Home General Discussion

Amazing clubs.com

RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
Anybody have any dealings with them? My wife signed me up for their cigar of the month club. Well the first shipment just came it had a Sancho Panzo extra furte, which is a good one.a Gurkha of some kind ( no band name) and 3 budget cigars one of which is made from scraps. I had never heard of them so I googled each brand and man am I pissed. And it's about the same cost as ccom's cotm.

Comments

• jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Not had their cigar of the month club ---- but my mom and step-dad got me their beer of the quarter club for a Xmas gift last year. .....

It was OK.

I got some brews that I wouldn't normally try --- and some breweries from either coast that I haven't seen around here, but IDK - I wasn't that impressed, and I wouldn't do it again.

(And I saw what they paid for it, the beers I got each quarter were not worth the $$ IMO)
  • mr.wendell1979mr.wendell1979 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    Rhamlin:
    Anybody have any dealings with them? My wife signed me up for their cigar of the month club. Well the first shipment just came it had a Sancho Panzo extra furte, which is a good one.a Gurkha of some kind ( no band name) and 3 budget cigars one of which is made from scraps. I had never heard of them so I googled each brand and man am I pissed. And it's about the same cost as ccom's cotm.

My Fiance signed me up for that same club. Unfortunately, out of the five cigars... 4 had split wrappers and all were a bit dry. The flimsy cardboard tube they came in apparently didn't hold up well and the ziploc they put them in tore. She called them up, and even though it was the post office's fault, they sent her (me) two of the previous months as a consolation I guess. I ended signing myself up for the CCOM one as well for the discount as I shop here a LOT!!!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Well my wife was able to get a refund minus the cigars they sent. Which they figure were worth 47$. I don't know if I want to join a cotm or not. I'm thinking more along the lines of ordering some 5 packs of some cigars I've been wanting to get but always felt they were to pricey. Opinions?
    Here's a pic of what they consider high end, hard to find cigars.image
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    My opinion... if you can't put together a better 5 pack than that for $47, you should be shot in the face. lol
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    BigT06:
    My opinion... if you can't put together a better 5 pack than that for $47, you should be shot in the face. lol
    Knowing you, it would be a 5 pack of each Undercrown size. +1
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    BigT06:
    Exactly!
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    never heard of them but will definitely put the word out to stay away
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,077
    Yeah man, that is a joke.