Home General Discussion

Cigar Band Collage

Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
I finally got around to finishing my collage of cigar bands. They are glued onto a black tag board, not sure what the final result will be, but I figured I would be safe doing this and then transforming it to something else when I get a house later on this year.

Comments

• MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    Pretty cool, I like it!:-)
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    looks good man!
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 714
    Nice, you should frame it.
  • jeep edsonjeep edson Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 826
    looks cool. i need to do that with mine.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    Did this a while ago.
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    beatnic:
    Did this a while ago.
    Great Idea, very cool!:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Very nice Shaun...thanks for the idea. I have been collecting the bands some time now without knowing what I am going to do with them.
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    I finally got around to finishing my collage of cigar bands. They are glued onto a black tag board, not sure what the final result will be, but I figured I would be safe doing this and then transforming it to something else when I get a house later on this year.

• Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    That is sweet beatnic! I have been trying to decide if there is anything I have that is cool enough to cover up with bands, but living in an apt somewhat shortchanges me of options. I really would love to build a basement bar and either cover the bar top with some nice glass over it or even make this out into 6-10" strips and go around below the ceiling as a border for the room...lots of options!
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Wow...very nice Rick. Thanks for sharing.
    beatnic:
    Did this a while ago.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    Shaun.Harrison87:

that would be really cool if you put that on a wood tabletop laquered it and then put a glass top on it for a nice cigar table.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    very nice indeed sir
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Nice work Shaun,, got some good sticks on that board.. been saving mine too for the last year or so. will get around to doing something one of these days.. btw good job to you too Beatnic
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Very nice, guys!! I got a ziploc bag full, wife told me to do something with them a couple months ago, covered the bottom of my clear-crystal ash tray. Looks kind like those Xikar Havana series trays.

Still have some bands left though, wanna do something similar to what you did - Shaun. And frame it up nice to hang on the wall.
  • StsepasStsepas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 475
    Nice job! Any sign supply co. Sells a clear coat designed to clear graphics printed on vinyl and other sign substrates. I used to use it all the time on my signs before they'd leave the shop. It's called frog juice, and comes in an are sol can.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Stsepas:
    Nice job! Any sign supply co. Sells a clear coat designed to clear graphics printed on vinyl and other sign substrates. I used to use it all the time on my signs before they'd leave the shop. It's called frog juice, and comes in an are sol can.
    Hey Steve, any suggestions for glue to glue them onto a tabletop and what clear finish to use so the lighter labels don't get a stained look?