Home General Discussion

Squirrel's from the Treehouse....

2»

Comments

• FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    That rotary is nothing now that you can avoid it!
    5 years ago it was a nightmare, now its a peice of cake!
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    Yeah, I've been driving from Boston to Cape Code once a year for my entire life. I'll actually be there first two weeks of august. We usually go to Truro.
  • Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    You guys want to try on some bad traffic and morons? Come to California and drive on the 91. I've only seen 1 time in my 20 years where it didn't look like a solid mass of metal and idiocy. Heck, I went down to San Diego a month ago and it took me 45 mins to go 5 miles from La Jolla to Rosecranz near Sea World.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    Garen B:
    You guys want to try on some bad traffic and morons? Come to California and drive on the 91. I've only seen 1 time in my 20 years where it didn't look like a solid mass of metal and idiocy. Heck, I went down to San Diego a month ago and it took me 45 mins to go 5 miles from La Jolla to Rosecranz near Sea World.
    Yeah, I feel ya there. My grandmother lives in Huntington Beach, and was assistant editor of the LA Times. I went in to work with her twice, and said never again. Traffic is ridiculous out there, even with 5 lanes.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    I had a cohiba black this morning and enjoyed it. It wasn't the best thing but the aroma and flavor was pretty good.
    Garen B:
    yeah, when I hit traffic just entering LA, oh my GOD!!!!!! people drive nuts enough from san franando to LA on that 2 lane on I-5 but my heavens, you people are friggin nutS!!!!
    Yeah I need a new carrier, I have esurance, think I'm going shopping... lol. BTW I had a partagus black tubo this morning, been sitting in the dome for a good 8 months, tasted the same as the one I had from the shop. Not bad, though not as tasty as I remember, though I have a lot very tasty smokes under my belt now..
    had a few cigars over the last few days, nothing new though. I did have my first bad centurian though. I recently picked up a acer netbook, which I'm enjoying. Had to get a 2gig stick since it only came with 1gb. Runs pretty good, had to wipe the drive and do a fresh install then installed windows 7, which I think is a very good OS. I enjoy vista ultimate but the little netbook won't run it, but 7 runs great. I think they did a great job of re-designing the interface.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    phobicsquirrel:
    I recently picked up a acer netbook, which I'm enjoying. Had to get a 2gig stick since it only came with 1gb.
    if you dont minid me asking... how much was this set up? ive been thinking about a similar set up. (my B&M got a wireless! )
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    phobicsquirrel:
    had a few cigars over the last few days, nothing new though. I did have my first bad centurian though. I recently picked up a acer netbook, which I'm enjoying. Had to get a 2gig stick since it only came with 1gb. Runs pretty good, had to wipe the drive and do a fresh install then installed windows 7, which I think is a very good OS. I enjoy vista ultimate but the little netbook won't run it, but 7 runs great. I think they did a great job of re-designing the interface.
    I set up windows 7 under a VM in Hyper V but I haven't touched it since. Just like I haven't touched my Exchange 2007 VM. I get into it and then leave it alone. Since I won't be going to Windows 7 at work anytime soon I don't see the rush to learn it. I think I am going to concentrate in CISSP but I have to get my butt in gear. I've been lazy recently about studying for certs.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    kuzi16:
    phobicsquirrel:
    I recently picked up a acer netbook, which I'm enjoying. Had to get a 2gig stick since it only came with 1gb.
    if you dont minid me asking... how much was this set up? ive been thinking about a similar set up. (my B&M got a wireless! )
    My friend got in to his acer netbook for just over $200, but that was without the wireless service. But I'm sure the market is pretty competitive for pricing.
    kuzi16:
    phobicsquirrel:
    I got mine from newegg for 319, no wireless N or blue tooth, it's the acer one. There's a msi that comes with those 2 features and a 1..66 mhz processor (instead of the 2.6) but that's more money. I recommend getting a 2 gig stick of ram from corsair (23 bucks) and put it in the netbook, they come with only 1gig. I think it works rather well, it runs windows 7 very well almost better than the crappy xp home it came with. I like the look of the acer one much more than the msi, and the price was right. It also has a 6 hour battery that is pretty good. My buddy has the msi and got the 9cell batter for it, it lasts longer but it has 3 more cells! So those are about the best netbooks out there in the price range. I wouldn't get anything under 10.1 though, unless you want to scroll to view web pages. One of the coolest things is that the thing is small, and pretty damn fast for just using it for the web, computer diagnostics and office documents. It has no graphics card so it uses the on board for it. There are others that are slightly bigger that have a card, but it all comes down to what you want and how much you want to pay for. For me and my business it's a great portable computer. For load testing, I ran about 8 torrent downloads and surfed the web and it performed rather well, though when I have mcafee updating it makes things a little buggy. It has good playback of video too. I'm happy with it, but I will tell you that after tweaking the settings and stuff, it runs smoother with win7 than xp.
    There is suppose to be dual core netbooks coming out end of this yearish..
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    phobicsquirrel:
    ... did someone say dual core... my nerd senses are tingling... soon we aren't going to need cell phones with all these netbooks getting so efficient, very reasonably priced with really convenient sizes
    nightmaremike31:
    phobicsquirrel:
    ... did someone say dual core... my nerd senses are tingling... soon we aren't going to need cell phones with all these netbooks getting so efficient, very reasonably priced with really convenient sizes
    cell phones are so yesterday.... lol