Home General Discussion

chocolate for a girl

webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
One of my five sisters is ready to try cigars. I shot a batch of assorted stuff to my bro in law. She liked the smell when he smoked them. He liked the peppery ones and the cheap ones. Told me he used to smoke infused years ago. I shot him a box of coffee infused and a bundle of Factory Throwouts. She liked the smell of those. Told me she would like to try chocolate flavored cigars! I am way beyond my depth there. There are so many flavors in fine tobacco already that I just don't get the idea of infusing them.

Anyone have a suggestion what to send my sister?

Got to be cheap for them to keep at it, because they are both in real estate in Vegas, which, needless to say, has been back-breaking these past few years.

Comments

• pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    I recall some very strong chocolatey flavors in the PDR Oscuro. Those can definitely be had for cheap too.
  • OldBlueEyes2012OldBlueEyes2012 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 239
    I can taste a little chocolate in the Tabak Especial, and if I'm going to smoke an infused cigar, it'll be that. Not too sweet to take away from the joy of smoking, but it's good to start someone off who may not enjoy smoking a regular cigar yet.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    I can taste a little chocolate in the Tabak Especial, and if I'm going to smoke an infused cigar, it'll be that. Not too sweet to take away from the joy of smoking, but it's good to start someone off who may not enjoy smoking a regular cigar yet.
    This sounds right, to me. There's a place in Tampa called "Schokolade" (sp) that has boxes of Chocolate Cohibas. Looked real for a sec. Can't smoke 'em, but I bet she likes them.
  • Tina ETina E BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 19
    There was previous mention of Tatiana Mocha. We do carry these. They're just not listed on the site. Give us a call if you're interested! :)
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Tina E:
    There was previous mention of Tatiana Mocha. We do carry these. They're just not listed on the site. Give us a call if you're interested! :)
    Hey thanks a million for paying attention!

• MESKCMESKC Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 206
    sent you a pm.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    Never smoked one but I remember reading a thread about Natural Dirt Torpedo. Matt (mmccartneydc) said they were "like a chocolate bomb in your mouth." You might wanna PM him and see what he thinks. Here's the Thread
    Thanks for your help guys. Just got off the phone with Sean at c.com. He suggested a Drew estate Isla del Sol as well as tatiana. A pair of fivers going out to Vegas today. Hope she enjoys cigars.

Happy Birthday Jesus... Christmas is a gas!

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    CAO america has strong chocolate notes. I dont remember how strong it is.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Haha, I was just typing this and backed out to check pricing on the Dirt (5.35) when you type your message ddubridge. But yeah, the Dirt is the absolutely most chocolatey of chocolate cigar I have ever had. Its like going down on one of those lady M&M's. Super sweet!
    Can't find the dirt on the c.com site. Plus, I figure a boy would sooner put dirt in his mouth than a girl. Don't want to put her off with the name, see.

Thanks again for your help

• mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    It is under "natural" by DE name.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    mmccartneydc:
    Haha, I was just typing this and backed out to check pricing on the Dirt (5.35) when you type your message ddubridge. But yeah, the Dirt is the absolutely most chocolatey of chocolate cigar I have ever had. Its like going down on one of those lady M&M's. Super sweet!
    +1 on the dirt really chocolate.one i would recommend as an after dinner smoke.dont know bout the m&m part tho..but a very interesting thought
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    mmccartneydc:
    Didnt mean to steal your thunder and beat ya to the punch. Your post came to mind immediately. I was also having some trouble finding them to check the price on cc.com until I remembered they were under the Natural DE line.
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    webmost:
    One of my five sisters is ready to try cigars. I shot a batch of assorted stuff to my bro in law. She liked the smell when he smoked them. He liked the peppery ones and the cheap ones. Told me he used to smoke infused years ago. I shot him a box of coffee infused and a bundle of Factory Throwouts. She liked the smell of those. Told me she would like to try chocolate flavored cigars! I am way beyond my depth there. There are so many flavors in fine tobacco already that I just don't get the idea of infusing them.

Anyone have a suggestion what to send my sister?

Got to be cheap for them to keep at it, because they are both in real estate in Vegas, which, needless to say, has been back-breaking these past few years.

I always thought the Torano 50th has a faint chocolate taste, especially in the smaller ring size.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Oliveros King Havano Oscuro, very sweet and smooth flavors of coffee, espresso and chocolate. Actually too sweet for my taste but she may like it.
  • jadeltjadelt Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 766
    Bad trade. Keep the chocolate