Home General Discussion

Cigars and Whiskey

MattyCA88MattyCA88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2
I'm a huge Crown Royal man and I love cigars. Does anyone know what'd be a great pairing with the two?

Comments

• jthanatosjthanatos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,563
    First off, welcome to the forums.

As far as your question, I am guessing you mean the standard flagship Crown. I am not the best at pairing(also known as being terrible at pairing), but maybe an Oliva V. The cocoa would contrast with the heavy vanilla that Crown is known for, with the cinnamon complementing the subtle notes that exist through most of the Crown lines. Though really, it is a matter of drinking what you like and smoking what you like. There is a bunch of tasting notes and some pairing suggestions in this subforum to get you started.

Again, welcome. Hope you stick around.
  • MattyCA88MattyCA88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2
    Thank you! I greatly appreciate the input. Yes I love whiskey and a good smoke but never considered the two at the same time. The latest issue of cigar.com convinced me to try so I'm lookin for a lil head start. I'll check out that sub forum. Thanks again! BEARS (in case you were a Chicago fan seen the IL)
  • jthanatosjthanatos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,563
    MattyCA88:
    Thank you! I greatly appreciate the input. Yes I love whiskey and a good smoke but never considered the two at the same time. The latest issue of cigar.com convinced me to try so I'm lookin for a lil head start. I'll check out that sub forum. Thanks again! BEARS (in case you were a Chicago fan seen the IL)
    I am actually a Packer and Cardinal fan living in enemy territory. Also, if you really like Crown, give Spicebox a try, similar flavor profiles, similar prices, but I find Spicebox to be better/more flavorful than all but the new XR line of Crown.
  • prosspross Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    The one pairing I can count on with whiskey is handcuffs.

• reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    pross:
    The one pairing I can count on with whiskey is handcuffs.

lmao!! been there, done that!
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133