Home General Discussion

A big thanks to Dustin

rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
Dustin was very kind to send me a Ezra Zion Inception as a part of the new release collection. I believe that our cigar tastes quite the same. We both love aged Cuban and also many non- Cubans. he has been talking about the Ezra Zion for a while and finally send me one stick for my review. Last night I was able to smoke it and it crapped my head off with its unique Nicaraguan flavors and aroma. I do not hesitate to say that this is one of the top five 2012 release. Now, I need Dustin to help me to find some more-:) A big thanks to you Dustin for helping me to discover a great new smoke. I always become very excited to discover unique smoke from any cigar producing country. Though the cigar did not perform in its optimum level at final third but it was a wonderful smoking journey. Please smoke one whenever you have a chance. I am really dying to smoke more of this cigar but I don't have any in my collection.

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    My shop has plenty Rip, and a new one is coming out in December. I should be getting my hands on the prerelease next week, it's called the Reagan lol. My guess is the Inception, the one I sent, will age extremely well. Glad you liked the stick man.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Dustin??? yeah, he's a pretty cool cat :)
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Yes, the new one with golden band is coming end of the this year. The wrapper will be a 2006 sun grown Habano 2000. I love Nicaraguan Habano wrapper. I will need to make some arrangement with you about both the Regan and Inception.

I reviewed it last night. Please read and let me know your take on it. I would also like to read your review on Inception.

Again, thanks Dustin!!!
    catfishbluezz:
    My shop has plenty Rip, and a new one is coming out in December. I should be getting my hands on the prerelease next week, it's called the Reagan lol. My guess is the Inception, the one I sent, will age extremely well. Glad you liked the stick man.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    I noticed you mentioned that this cigar is $20. Is that price tag from here in CA from when Dustin purchased it? What I mean is, can this cigar be had for a lot less outside of CA?
    I don't know about CA tobacco tax so I cannot comment on that, Dustin? In NY the tobacco tax is almost 75%. The problem is you can not buy this cigar online. I believe the regular price is $15 then ++ depends on the state tax.
    danielzreyes:
    I noticed you mentioned that this cigar is $20. Is that price tag from here in CA from when Dustin purchased it? What I mean is, can this cigar be had for a lot less outside of CA?
    danielzreyes:
    They range from $15-$20 depending where you go. There are only 60+ dealers nationwide and a handful in CA. They are not supposed to be sold online at all at the owner's request, to keep it in shops and they want to keep it small.
    rzaman:
    I don't know about CA tobacco tax so I cannot comment on that, Dustin? In NY the tobacco tax is almost 75%. The problem is you can not buy this cigar online. I believe the regular price is $15 then ++ depends on the state tax.
    danielzreyes:
    It does vary, and CA is high. I can talk to the owner of the shop though for you and get a deal on a box for sure, he always takes care of me. Typically it is higher then online, just as there is really no way to meet those prices for B&M owners. To my knowledge, the state immediately adds 41.1% on to the retail price of the cigar, and the profit margins on most are closer to 30% unless you are dealing with the Gurkha and many other brands that have really high margins; hence, every cigarette shop pushes them. I'll try the Reagan here soon and give you my thoughts on it.
    It would be nice if the owner can offer half box of Inception and half box of Regan. I am willing to take the risk of Regan without even smoking the cigar. I think the boxed pressed shapes are the best. They have been working with Dion, Farak and Manuel Quesada and cannot go wrong with Regan. I am already impressed with the blend profile with 2006 filler. It gives me a good imagination.
    catfishbluezz:
    rzaman:
    danielzreyes:
    It does vary, and CA is high. I can talk to the owner of the shop though for you and get a deal on a box for sure, he always takes care of me. Typically it is higher then online, just as there is really no way to meet those prices for B&M owners. To my knowledge, the state immediately adds 41.1% on to the retail price of the cigar, and the profit margins on most are closer to 30% unless you are dealing with the Gurkha and many other brands that have really high margins; hence, every cigarette shop pushes them. I'll try the Reagan here soon and give you my thoughts on it.
    rzaman:
    It would be nice if the owner can offer half box of Inception and half box of Regan. I am willing to take the risk of Regan without even smoking the cigar. I think the boxed pressed shapes are the best. They have been working with Dion, Farak and Manuel Quesada and cannot go wrong with Regan. I am already impressed with the blend profile with 2006 filler. It gives me a good imagination.
    catfishbluezz:
    rzaman:
    danielzreyes:
    thats easy rip, he's going to call me when they come in and I'll see what he says