Home General Discussion

Ccom 2012 awards

Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
Well just went thru reading them and I'm extremely surprised!! Maybe it's just me but I really don't agree with anymore then maybe 3 of them and they placed in different ranks then I would have put them in. But I would like to know everyone's thoughts and input on them.

Comments

• mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Wow, totally agree! I mean, where is the MF FDLA? By far, my favorite smoke of the year. I was saying it long before CA came out but I am glad to know that I am not alone! But yeah Lee, seems kinda whack to me!
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Trying to sell the product, inventory, and advertising here boys-----not saying 100%, but it is a business, cmon fellas.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Vulchor:
    Trying to sell the product, inventory, and advertising here boys-----not saying 100%, but it is a business, cmon fellas.
    Same thing applies to CA, but its still fun to read though

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Vulchor:
    I can understand that but take for instance the CLE...full bodied it is not,full flavored it is not. Not that it's a bad stick at all but I'd say it should take the spot where San lotano is!! And super premium section???? Personally I don't think any of those are super premium...maybe the armada in price but the cohiba xv?!?!?! I'm just saying...I'm no aficionado but really?!?! IMO if you need to get rid of inventory put a really good deal on them and don't fully restock them...save the budget for the cigars that sell the most
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    xmacro:
    Vulchor:

I agree, xmacro. We all know that the awards are ridiculous, but they are still fun to read.
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,077
    Wow, glad I wasn't the only one thinking this way.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    uuhhh.... Daruma?
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    List is almost the same as last year.

xmacro:
    Vulchor:

Oh I agree totally, said that in the CA thread. Agree I love reading all rating lists to see peoples preferences, but as long as there is some tie to a particular cigar or line then the list should always be a little suspect.
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Vulchor:
    I can understand that but take for instance the CLE...full bodied it is not,full flavored it is not. Not that it's a bad stick at all but I'd say it should take the spot where San lotano is!! And super premium section???? Personally I don't think any of those are super premium...maybe the armada in price but the cohiba xv?!?!?! I'm just saying...I'm no aficionado but really?!?! IMO if you need to get rid of inventory put a really good deal on them and don't fully restock them...save the budget for the cigars that sell the most
    Agree totally here as well. I love the CLE by the way, and agree it to be on a list....but not full. Armada is their baby and its not bad, so price wise I guess I can see it. As far as the Cohiba lol, I think you addressed it already.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Guys, nothing to hide here. Please note that part of our awards issue is that you can buy the sampler and the cigar brand will be in it. Yes these were all our top picks but we had others too that had to get cut because we couldn't get the thousands of cigars needed to accommodate the sampler. But again, everything in here was still on our favorites. Sure there were some we had to cut. (Trust me, I would have loved to have been able to put Liga no 9 in there) We try to keep our catalog informative and entertaining but it is still a catalog. That said, outside of getting the necessary cigars we remain unbiased and do pick our favorites.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Alex Svenson:
    Guys, nothing to hide here. Please note that part of our awards issue is that you can buy the sampler and the cigar brand will be in it. Yes these were all our top picks but we had others too that had to get cut because we couldn't get the thousands of cigars needed to accommodate the sampler. But again, everything in here was still on our favorites. Sure there were some we had to cut. (Trust me, I would have loved to have been able to put Liga no 9 in there) We try to keep our catalog informative and entertaining but it is still a catalog. That said, outside of getting the necessary cigars we remain unbiased and do pick our favorites.
    As with the "100 Greatest MLB Players", "50 Fastest Football Players Ever".....no list will make everyone happy. I've not had enough of the chosen cigars to comment, though.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Most importantly, it is your own top 10 or 25 that matters. The beauty of cigars is choice and taste. Some cigars my friends love I can't stand and vice versa. We all look for different things and fortunately, the industry is booming allowing us to try new stuff and new blenders every year. So what was your top 10 this year?