Home General Discussion

Tat L´Atelier

JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
Anyone had these? They're evidentially another high end premium from Pete Johnson aimed at the " impossible-to-get Cohiba Behike". Pete is a fantastic blender, for sure...just curious if anyone has burned any of these yet.

Comments

• JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    I havent but i think dustin did a review on one..
  • blurrblurr Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 962
    Yes dustin had a pretty positive review of them. I haven't tried them yet either, but you can find a few reviews online at different places.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    JDH:
    Anyone had these? They're evidentially another high end premium from Pete Johnson aimed at the " impossible-to-get Cohiba Behike". Pete is a fantastic blender, for sure...just curious if anyone has burned any of these yet.
    Let me know if you're looking to get a box. I'd be down for a split, maybe a 3-way split? Pretty sure the Shizza was wantin' to try these too.
    jgibv:
    JDH:
    Let me know if you're looking to get a box. I'd be down for a split, maybe a 3-way split? Pretty sure the Shizza was wantin' to try these too.
    i would be in for a split.. Dustins review made me want to try them
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,036
    Haven't had the L'Atalier yet, but the Surrogates BoneCrusher and SkullBreaker are both really good.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    If you're a fan of the Bone Crusher, L'Atelier may not be strong enough for you. I liked it and thought it was interesting enough but definitely a medium smoke at best. Don't expect a real kick in the gut from this one. Make it your first smoke of the day with your morning coffee or just after a light lunch in the afternoon and you've got a winner.
    Rob1110:
    If you're a fan of the Bone Crusher, L'Atelier may not be strong enough for you. I liked it and thought it was interesting enough but definitely a medium smoke at best. Don't expect a real kick in the gut from this one. Make it your first smoke of the day with your morning coffee or just after a light lunch in the afternoon and you've got a winner.
    Damn that sounds perfect for me...
    JHewey:
    jgibv:
    JDH:
    i would be in for a split.. Dustins review made me want to try them
    PM your way
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    A box split would be OK, but I'd like to wait till they get more sizes in stock.
    JDH:
    A box split would be OK, but I'd like to wait till they get more sizes in stock.
    PM to you....
    PM to you and JHewey
    JDH:
    PM to you and JHewey
    Another PM to you and JHewey
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i think i have one somewhere.
    ill review it some day.
    kuzi16:
    ill review it some day.
    Let me know when you review it.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    JDH:
    kuzi16:
    ill review it some day.
    Let me know when you review it.
    you know ill post it here. id never leave the BOTL here out of the loop of a good cigar.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    After reading Dustin's review I feel I must need these...
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Toombes:
    It really is an excellent cigar. Not very many cigars tell me to box buy them ASAP. This was one. I do believe full bodied smokers, AJ fans, and maduro fans may not like it as much as the finish is delicate. Fans of aged habanos will like it more IMO.
    catfishbluezz:
    Toombes:
    It really is an excellent cigar. Not very many cigars tell me to box buy them ASAP. This was one. I do believe full bodied smokers, AJ fans, and maduro fans may not like it as much as the finish is delicate. Fans of aged habanos will like it more IMO.
    Well, as soon as ccom gets stocked up on the robustos, I'll get some of these. Even though I'm a huge Oliva V and MOW fan, I find that I really enjoy the Tat Triunfador and AJ's Ave Maria an awful lot too. In fact, these days, I'm looking more for that complex medium bodied cigar instead of the full bodied powerhouse.

Have you had a Pinolero, and if so, what did you think? I've had some and like them - they aren't a powerhouse, and are the type of smoke you just described.
    JDH:
    catfishbluezz:
    Toombes:
    Well, as soon as ccom gets stocked up on the robustos, I'll get some of these. Even though I'm a huge Oliva V and MOW fan, I find that I really enjoy the Tat Triunfador and AJ's Ave Maria an awful lot too. In fact, these days, I'm looking more for that complex medium bodied cigar instead of the full bodied powerhouse.

Have you had a Pinolero, and if so, what did you think? I've had some and like them - they aren't a powerhouse, and are the type of smoke you just described.
    i have not based on suggestions from friends that know me. I'll add a single to an order coming up to try though. What intrigued me about te LAT was the wrapper. Very different profile from anything I've had. It's hard for me to spend $6+ on an NC when I know I can get a ISOM for $4-$5 that I love. The LAT is different for sure, and beat the monte 2 I had earlier in the day.
    catfishbluezz:
    JDH:
    catfishbluezz:
    Toombes:

i have not based on suggestions from friends that know me. I'll add a single to an order coming up to try though. What intrigued me about te LAT was the wrapper. Very different profile from anything I've had. It's hard for me to spend $6+ on an NC when I know I can get a ISOM for $4-$5 that I love. The LAT is different for sure, and beat the monte 2 I had earlier in the day.
    I'm trying to get my brain to register what I just read. You liked this TAT L'AT more than a C Monte #2? That's amazing. What's an ISOM?
    JDH:
    catfishbluezz:
    JDH:
    catfishbluezz:
    Toombes:

I'm trying to get my brain to register what I just read. You liked this TAT L'AT more than a C Monte #2? That's amazing. What's an ISOM?
    ISOM island south of Miami. Yes I did like it more, but that's just me and the monte was ROTT. ISOM change dramatically with age, but I cannot say I am a huge monte fan. The finish on my palette was very similiar, but the LAT had a unique quality to it and IMO a better finish, even though the monte would change with 5+. My collection is close to 70/30 CC/nc or DC. For now, this is one of the NC I really enjoy. I try and find NC/DC to keep my hands off young CC while they age. I do not run across non ISOM I'd box buy often, this is one along with cabaiguan and Avo no 2.
    catfishbluezz:
    JDH:
    catfishbluezz:
    JDH:
    catfishbluezz:
    Toombes:

ISOM island south of Miami. Yes I did like it more, but that's just me and the monte was ROTT. ISOM change dramatically with age, but I cannot say I am a huge monte fan. The finish on my palette was very similiar, but the LAT had a unique quality to it and IMO a better finish, even though the monte would change with 5+. My collection is close to 70/30 CC/nc or DC. For now, this is one of the NC I really enjoy. I try and find NC/DC to keep my hands off young CC while they age. I do not run across non ISOM I'd box buy often, this is one along with cabaiguan and Avo no 2.
    "ISOM island south of Miami." DUH PM to you.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    JDH:
    "impossible-to-get Cohiba Behike".
    Impossible, you say? I've seen quite a few lately
    Hays:
    JDH:
    "impossible-to-get Cohiba Behike".
    Impossible, you say? I've seen quite a few lately
    Good for you. I'm just quoting the marketing hype.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    JDH - you have a pm
    Back at you, my man.