Home General Discussion

NYC Cigar Bar

HarleyHetzHarleyHetz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 24
Headed for NYC Turkey Day for the Macy's T-Day parade, my niece is marching in it. We are staying in the Mid Town area, Sheraton I believe on 52nd and 7th, is there a good place to go and smoke nearby? Anyone up for a meet and greet?

Comments

• Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    I work in NYC, up on Broadway and 116th. Not sure I'll be there when you are, but if I am it's not a long train ride. Don't know anywhere to go though...
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    Club Macanudo on 63rd and madison, De La Concha on 58th and 6th, Nat Sherman is somewhere near grand central. There are other B&Ms around as well.
  • HarleyHetzHarleyHetz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 24
    PsychoSJG:
    Club Macanudo on 63rd and madison, De La Concha on 58th and 6th, Nat Sherman is somewhere near grand central. There are other B&Ms around as well.
    De La Concha sounds like it'd be the closest. We will be headed up that way Monday before Thanksgiving, and have plans for Wed. evening, and of course Thur. headed back out on Fri. So, Tue. evening would be the only time I'd have available if anyone wants to stop by and burn a stick with me!! Psyco, is De La Concha a store, or a Cigar Bar?? (And thanks for the tip BTW)
    Tuesday might be the perfect day for me, I teach in the city and all I have is a TA meeting at noon until about 12:30. What time were you thinking?
    I'll pretty much be there all day. I know we want to get out and see the Statue of Liberty and Ground 0 if we can get to them and they are open. Last I heard neither were, but that could change for sure.
    HarleyHetz:
    I'll pretty much be there all day. I know we want to get out and see the Statue of Liberty and Ground 0 if we can get to them and they are open. Last I heard neither were, but that could change for sure.
    Most stuff that far south is still pretty f*cked up. Never know what might happen though!
    I'll PM you my mobile number. Give me a shout when you get done with work and we'll try to meet up down there and burn one and shoot the breeze awhile!!
    Sounds like a good plan.
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    HarleyHetz:
    PsychoSJG:
    De La Concha sounds like it'd be the closest. We will be headed up that way Monday before Thanksgiving, and have plans for Wed. evening, and of course Thur. headed back out on Fri. So, Tue. evening would be the only time I'd have available if anyone wants to stop by and burn a stick with me!! Psyco, is De La Concha a store, or a Cigar Bar?? (And thanks for the tip BTW)
    De La Concha is a store with a lounge. Club Mac is a cigar bar and restaurant. Deff worth looking into. It may be farther, but Manhatt is easy to get around.
  • gramercy@gmail.comgramercy@gmail.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1
    If you get a chance, check out Maraya cigar at 87 Orchard street. Roasting plant coffee is down the block and you can byo coffee for a cigar/coffee pairing. There are interesting tasting sessions and cut/light sessions there too.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Harley & Ken- I've heard some good things about Cigar Inn in Midtown East/Upper East Side - it's on my "places to visit" list the next time I'm out there.

I don't think it's too far from you, Harley - they have two locations - 2nd & 54th (1016 2nd Avenue) would be closest to you, pretty sure ......other store's at 1st & 71st (1314 1st Avenue)

(If you guys do make it over there, please let me know - they have a store-exclusive release that I'd like to get my hands on and would love it if we could work something out.)
    jgibv:
    Harley & Ken- I've heard some good things about Cigar Inn in Midtown East/Upper East Side - it's on my "places to visit" list the next time I'm out there.

I don't think it's too far from you, Harley - they have two locations - 2nd & 54th (1016 2nd Avenue) would be closest to you, pretty sure ......other store's at 1st & 71st (1314 1st Avenue)

(If you guys do make it over there, please let me know - they have a store-exclusive release that I'd like to get my hands on and would love it if we could work something out.)
    I'm good with this, but leaving the final choice up to Harley
    Ken Light:
    jgibv:

Maybe you guys should just try them all :-D
    jgibv:
    Ken Light:
    jgibv:

Hahahah, a smoking tour of NYC! Wish I had the time. Even if I don't get there with Harley, though, PM me what you're looking for 'cause I'll wander over and check it out sometime soon anyway.
    Ken Light:
    jgibv:
    Ken Light:
    jgibv:

Hahahah, a smoking tour of NYC! Wish I had the time. Even if I don't get there with Harley, though, PM me what you're looking for 'cause I'll wander over and check it out sometime soon anyway.
    PM incoming
    jgibv:

PM Sent.
    HarleyHetz:
    Headed for NYC Turkey Day for the Macy's T-Day parade, my niece is marching in it. We are staying in the Mid Town area, Sheraton I believe on 52nd and 7th, is there a good place to go and smoke nearby? Anyone up for a meet and greet?
    Bump, what time were you thinking? Anyone else want to join?
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Ken Light:
    HarleyHetz:
    Bump, what time were you thinking? Anyone else want to join?
    I would love to but I can't get away and I have to work Friday too.
  • mwebermweber Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 157
    Only one I have been to in NYC is down in Little Italy, above Florio's. From what I can remember, gotta get "permission" from Tony in the restaurant. Pretty cool spot tho. Next time I go to NYC I will be heading there again. Might be worth the subway/cab ride.