Home General Discussion

Suggest a cigar to a newbie....

brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
I smoked a Alec Bradley Tempus last night (courtesy of bigshizza) and in my young cigar life, it was the first cigar that i smoked that after i was done with it i was like "holy shi! that was REALLY good"

based off of that, other than buying more Tempus (which i will) what other cigars have a similar flavor profile?

Comments

• MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    As a total noob, I can't compare (although, I think I should be getting my bigshizza welcome tomorrow) anything to the Tempus, but based on some talk, reviews, and frequency smoked on threads here, I tracked down a Liga Privada Undercrown and had the same experience. About halfway through, I thought I was smoking a dark chocolate cupcake!
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    The list is endless.
    My Father
    Jaime Garcia
    Torano
    Ava Maria
    Davidoff
    Comacho
    And on and on. LOL!
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    I have a suggestion... PM me your address!
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    brianetz1:
    I smoked a Alec Bradley Tempus last night (courtesy of bigshizza) and in my young cigar life, it was the first cigar that i smoked that after i was done with it i was like "holy shi! that was REALLY good"

based off of that, other than buying more Tempus (which i will) what other cigars have a similar flavor profile?
    Alec Bradley has a load of nice stuff. You like one, you're apt to like the others. Put "Alec Bradley Sampler" into the cigar.com search slot and you'll find several dandy combos.

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Try the Avo Take Five sampler, it will give you a good idea of what the Domincan profile is all about, and you get connecticut, habano, sumatra, and maduro wrapped cigars as well. Great way to get to know a region and wrappers.
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    catfishbluezz:
    Try the Avo Take Five sampler, it will give you a good idea of what the Domincan profile is all about, and you get connecticut, habano, sumatra, and maduro wrapped cigars as well. Great way to get to know a region and wrappers.

Which ones from that sampler have habano and sumatra? It was hard to find info when I got my sampler. Seems like most sites just said ecuadorian sungrown.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    bbass2:
    catfishbluezz:

Which ones from that sampler have habano and sumatra? It was hard to find info when I got my sampler. Seems like most sites just said ecuadorian sungrown.
    Classic/XO- conny
    Heritage-habano
    Domaine-Sumatra
    Maduro-well...its obvious lol.