Home General Discussion

Rotation

danksheehandanksheehan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 43
Gentlemen,
What cigars are in your current rotation?

For me it's:
Liga Privada #9
San Lotano Robusto
Oliva V Dbl Robusto

Dan

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Recently I have burning singles of new to me cigars. Lots of "expert picks", " best of 2012" from last year, new releases, and stuff I am just now getting around to. Been a nice start to the year so far.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    I've been burning a good amount of the sticks I chose for aging to see progress. The others are sticks that I'm just revisiting... I've been disappointed in the new releases so I've just been doing my staples lol
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    I don't think that I've ever had a rotation ever.... w/in the last year or so, all I've been doing is trying new sticks. new meaning stuff that I've never had. And at this rate and stash, I think I can do that for another year. But I really enjoy it
  • jeep edsonjeep edson Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 826
    jliu:
    I don't think that I've ever had a rotation ever.... w/in the last year or so, all I've been doing is trying new sticks. new meaning stuff that I've never had. And at this rate and stash, I think I can do that for another year. But I really enjoy it
    big baller shot caller with a 2 year new stick rotation
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    jeep edson:
    jliu:
    big baller shot caller with a 2 year new stick rotation
    oh no not at all. i aint no baller.
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
    If I go with recent cigar choices, I've been on one of my "Cuban" modes. Smoking 2008 Esplendidos, 2007 Hoyos and pretty much all of my 2010 stash of PSD No.4

Tried a 5 vegas gold maduro yesterday, and it sucked....as they all have from that box. So sorry I jumped at those!

• 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Uhm, rotation?
    I buy so many sampler packs and 5 packs, there really isn't any rhyme or reason to my rotation.
    I have a bunch of boxes, but most of those I just can't stand to see those decrease in amount. LOL!

I stand there, stare at the cigars for 20 minutes, debate with myself on which one I want to smoke and then end up grabbing one that I have multiple of and off I go. LOL!
  • jeep edsonjeep edson Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 826
    i go one weird kicks where i will get a new box smoke damn near the whole thing then move on to something else. i just kick on kicks where i like a stick and i stick with it till i get low.
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,077
    Same for me. I've got a lot in the humi's that I haven't tried yet.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    the cigars ive been smoking a ton of as of late would be
    Davidoff 2000
    Elogio Havanna Series
    Camacho Corojo Ltd
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    i usually smoke a;lot of different ones,buy alot of samplers or one at at a time from my b&m.but right now im working on some obsidian belcosos i bought box of.some 59 factory rejects bought a mazo fo those.and my go to lately has been an 858
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    I typically rotate the cigar from the humidor to my hand to my mouth to my ashtray....lol
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    the beautiful thing about being a new smoker is that i will smoke just about anything just try it......so my rotation has no thyme or reason right now.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    brianetz1:
    the beautiful thing about being a new smoker is that i will smoke just about anything just try it......so my rotation has no thyme or reason right now.
    right now? whats funny is that with so much new stuff out there i am constantly something new all the time. there are some that always in the humidor but there are always new things in there too.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    danksheehan:
    Gentlemen,
    What cigars are in your current rotation?

For me it's:
    Liga Privada #9
    San Lotano Robusto
    Oliva V Dbl Robusto

Dan
    Fonseca Arana, AJ Fresh Rolled, Perdomo Lot 23, Alec Bradley SCR, and Sol Cubano Classic. All robustos. Those five are the staples. Once I burn the remaining Sols, they will be out of the rotation, to be replaced by Signature Classic Sungrown. The Lot 23s will be replaced by Lot 23 Maduro which are even better. The others are all delightful as is.

No, this does not imply that it's not fun to try something different. There's a slew of others in the top tray which are almost all things which I have not tried, waiting for a time when I feel like evaluating, Much of the time, though, I like to have something predictable I can rely on for when I don't want to think about the cigar. Sitting by the hearth with the RedHead last night, for instance, watching the toob and scratching the pup, I just wanted a nice smoke I didn't need to think about, so grabbed an AJ Fresh Rolled. Wonderful.

For me, grabbing outside the rotation involves a certain routine of work. Have to pay attention to the wrap, the odor, the foot, the cap, the drink, the light, the flavors, the ash, etc etc. Not much sense in burning something new unless you evaluate it. If I'm not up for that, I grab from the rotation.

• sjmdavesjmdave Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 12
    still doing a lot of trail runs to find out what cigars i like right now
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    about the only thing i smoke regularly is the 5 Vegas Classic. I actually have a section of my cooler dedicated to singles that i have yet to try so i visit that as often as i can.