Home General Discussion

Cigar Reps & BOTLs

scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
So I went to a local Drew Estate event at a B&M today (just some good deals on DE) and the local rep was there and can I say man what a good guy. As I was driving home I was thinking how nice people in the cigar world are. This mainly applies to the guys/gals who are really into cigars (so much that they will travel to factories in Latin America) and not your young sales rep at chain cigar stores. Every one is full of stories and doesn't mind talking for long periods of times. The best part is I have yet to have a conversation with a rep or shop owner where they try to act like a used car salesman. Dang near every BOTL is a great person. Just wanna get this out into the world.

Comments

• ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Sounds like an awesome time man. As a rep, Emilio Cigars, I can personally say that I take the approach of just having a good time with people. I love the ability to get together with fellow enthusiasts and just talk cigars, even non Emilio, at our events. I am hoping to some day make it down to the factories and get more engrossed in the process as I am a young sales rep ;) lol I can honestly say I have never found a more generous and genuine group on people than my fellow cigar peeps
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    scarlin:
    ... chain cigar stores. ...
    This is off topic, I know, but what chain cigar stores? We have a B&M here in Dull-Aware which owns like half a dozen stores in the state. I've been in three. Each one is way different. There's one B&M in Warren PA which the same people own a place up near Niagara. Other than that, each B&M I've seen is a mom & pop. Who's a cigar chain store? Got me curious.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    webmost:
    scarlin:
    This is off topic, I know, but what chain cigar stores? We have a B&M here in Dull-Aware which owns like half a dozen stores in the state. I've been in three. Each one is way different. There's one B&M in Warren PA which the same people own a place up near Niagara. Other than that, each B&M I've seen is a mom & pop. Who's a cigar chain store? Got me curious.

Tinder Box comes to mind pretty quick.
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    kingjk729:
    webmost:
    scarlin:

Tinder Box comes to mind pretty quick.
    & Smoker Friendly around here.