Home General Discussion

Secret Santa

mwebermweber Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 157
I want to do Secret Santa. When do we get details for 2012?

Comments

• TridentTrident Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,005
    see kuzi's post in trades
  • TridentTrident Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,005
  • mwebermweber Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 157
    Well, no 500 posts. Looks like I'm out.
  • pbchevopbchevo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 712
    mweber:
    pm kuzi talk to him and see whats up
    pbchevo:
    mweber:
    I think I'm going to pass. I'm in good trade standings, have people to vouch for me, but I just dont ever have time to make posts and get to know people. Looks like thats my resolution till 2013 is to become more involved. :)
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    mweber:
    pbchevo:
    mweber:
    I think I'm going to pass. I'm in good trade standings, have people to vouch for me, but I just dont ever have time to make posts and get to know people. Looks like thats my resolution till 2013 is to become more involved. :)
    you should be more involved. i encourage that.

also, since you are in good standing, you can set up a smaller version of it for the newer guys. I always encourage others to trade.

i hope you understand my reasoning on why i set it up thew way i did.

• RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    I'm trying to figure out the deal...if you joined after 7-2-2012 but have more then 500 posts. I understand people fluff to get to 25, 50 and even 100. But if you fluff 500+ posts...jeez. Always next year.
  • jadeltjadelt Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 766
    Rain:
    I'm trying to figure out the deal...if you joined after 7-2-2012 but have more then 500 posts. I understand people fluff to get to 25, 50 and even 100. But if you fluff 500+ posts...jeez. Always next year.
    Dont feel bad I dont qualify either...... maybe you can be my Santa?
    jadelt:
    Rain:
    Jim, what would your wife say?
    Rain:
    jadelt:
    Rain:
    Just be careful when you sit on my lap !!!!!
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Rain:
    I think the idea is that you have to be a contributing member (500+ posts) and be well established (4+ months). For the record, you are averaging about 500 posts a month. So going by a simple post count requirement would mean someone could hit that in as little as a month or even less. I really don't think the requirements are unreasonable at all. It is unfortunate that some people barely miss the cutoffs for different reasons, but they are there for a very good reason. Also, as Kuzi stated, there is absolutely no reason why anyone can't set up another similar Secret Santa type trade/pass. I wouldn't doubt if several people sign up for both. It is the time of the year to give, after all.
    SleevePlz:
    Rain:
    I think the idea is that you have to be a contributing member (500+ posts) and be well established (4+ months). For the record, you are averaging about 500 posts a month. So going by a simple post count requirement would mean someone could hit that in as little as a month or even less. I really don't think the requirements are unreasonable at all. It is unfortunate that some people barely miss the cutoffs for different reasons, but they are there for a very good reason. Also, as Kuzi stated, there is absolutely no reason why anyone can't set up another similar Secret Santa type trade/pass. I wouldn't doubt if several people sign up for both. It is the time of the year to give, after all.
    Kuzi's game, Kuzi's rules, I got no problems with it.
  • greg2648greg2648 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,422
    I back up Kuzi 100%.......
    greg2648:
    I have no problem with Kuzi's rules at all. I don't think anyone does. They make sense.
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    So is the bridge built on this topic?
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    jadelt:
    Rain:
    jadelt:
    Rain:
    Just be careful when you sit on my lap !!!!!
    You two can talk about the first thing that comes up,,,
    greg2648:
    I agree. The idea here is to get people that are involved to share/give. Good all around people that are strong in the community. Have fun guys! Cant wait to see some of the nasty bombs people get.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Im in the one for the "old guys" but if you "newbies" wanna do something similar shoot me a few PMs or list on here and I could be the go between to set it all up if you will. Ill post another thread in the Trades and Bombs to offer, if people want to thats cool----if not thats ok too, but figured someone could set it up for everyone and be in charge of names and such.