Home General Discussion

What comes around.

0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
So a while back, the wife and I sent out a few grocery store (Safeway) gift cards for thanksgiving to a few families we know that are having a tough time of things.
Most of them had no idea where they came from. Or at least that is how we planned it.

Fast forward a couple weeks as I go into the cigar store. I was talking to the cigar store owner and he made a comment that a good friend's son, wife and kids were struggling, but somehow they received a gift card for a thanksgiving dinner.

As nonchalantly as I could, I replied, "that is great, I hope they have a wonderful dinner."
As I was paying for the 2 cigars I was getting, he tossed a bunch of cigars in the bag (Torano 1916s, my favorites) and said that is was a return on my gift. When I asked how he knew, he said that one of the tellers at the grocery store said how nice it was that we bought gift cards for some families and we're a small town, people talk.

Sometimes when you live in a small town, it's hard to get away with anything. LOL!

Funny thing is, I had a smile on my face all the way home.

Comments