Home General Discussion

Umm....Help....

dsaylesdsayles Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 123
So this one time at band camp I seen a cigar that had like a two tone wrapper. It was like a swirl maybe like a madura and claro. I have no clue what type of cigat this could be...anyone?

Comments

• musicman3musicman3 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 622
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    That's called a barber pole, CAO, Fuente, La Herencia Cubana, Padilla, Sol Cubano, etc. all make one.
  • dsaylesdsayles Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 123
    bigharpoon:
    That's called a barber pole, CAO, Fuente, La Herencia Cubana, Padilla, Sol Cubano, etc. all make one.
    It is the Sol Cubano.....I dont know if it good but I wants to try...its so pretty. But for real it is a good looking cigar. Thank you.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    dsayles:
    bigharpoon:
    It is the Sol Cubano.....I dont know if it good but I wants to try...its so pretty. But for real it is a good looking cigar. Thank you.
    Ahhh...yes...the Artisan. That cigar is no doubt beautifully wrapped. Those have a love/hate type of following, tell us what you think if you ever smoke it!
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    I have seen the Sol Cubano Artisans on the sprint sale several times recently. You might keep an eye out for them there.
    pelirrojo:
    I have seen the Sol Cubano Artisans on the sprint sale several times recently. You might keep an eye out for them there.
    I will make sure I do that
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    When this started with "One time at band camp" in a cigar forum, I never thought it would end with a barber pole...

...or wait...maybe...?
    Ken Light:
    When this started with "One time at band camp" in a cigar forum, I never thought it would end with a barber pole...

...or wait...maybe...?
    I plead the 5th........
  • biodarwinbiodarwin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 260
    bigharpoon:
    Ahhh...yes...the Artisan. That cigar is no doubt beautifully wrapped. Those have a love/hate type of following, tell us what you think if you ever smoke it!
    I have one. It looks so cool I am kind of afraid to smoke it!
    biodarwin:
    bigharpoon:
    I have one. It looks so cool I am kind of afraid to smoke it!
    Just put it in your mouth it is completely safe....you might even like it. But for real I hear you they look too nice to light up.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    I've had several of the La Herencia Cubana Dos Capas and thought they were pretty good. They can be had for a good price too. I can't remember if I still have one or not. I think I was going to revisit it after a year or so.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    Established1844 coronas come in a barber poll. Intresting concept but I could tell you if they taste any different as I have not had a regular Established1844 before. I always get them in the AJ corona sampler.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    They look cool but I'd rather have the maduro...at least with the Fuentes. It's not bad just high in price!!
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Lee.mcglynn:
    They look cool but I'd rather have the maduro...at least with the Fuentes. It's not bad just high in price!!
    I just picked up a BTL today. The whole time I was thinking I'm paying double for this cigar for no good reason other than to say I've tried one. Can't imagine it is that much better than a regular or maduro Hemingway, but we shall see. With my luck, I'll love it and have to get more. Lol.
    SleevePlz:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I just picked up a BTL today. The whole time I was thinking I'm paying double for this cigar for no good reason other than to say I've tried one. Can't imagine it is that much better than a regular or maduro Hemingway, but we shall see. With my luck, I'll love it and have to get more. Lol.
    Lol yeah they aren't bad I feel they are more of a novalty then anything else. I'm mean even when you get them around msrp it's tough to justify it
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Lee.mcglynn:
    SleevePlz:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Lol yeah they aren't bad I feel they are more of a novalty then anything else. I'm mean even when you get them around msrp it's tough to justify it
    Yeah, I didn't bother justifying it beyond just wanting to try one at some point. It's not fair for me to comment on it until I have actually fired one up. It was also the first time I actually saw them in stock at a B&M. Figured I might as well take the plunge. Probably should have grabbed the Untold Story Maduro instead...
    SleevePlz:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    SleevePlz:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Yeah, I didn't bother justifying it beyond just wanting to try one at some point. It's not fair for me to comment on it until I have actually fired one up. It was also the first time I actually saw them in stock at a B&M. Figured I might as well take the plunge. Probably should have grabbed the Untold Story Maduro instead...
    Yeah my b&m got them in as well...wish they had the maddy in but hey I can't be picky lol. You might like it it's not bad at all so let me know your thoughts