Home General Discussion

Looking for a specific Hygrometer

ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
I have been looking for a digital hygrometer that the display is in the front, it reads the humidity out of the back, can be put in place of the $hitty plastic hygrometer that came with my new humi. I mean give me a break people. I'm gunna spend this much money on a humi and you cant even put a decent analog in. Im talking Glass and Brass people. Anyway, I cant find one and I figured you guys are on hundreds of cigar sites a week just like me. Does this even exist?

Comments

• The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    curious,,,does it have to be circular???
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    yeah, it has to fit in the hole in the front of my hygrometer. pretty much the body of an analog but guts of a digital. Someone must have something like this available.
    ddubridge:
    yeah, it has to fit in the hole in the front of my hygrometer. pretty much the body of an analog but guts of a digital. Someone must have something like this available.
    oh ok gotcha, I know what your looking for , but I havent ever seen one..
    Just looked at both the links that D posted,, let us know if those work
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    The Kid:
    I jsut searched analog style digital hygrometer as I had found some in the past that were designed to replace the front analog type. I think those will work.
    catfishbluezz:
    The Kid:
    I jsut searched analog style digital hygrometer as I had found some in the past that were designed to replace the front analog type. I think those will work.
    I like the first one,, but both are kinda pricy,, without knowin the size of his humi its hard to say if they will work, but it says they come with adapters.. good stuff
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 771
    They have them on cigar.dom. Check the humidor acceseries and you will find it. It described as a front mounted hygrometer.
    The Kid:
    catfishbluezz:
    The Kid:
    I like the first one,, but both are kinda pricy,, without knowin the size of his humi its hard to say if they will work, but it says they come with adapters.. good stuff
    First one looks like what I want, but I was kinda hoping for brass and a digital style read out, like on the xikar round hygrometer that pretty much every one has. It looks like they are out there I just need to find the style I want.
    Looks like the description of the second one is right. I wish I could see the picture.
    kinda like this

I did my best
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    I take it you are trying to replace that analog hygrometer in your new 300 count humidor to a digital one?
    yes sir. I know you have that same one. If yours has the same hygrometer it makes the whole humi look like $hit. Cheap and plastic.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Amazon has a few digital round ones.
    like this

with a display like this

• jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    ddubridge:
    yes sir. I know you have that same one. If yours has the same hygrometer it makes the whole humi look like $hit. Cheap and plastic.
    Don't think I've seen such a thing for our humi. If you haven't done so already, I say just measure the diameter and depth of the original unit and do a quick google.
    They have digital ones in black at cigar.com. Just the blue humi care one you displayed. Check humidor accessories humidification. I would look at this over some others because its accurate when some of the non name ones aren't.
    jliu:
    ddubridge:
    Don't think I've seen such a thing for our humi. If you haven't done so already, I say just measure the diameter and depth of the original unit and do a quick google.
    tried that. I can find real replacment analog (glass and brass/gold), but noghting like I how are these not in demand? I would pay good money for one of these. Just cant find one.
    Gaetano7890:
    They have digital ones in black at cigar.com. Just the blue humi care one you displayed. Check humidor accessories humidification. I would look at this over some others because its accurate when some of the non name ones aren't.
    I have two of those inside the humi, but im looking for something that can replace the one on the outside. Needs to test humidity from the back and fit in the hole already in the humidor.
    They have ones that fit in the front of the humidor just like your talking about. If your check the have one that pulls air from the back and reads out on the front.