Home General Discussion

Cruise to Bahamas

DCarp2005DCarp2005 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 140
Hey guys,
Im going on my first cruise to the bahams and we are staying on the Grand Bahama Island. I read online that they are a lot of ISOM fakes down there and that roughly 10% of all the so called "ISOMs" for sale are real. I wasn't sure wha i read was true, so i am turning to my BOTL'S for some help. I was hoping for some advice when purchasing some ISOM's to smoke down there. I plan on taking my 10ct herf-a-dor with me and taking some of my own cigars but at the same time trying to get my hands on some ISOM's. Any advice is welcome

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    You'd be better off getting ISOM's in the states. Don't waste your money when your there.
  • dsaylesdsayles Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 123
    Retarded question...what is ISOM?
  • Secret SasquatchSecret Sasquatch Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 55
    dsayles:
    Retarded question...what is ISOM?
    Island South Of Miami
  • dsaylesdsayles Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 123
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    DCarp2005:
    Hey guys,
    Im going on my first cruise to the bahams and we are staying on the Grand Bahama Island. I read online that they are a lot of ISOM fakes down there and that roughly 10% of all the so called "ISOMs" for sale are real. I wasn't sure wha i read was true, so i am turning to my BOTL'S for some help. I was hoping for some advice when purchasing some ISOM's to smoke down there. I plan on taking my 10ct herf-a-dor with me and taking some of my own cigars but at the same time trying to get my hands on some ISOM's. Any advice is welcome

Just make damned sure that your ship has a cigar lounge and not just some designated spot out on deck somewhere. Our last Bahamas cruise told us that the Captain Cook's lounge on board was a cigar lounge. Turns out it was a no-smoking lounge and I was relegated to the uppermost, rearmost deck on the ship where the wind blew constantly. Useless for enjoying a cigar!!

if need be, make the cruise line provide you with a letter stating that such-and-such lounge is a cigar lounge. At least that way, you'll be able to go after their azz when you find out you've Been jerked around, like I was...

• DCarp2005DCarp2005 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 140
    Thanks for all of the input guys, i appreciate it. It was mentioned that one can buy ISOM's in the state, where would one find such cigars?
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Out of curiosity Derek.....you taking Norweigan or Celebration cruise lines?
    Celebration I believe
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    I was just on GBI back in March. All of the shops advertise ISOMs, but did not see any real ones. There was an old B&M I found away from the main shopping area, but it was a little hole in the wall and I still wasn't 100% sure if they were real. Bring your own.
  • ImgemboImgembo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 657
    DCarp2005:
    Thanks for all of the input guys, i appreciate it. It was mentioned that one can buy ISOM's in the state, where would one find such cigars?
    i too am interested in this. Also have fun man its a fun place.
    Imgembo:
    DCarp2005:
    i too am interested in this. Also have fun man its a fun place.
    Thanks man, it's my first time out of the country.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Gentlemen, this is not something discussed openly on the forums... Hint hint
    Derek, wil you PM me when you get back about the boat? Wife and I were looking into this cruise line, we heard mixed reviews but love the different packages you can do with hotels and such there. Would love to hear your take on it. Ive been on a Royal Carribean and Carnival Cruise once each, and like to see new ships and stuff.
    Yeah no problem man, i have also heard mixed reviews and stuff. Its a pretty good deal since you actually get to stay on the island for 3 days.
    No doubt. Thats what we like about it. Ship is nic and all, but being on solid ground for more than 12hrs to explore is quite intriguing.