Home Non Cigar Related

Petraeus?!

Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
The General has resigned as CIA head, over an affair. Didn't see that coming.

Comments

• VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    No matter the power or the moneyor the position----the wiener knows no boundries.
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    Personally I don't care who these guys are screwing as long as they don't screw the country.
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    He is a good man, regardless of his personal issues
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    JDH:
    Personally I don't care who these guys are screwing as long as they don't screw the country.
    yeah Obama hates the compettion
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    skweekz:
    JDH:
    Obama's having a affair, too? didn't see that either
    skweekz:
    JDH:
    Silly me. I thought this was a thread about General Petraeus, a man who has lived his life in such a way that any of us should aspire to his example. He is known as an honorable, dignified, straight arrow leader in every sense of the word "leader".

I don't know the details, and I really don't want to know the details either, but I hate to see another of our brightest and best skewered over a pit of puritanical coals because they had an affair. It's just a stupid waste of good people for no good reason. For cryin' out loud, the guy has been overseas for almost 10 years. Is he supposed to become a Monk? It's just one more idiotic waste.

And it has nothing whatsoever to do with President Obama.

• jthanatosjthanatos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,563
    JDH:
    skweekz:
    JDH:
    Silly me. I thought this was a thread about General Petraeus, a man who has lived his life in such a way that any of us should aspire to his example. He is known as an honorable, dignified, straight arrow leader in every sense of the word "leader".

I don't know the details, and I really don't want to know the details either, but I hate to see another of our brightest and best skewered over a pit of puritanical coals because they had an affair. It's just a stupid waste of good people for no good reason. For cryin' out loud, the guy has been overseas for almost 10 years. Is he supposed to become a Monk? It's just one more idiotic waste.

Just to play devil's advocate, your integrity is only as good as what you do when you think no one is looking.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    JDH:

ROTFLMFAO
    jthanatos:
    JDH:
    skweekz:
    JDH:

Just to play devil's advocate, your integrity is only as good as what you do when you think no one is looking.
    My dad told me that's what determines your character, but that's pretty close to your integrity. However, his affair does not diminish his leadership abilities, as far as I'm concerned.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    JDH:
    This might be the most perfect thing I've ever heard said. (or I could've had a few beers...but it's still damn good)
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    think he did a great job in his career.but i always thought his name sounded like a bad guy from g.i joe...