Home General Discussion

Cigar of the year.

stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
Surprised I haven't seen this thread yet? (If it already exists let me know)

Whats your cigar of the year? You only get one.
Mine would be the Flor de las Antillas.

Comments

• jeep edsonjeep edson Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 826
    flying feral pig edit. i know it wasn't released this year but it was released to me this year so it gets my vote.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    I just scrolled through the list of cigars released this year and realized I didn't smoke nearly enough of them! Lol, but of the few I did try, the Tat Mexican Experiment and the Room 101 OSOK stood out the most. I think I have to give it to the OSOK though. No, the Tat. Wait, no, I don't know. I think I need to smoke a couple more of each and then officially decide. I'll come back to this in a couple weeks.
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,290
    SleevePlz:
    I just scrolled through the list of cigars released this year and realized I didn't smoke nearly enough of them! Lol, but of the few I did try, the Tat Mexican Experiment and the Room 101 OSOK stood out the most. I think I have to give it to the OSOK though. No, the Tat. Wait, no, I don't know. I think I need to smoke a couple more of each and then officially decide. I'll come back to this in a couple weeks.
    Haha +1
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    OSOK..yeah baby!!!
  • VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    Bigshizza:
    OSOK..yeah baby!!!

Yea.... agreed. Namakubi was this year right? And I love the Gurkha Blend 163.2 LE 2012 7X70 Tubos. Yea... its a HTF. LOL
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Probably either My Father No.4 or Partagas Serie P #2
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Tatuaje The Mummy
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    I haven't had many but I did like the flor de las Antillas a lot. And while not a new release, I just had my first DPG blue and it was just as great.
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    hmm for me regarding what I had this year.... best nc is master blends 1 torpedo. best cc vegas robaina don alejandro. every master blends 1 I find I will smoke now but I can't wait til my don alejandro gets to the 5 year-ish mark.
  • *Petey**Petey* Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 375
    james40:
    I haven't had many but I did like the flor de las Antillas a lot. And while not a new release, I just had my first DPG blue and it was just as great.
    Dude the DPG Blue is probably the most underrated cigar out there. Freaking Amazing. Try the corona or the corona extra if you get the chance. It gets even better.

So the best New cigars of the year for me were ether MF Corona and the La Palina Goldie.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Ezra Zion Reagan
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    *Petey*:
    james40:
    Dude the DPG Blue is probably the most underrated cigar out there. Freaking Amazing. Try the corona or the corona extra if you get the chance. It gets even better.

So the best New cigars of the year for me were ether MF Corona and the La Palina Goldie.
    thanks for the tip bro. I nubbed that bad boy, which doesn't happen all the time.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    james40:
    +1 for the Flor de las Antilles!
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    mmccartneydc:
    james40:
    +1 for the Flor de las Antilles!
    im gonna have to go with this also, with the o.s.o.k pulling a real close second
  • musicman3musicman3 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 622
    Is there a link to a list of 2012 released cigars?
  • amz1301amz1301 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,287
    Another vote for La Palina "Goldie" also Room 101 Daruma Churchill
  • ctschirgictschirgi Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 63
    Cigar.com American Label. Mabey not the best cigar in the world, but something just feels right about lighting up a Puro grown in the USA.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    ctschirgi:
    Cigar.com American Label. Mabey not the best cigar in the world, but something just feels right about lighting up a Puro grown in the USA.
    +1
  • jasonusa1jasonusa1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 729
    Illusione Ultra? I believe it was, or the My Father Flor de las Antillas
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    JDN Cuenca y Blanco (C&Y)
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    musicman3:
    Yes, halfwheel is great for this kind of info.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    stephen_hannibal:

Great question...mine would have to be the moniticristo white label or the Rodrigo Boutique G5.
  • musicman3musicman3 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 622
    SleevePlz:
    musicman3:
    Yes, halfwheel is great for this kind of info.
    Thank you very much!
  • gio164gio164 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 180
    L'Atelier LAT 54
  • raisindotraisindot Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 936
    stephen_hannibal:

Anyone feel like doing a 1 for 1 trade for one of these? I've got some good stuff to trade, like a My Father Special Edition, Aroma De Cuba Mi Amor, Man 'O War, some Carlos Torano stuff. PM if interested.
  • BombayBombay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,207
    I would say either the OSOK Trucha or the Tatuaje Mummy. Damn it is friggin close, hell i dont know thats why the good lord gave you two hands.
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,290
    Bombay:
    I would say either the OSOK Trucha or the Tatuaje Mummy. Damn it is friggin close, hell i dont know thats why the good lord gave you two hands.
    im torn between the OSOK trucha or the Ezrazion Reagen or inception. All three blew me away. Ugh I dunno... glad I have some access to all of them or I`d be bummed.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    *Petey*:
    james40:

DPG Blue is the ***! Still aging those you sent me homie
  • xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    stephen_hannibal:

I'll second the Flor de las Antillas. Bang for buck is very high on this one. Must. Buy. Box
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    xIcedGuardianx:
    stephen_hannibal:

I'll second the Flor de las Antillas. Bang for buck is very high on this one. Must. Buy. Box
    The guardian has returned. The apocalypse is upon us.