Home General Discussion

Who owns a cigar lounge/shop?

dsaylesdsayles Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 123
Does anyone here own a BM or do you know someone who would be willing to answer a couple of questions for me?

Comments

• redlandscigarredlandscigar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1
    We just opened one a week ago in Redlands CA at 732 Tennesse. Please come see us.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    ^^^^^^^^^add^^^^^^^^ maybe possibly?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    redlandscigar:
    We just opened one a week ago in Redlands CA at 732 Tennesse. Please come see us.
    Very sublte..
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,290
    I got a walk in with PRICE TAGS n stuff still on the BOXES DOES that count? My ex WIFE ALLowed me build it after we couldnt have KIDS. But some people don`t BELeive me
    But um in all seriousness wtf ?! Any and all credibility has probably been tossed baring some sort of explanation? Trust me bro you dont want to get herf dogged and win the lickman TROPHY.
  • VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    bigfnsteve:
    I got a walk in with PRICE TAGS n stuff still on the BOXES DOES that count? My ex WIFE ALLowed me build it after we couldnt have KIDS. But some people don`t BELeive me
    But um in all seriousness wtf ?! Any and all credibility has probably been tossed baring some sort of explanation? Trust me bro you dont want to get herf dogged and win the lickman TROPHY.
    LMFO LOL LMFAO. The best part is thats going over so many heads right now.

That gives me an idea.
  • dsaylesdsayles Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 123
    My bad let me clarify..... I was asking because I would love to open one someday and was wondering if anyone with experience could guide in the right direction to prepare if it became feasible one day. No other intentions behind the question. I apologize if I crossed any lines please let me know.
    Rain:
    redlandscigar:
    Very sublte..
    In no way am I associated with the Redlands nor do I know them.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    dsayles:
    Rain:
    redlandscigar:
    We just opened one a week ago in badlands ND at 732 wylie. Please come see us.
    Very sublte..
    In no way am I associated with the Badlands nor do I know them.
    Your good, Yea i have considered doing the same, not sure what type of business plan i would need to propose to investors, how much start up capital one would need, overhead, markup,, what type of relationhips need to be established with manufacturers/blenders all very interesting stuff
    The Kid:
    dsayles:
    Rain:
    redlandscigar:
    We just opened one a week ago in badlands ND at 732 wylie. Please come see us.
    Very sublte..
    In no way am I associated with the Badlands nor do I know them.
    Your good, Yea i have considered doing the same, not sure what type of business plan i would need to propose to investors, how much start up capital one would need, overhead, markup,, what type of relationhips need to be established with manufacturers/blenders all very interesting stuff
    That's was pretty much the questions I had. I just want an awesome place where I can work, socialize, and smoke cigars until my heart is content with people with the same passion.
    I was joking with a touch of seriousness. No worries bro. It wasnt my intent to put you on blast. The whole thing looked very glickish. Im one who should apologize.
    bigfnsteve:
    I was joking with a touch of seriousness. No worries bro. It wasnt my intent to put you on blast. The whole thing looked very glickish. Im one who should apologize.
    No need I'm a big boy I can take it!
    dsayles:
    bigfnsteve:
    one question do you like the SF Giants?
    The Kid:
    dsayles:
    bigfnsteve:
    Not at all!!!
    dsayles:
    The Kid:
    dsayles:
    bigfnsteve:
    Not at all!!!
    Best thing Ive heard all day! Eat it rudy!
    dsayles:
    The Kid:
    dsayles:
    bigfnsteve:
    Not at all!!!
    hmmm,I see,,, you and Steve should get along just fine,,,,,,,,lmao
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    The Kid:
    dsayles:
    The Kid:
    dsayles:
    bigfnsteve:
    Not at all!!!
    so cal
    danielzreyes:
    The Kid:
    dsayles:
    The Kid:
    dsayles:
    bigfnsteve:
    Not at all!!!
    so cal
    murrieta .....right down the street from you
    I thought the posse was gone come snatch me up...lol
    bigfnsteve:
    A walk in would cool....if it does ever happen I want the first tour!
    Its a running joke based off of a former member who um embellished a we bit.
    bigfnsteve:
    Its a running joke based off of a former member who um embellished a we bit.
    I guess we all have dreams....that brings a whole new meaning to fake it till you make it.
    This guy went as far as taking pics from a shops walk in and claimed it was his! Haha.
    Anyway enough about numbnuts. Welcome to the forum bro! Stick around and you`ll laugh til you cry.
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    This is interesting, would also, be interested in thoughts. Been thinking about this also, have been discussing,venture with friends. His uncle owns prime spot, perfect for small strip mall, with sports bar and cigar shop, but smoking laws are tough, trying to find loop holes for that, which has been challenging. Right now determining how to have shop and private smoking facility also. :-) :-) :-)
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    MVW67:
    This is interesting, would also, be interested in thoughts. Been thinking about this also, have been discussing,venture with friends. His uncle owns prime spot, perfect for small strip mall, with sports bar and cigar shop, but smoking laws are tough, trying to find loop holes for that, which has been challenging. Right now determining how to have shop and private smoking facility also. :-) :-) :-)
    man, if you do this roomie, I am going to spend a week there.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    redlandscigar:
    Yabbut... Isn't that in Riverside?

Guess I been away from the old stomping grounds too long.

Looked at your web site, but it appears top be just getting started.

• webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    MVW67:
    Retail is a tough way to make a living. The hours are nuts; then there's employees, theft, taxes, wastage, regs, inventory, how to find a manager you can trust, payroll every week... By the time you're done, I wonder how much time is left for the part you would enjoy. And with cigars, you always have to worry that just about the time you start to make it, some liberal Puritan is gonna pass a new law for your own good that puts you out of business. Specially in Kali, where looney do-gooders are so plentiful.

One of those things, I'd love to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.
  • raisindotraisindot Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 936
    webmost:
    Retail is a tough way to make a living. The hours are nuts; then there's employees, theft, taxes, wastage, regs, inventory, how to find a manager you can trust, payroll every week... By the time you're done, I wonder how much time is left for the part you would enjoy.

I wonder about that, too. The closest B&M to me is on a major state highway, and every time I go there (to buy stuff like Butane gas; never cigars) there's never any other customer in there. None. His prices can't compete with the Internet, and I'd rely more on people here than him for opinions and advice. If he sells a couple boxes of cigars and a bunch of overprices singles each day maybe he makes a net profit of, say $150 once the overhead is taken out?