Home General Discussion

If YOU could construct a cigar.......

JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
What would it be?

The forum blend got me to thinking & this is what I came up with:

Wrapper : Equadorian sun-grown Habano, (same as the Tat L'At)

Binder: Dominican San Vincente, (same as the AVO 787)

Filler: San Andreas, Jalapa, & Equadorain Habano

Now, I know we've got some pretty fine tuned experts here, & I ibet it would be fun to play with this idea of building a really good cigar. Whaddaya think?

Comments

• JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    ...and I thought this would generate some buzz.....that's what I get for thinking again!
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    Give me time, Dave. I'm contemplating my "perfect" blend.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    JDH:
    What would it be?

The forum blend got me to thinking & this is what I came up with:

Wrapper : Equadorian sun-grown Habano, (same as the Tat L'At)

Binder: Dominican San Vincente, (same as the AVO 787)

Filler: San Andreas, Jalapa, & Equadorain Habano

Now, I know we've got some pretty fine tuned experts here, & I ibet it would be fun to play with this idea of building a really good cigar. Whaddaya think?
    I'd go for that. In fact, I'll bet we could find just that blend already made.

• Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Hmmmmm.... I love brazillian wrappers for a maduro; those are good for a binder too, I think, too add some sweetness. Maybe with a Dominican filler? I'd smoke that
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    I'm not sure what it would be.
    I know what I like but I may not know how to get to what I like. Id have to think about where my starting point would be and tweak from there. Blending is a difficult task.
  • *Petey**Petey* Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 375
    Cool thread.

But you know what? I keep trying to do this based on what I like and what information I can both from alex's posts and reviews of cigars I like, and I keep going in cirlces. So screw it, I give up on the details.

Even though I'm a DPG nut, my perfect cigar would be if Camacho tried to make their interpretation of the Avo Domaine. Not a reverse engineered version but if they took ownership of it and made the blend their own and changed it to their own tastes. A med/full bodied honduran/dominican sumatra wrapped masterpeice that would be good ROTT and even better in 5 years.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    I would have Henke blend it for me, using Robaina wrapper and whatever filler he wanted.