Home General Discussion

If you could buy one cigar....

gripnripgripnrip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
from Ccom which one would be your top choice? I'd like to get one for my son for Christmas (and one for myself lol) and have a long distance herf with him on that day, as we will not be able to be together. We are both big fans of Padron 1964 and 1926, but I'm looking to try something new. Thanks.

Comments

• marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    They may be over hyped to some, but I would go with one of the more rare Opus X. A special occasion such as this calls for a special occasion stick.
  • VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    Easy.... Davidoff Aniversario Series No.2. You can make it a yearly thing.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,563
    Camacho pre-embargo, maybe?
  • greg2648greg2648 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,422
    Ccom used to keep some of the rarer Opus in the "back room". If you talk to the beard, he can help you. They used to have several of the coffins for sale.....Just a thought......If not, I would recommend Diamond Crown.....Awesome....
  • greg2648greg2648 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,422
    One more thought.....If you are interestested, I could hook you up with a couple of pretty nice cigars......
  • mwebermweber Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 157
    Arturo Fuente Añejo. IMO
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    mweber:
    Arturo Fuente Añejo. IMO
    +1 I was thinking the same thing. Always good, always consistent, just a great stick. It's not the fanciest or most expensive, but I think you get more quality for the buck than other better cigars.
  • desertsmokedesertsmoke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 16
    If I was going to buy one cigar from Ccom right now, I'm pretty sure it would be the Oliva Master Blends I that's offered in the Luxury Collection. Great cigar that is almost impossible to find anymore. Also, if they have the My Father Limited Edition 2011 (not listed on the site, but may be available from a rep), that would be a natural choice to share with your son. Another fantastic cigar.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    Vision:
    Easy.... Davidoff Aniversario Series No.2. You can make it a yearly thing.

+1 to this. I just picked up a couple for my son and myself to share when he turns 18. By then they'll have four yrs on them. Excellent choice for such an occasion.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Personally I'd go with la aurora 100 anos. It's a beautiful cigar that won't break the bank and is somewhat limited. Opus and anejo's are made year after year...this is not. Plus I prefer to rest the opus and anejo's so if time is a fatctor then I would go with them unless you shell out for the aged ones
  • gripnripgripnrip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    greg2648:
    One more thought.....If you are interestested, I could hook you up with a couple of pretty nice cigars......
    PM to you sir.
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Personally I'd go with la aurora 100 anos. It's a beautiful cigar that won't break the bank and is somewhat limited. Opus and anejo's are made year after year...this is not. Plus I prefer to rest the opus and anejo's so if time is a fatctor then I would go with them unless you shell out for the aged ones
    Said the Spider to the fly.........
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    MVW67:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Said the Spider to the fly.........
    Hahahaaaa and you would be the spider!!!
  • gripnripgripnrip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    Thanks for all the great recommendations guys! Now all I need to do is make up my mind....hmmm-might have to give the Beard a shout tomorrow.