Home General Discussion

Lesson learned once again

Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
Well seeing a great deal on the "T" website I figured what's the worst that can happen?? So I pulled the trigger and a week and a half later I got my package. Well it was thrown in a box with barely any cushion and not bagged...needless to say by the time they got to me the were dried out and the wrappers cracked!! First off these were some very limited production sticks so wtf would make you just chuck them and ship?? Needless to say I will no longer be purchasing from them and would gladly pay double just to not give them buisness!!

Comments

• prosspross Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    I got their latest catalog today and as I started going through it, a little voice reminded me of all the bad experiences I have heard about. Into the trash it went.
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    Become wiser by the mistakes we make!!
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Good for you pross!!! And yes mike I think we have all made this mistake!!!! But crap how do places like this still exist?? Hasn't everyone just been turned off by them?? Why would you ever return??
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Good for you pross!!! And yes mike I think we have all made this mistake!!!! But crap how do places like this still exist?? Hasn't everyone just been turned off by them?? Why would you ever return??
    nope, enough other sites. Counting last night have have 20+ diiferent ones and not one of them T...LOL
  • nickiamnickiam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 603
    MVW67:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    nope, enough other sites. Counting last night have have 20+ diiferent ones and not one of them T...LOL

would you be willing to send me this list of yours kind sir.
    MVW67:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Lol I'm down to around 6 now but really just been liking the b&m's recently
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Is this only me who had great experience with Thompson cigar? I ordered from them many times and always received good service.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    I've had a couple of "decent" experiences with them. I got my first 40ct from them and they were thoughtful enough to put the samplers I ordered inside the humi. When I bought their good label house blend and complained, they sent me a free sampler to make up for it. Unfortunately, the house blend and sampler were just tossed I a box with no padding or humi-paks. No more orders from them...
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    It was long ago, and I never had a bad experience with them either... But, I found a home here and this is where I will stay.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    I had a couple instances where I would order a given sampler because it had certain cigars in them that I particularly wanted and when the sampler arrived the ones I wanted had been replaced with some I didn't really care for. The second time it happened I called and asked just what I had to do to get what I ordered. This time they sent the ones I hadn't received plus a couple freebies but I always had the feeling that 'bait and switch' was a regular occurrence with them.

I haven't ordered from them for quite some time, now, and have no plans to ever do so again.

• SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Before I discovered Cigar.com, I placed two orders with them. I was an idiot, because the first order sucked. Bought a sampler and the best cigars in the sampler were replaced with other cigars that I didn't want. Thought it might have been a fluke and ordered again. Next order was even worse. Then they call and try to get you to sign up for their club. Even tried tricking me into it. Swore I would never order from them again and never will. I wouldn't buy free cigars from them, to be honest.
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    rzaman:
    Is this only me who had great experience with Thompson cigar? I ordered from them many times and always received good service.
    Although I've never ordered from them myself, my father in law used to always order bundles of their house blend. He never had any complaints. I assume this is because he always ordered basically the same thing though.
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 771
    The one good thing I will say about T is hat because of them I found out about c.com. T was the first cigar company I knew of and out of no where I started getting c.com magazines. The bad experience I had with them is I made one purchase with and then they called me daily to join their stupid cigar club.. I answered one day and they would not take no for an answer. I will never buy anything from them ever again.
    rzaman:
    Wow rip you are a lucky one to have no complaints!! For me it's a craps shoot. I'd say I've dealt with them very little from being disappointed. It seems as if the people that package everything are very tempermental!! Personally I will never buy anything else from them as at least 50% of the time I end up sitting on hold for half a hour or just end up chucking half my order. I'm glad you have never had a bad one with them and I hope this stays true for you!!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i have never ordered from them. i do have many friends and family members that have. the thing that i have seen with them that bothers me the most is when you order one sampler and get another.

so you call up and get put on hold for 15 minutes only to be told that it "clearly states" in the catalog that if they run out of one cigar they can replace it with another.

well... then it isnt the sampler you ordered.

i have seen that more than once.

i would never do business with anyone as shady as that.