scarlin:
    Are Gurka Titans worth 3 bucks per? Picked up a fiver for 15 bucks
    not bad
  • DCarp2005DCarp2005 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 140
    The Kid:
    scarlin:
    not bad
    I would say definietly, they "retail" for $30 a piece. I enjoy the Titan, its a good size cigar and a good smoke IMO. I've read on here that a lot of people don't like gurkhas due to poor quaility, but i have not had any problems with mine.
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    DCarp2005:
    The Kid:
    scarlin:
    not bad
    I would say definietly, they "retail" for $30 a piece. I enjoy the Titan, its a good size cigar and a good smoke IMO. I've read on here that a lot of people don't like gurkhas due to poor quaility, but i have not had any problems with mine.
    I tend to stay away from Gurkha, but I bought these knowing some people thought the Titans were decent and for 3 bucks.. Only Gurkhas I have are a Doble Maduro from a pass and a Louis XII (from sister site & not 700 buck one)
  • DCarp2005DCarp2005 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 140
    scarlin:
    DCarp2005:
    The Kid:
    scarlin:
    not bad
    I tend to stay away from Gurkha, but I bought these knowing some people thought the Titans were decent and for 3 bucks.. Only Gurkhas I have are a Doble Maduro from a pass and a Louis XII (from sister site & not 700 buck one)
    I bought the Gurkha maduro sampler and was pleased with it, they all kinda taste the same but still taste good none the less. Titans are probably my favorite gurkha.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,036
    Quite a few years ago, Gurkha's were at the top of the heap as far as premium's go.
    I used to love the Centurian and the Royal Brigade.
    Thanks to an abundance of newer, more complex blends I feel my palate moved on past the Gurkha stage.
    I won't bash them, but when asked to recommend a cigar, Gurkha's are down towards the bottom of my list.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    scarlin:
    for 3 bucks they are ok. even when their name wasnt a synonym for "over marketing under delivering" i felt the titan was not their best blend. I still have a few Gurkhas from 06 when they had a limited number of blends and they were not just pumping out as many cigars as they could. if you can find some titans from that time period you would be in better shape.
  • mr.wendell1979mr.wendell1979 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    Bought the Gurkha Titans from the Cyber Monday deal and have yet to try one. Have tried others and they were decent. But for the price they had I figured why not. Gave 2 to a friend from work and he liked them.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    i would have pulled the trigger
  • mr.wendell1979mr.wendell1979 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    ddubridge:

Was a great price indeed. At the price they had them I sure didn't mind pulling the trigger. Since my friend from work smokes Gurkha quite a bit I gave him two. He came back the next day and brought me two AB Tempus as a thank you.
  • bap001bap001 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 28
    I definitely don't have a problem picking up Gurkhas for $3 a stick...may not be the best cigars out there but for $3 a pop they're worth a try.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    i actually like a few of the ghurkas.like the vintage o8s and will pick up a seduction every once in awhile.only ever had one come apart on me.but its all about finding what you like.everyones tastes are different.so you got find what you like then you wont worry about the price
  • WaterDemonWaterDemon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 269
    Titans are OK. Never had a problem with one.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    At three bucks each Sure.. You probably wont smoke them day after day until they are gone, but it will be a cigar that you will find some redeeming qualities with. I have a couple from back in 2008, and will smoke them when I have a lot of time to spare.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    mr.wendell1979:
    ddubridge:

Was a great price indeed. At the price they had them I sure didn't mind pulling the trigger. Since my friend from work smokes Gurkha quite a bit I gave him two. He came back the next day and brought me two AB Tempus as a thank you.
    at that price if I havent had one or I kinda enjoyed the ONE i had with a sampler (which I did) i'd pull the trigger in a heart beat. send them to the bottom of the barrel and see if they age well. Gurkha I kinda a crap shoot with burn quality, but I buy boxes of park ave 44's all the time and I rarely have issues.
  • OldBlueEyes2012OldBlueEyes2012 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 239
    I smoked about 1/3 of one before I decided to toss it. The draw was terrible and I personally didn't care for the cigar itself. But if you can get anything for $3 a stick, it can't hurt to try it.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    I love the titans; $3 is a fantastic deal! Lots of smoke, I love the flavor. The Titan I vs. Titan II is a little confusing ... I like the ones with the Costa Rican wrapper, I think that's the Titan, I.

But either way great deal. Its the only Gurkha I've gone for