Home General Discussion

Bad News - Can't enjoy my cigars for a while

NeleneaNelenea Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 90
Dental implant #1
No carbonated drinks at least 7 days
No alcohol 3 days
No straws 7 days
NO SMOKING 7 days + smoke in the mouth might prevent bonding of the implant to the jaw. That will take 4 months.

Not sure if I want to risk it, but damn that is a long time to not have a stogie...

And I have a few more to do... so this nonsmoking layoff might be longer than I want.

Comments

• bigfnstevebigfnsteve Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,290
    Damn bro bummer.. I hope your recovery is speedy. Start looking now for that first special cigar. That`ll keep ya preoccupied.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    sorry to hear that but good luck with the implant
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Can't you light one up and breathe the smoke through your nose? Just sit there in a closet with the door shut and get all smoked up. Serious.

• james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    Bummer but it will be worth the wait. A little punishment now will pay off in dividends later once you can smoke to your hears content. Always, your cigars will only get that much more age on them, which is a good thing.
  • prosspross Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    Move to Maine where a full set of choppers is seemingly undesirable.
  • NeleneaNelenea Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 90
    Probably less teeth in Mississippi where I live than any other state in the Union )
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    bigfnsteve:
    Damn bro bummer.. I hope your recovery is speedy. Start looking now for that first special cigar. That`ll keep ya preoccupied.
    +1 bro!!!
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 771
    Listen to your dentist it will be worth you def don't want a dry socket. Smoke 2 cigars in 8 days good luck.
  • greg2648greg2648 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,422
    Sorry to hear that.....I would like to officially offer up my humidor for the safe-keeping of your cigars.....I will love them as if they were my own.......
  • Santa ClausSanta Claus Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 203
    greg2648:
    Sorry to hear that.....I would like to officially offer up my humidor for the safe-keeping of your cigars.....I will love them as if they were my own.......
    I will see you Saturday...... bring extra lube......
    Santa Claus:
    greg2648:
    I see that you sent me a Christmas gift.....I haven't opened it yet, but it is there.....I will post something tonight.......I have something special in mind for you, Santa......Oh, and the lube?, as of late I am so bored out, I don't need any.....You will be just "working the edges".....Sooooo, if my math is right, if I bring a package for everybody in attendance, at least I know that I bombed Santa......DONE.....You brought this on yourself Fat-Man.......BWAhahahahahahaha....I win.....
    Santa Claus:
    greg2648:
    I see that you sent me a Christmas gift.....I haven't opened it yet, but it is there.....I will post something tonight.......I have something special in mind for you, Santa......Oh, and the lube?, as of late I am so bored out, I don't need any.....You will be just "working the edges".....Sooooo, if my math is right, if I bring a package for everybody in attendance, at least I know that I bombed Santa......DONE.....You brought this on yourself Fat-Man.......BWAhahahahahahaha....I win.....
    greg2648:
    Santa Claus:
    greg2648:
    lets not scare santa during this festive time of the year....glad you got my gift.....looking foward to licking your hands when we meet.....what time is it.... tool time.....it's tim the tool man taylor.... whats going on.... i'm unsure.... mike williams is santa?!?! and dont call me fat pig fer....I think cartman on south park says that.... i'm done for now.... have a splendid day my dearest greg....
    Santa Claus:
    greg2648:
    Santa Claus:
    greg2648:
    lets not scare santa during this festive time of the year....glad you got my gift.....looking foward to licking your hands when we meet.....what time is it.... tool time.....it's tim the tool man taylor.... whats going on.... i'm unsure.... mike williams is santa?!?! and dont call me fat pig fer....I think cartman on south park says that.... i'm done for now.... have a splendid day my dearest greg....
    Hahahahaha.....I think that I love you......You are even typing in my "signature style"......I can't wait for Saturday, when you appear......Stay tuned, this is going to get exciting......Hehehehehehehe....
    greg2648:
    Santa Claus:
    greg2648:
    Santa Claus:
    greg2648:
    Hahahahaha.....I think that I love you......You are even typing in my "signature style"......I can't wait for Saturday, when you appear......Stay tuned, this is going to get exciting......Hehehehehehehe....
    hahahaha....Hey, I just met you....And this is crazy.....But here's my number.....So call me, maybe?????
  • WaterDemonWaterDemon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 269
    I feel your pain!!!! I just had my wisdom teeth out! My gums hurt like hell for the past week and a half! They are now just stopping to hurt...Still can't smoke for another week or 2 though! >.< Don't do what I did and buy more cigars, they will only taunt you. :[
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Nelenea:
    Probably less teeth in Mississippi where I live than any other state in the Union )
    Buy a blender... JK... Hope your teeth behave and set well! Good luck
  • NeleneaNelenea Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 90
    The upside is that the bomb Mike sent me will get a bit more age on them and be that much more enjoyable when I do get to smoke them )