Home General Discussion

I met the guy Gurkha is made for

GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
I was on an airplane and there was this loud 300 pound guy with a massive showy watch who decided to talk to his neighbor about cigars and the entire time he was bragging about how he spends so much money on cigars and is willing to drop 600 bucks on a box. Then the guy next to him asked what his fav was and low and behold it was a Gurkha! He went on to talk about how they are one of the most expensive cigars but also one of the best and listed off all of his favs.

I know some guys here like specific gurkhas which is great, but I had never thought that whole MSRP thing would actually work.

Comments

• jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Goldy, who are you? LMAO howdy stranger. I like the Gurkha but not the retail. Only buy them on sale.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    They got a lot of blends I love. But yeah the suggested retail is kinda insane. Can't believe their are those who pay it.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Goldy:
    I was on an airplane and there was this loud 300 pound guy with a massive showy watch who decided to talk to his neighbor about cigars and the entire time he was bragging about how he spends so much money on cigars and is willing to drop 600 bucks on a box. Then the guy next to him asked what his fav was and low and behold it was a Gurkha! He went on to talk about how they are one of the most expensive cigars but also one of the best and listed off all of his favs.

I know some guys here like specific gurkhas which is great, but I had never thought that whole MSRP thing would actually work.
    I SMOKE PREMEPREMPRIM'S BRO
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    jsnake:
    Goldy, who are you? LMAO howdy stranger. I like the Gurkha but not the retail. Only buy them on sale.
    I'm currently in Newfoundland which is my first 30 min time zone (kinda cool). Hoping to head home in a couple weeks.

• zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    This is what I've learned in the 10 years I've been in business...

The person who says they make a million dollars a year are the ones in debt and owe ppl money. The guy who says he buys boxes for $600 just to say he did has never purchased a $600 box in his life and never will. He's too cheap for that...
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Hhhhhmmmmmm I've had one gurhka so far I thought was ok and that was the centurian. But I would never pay more then $6 for it...plus I let some rest for a year and well there was nothing. That being said yeah there are a lot of idiots out there and fortunately or unfortunately they will just never know!! And yes people think the more they spend it must be good!! I am a person that firmly believes you get what you pay for! But unfortunately that is not always true... But good for him!! He's got money and no taste lol
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Hhhhhmmmmmm I've had one gurhka so far I thought was ok and that was the centurian. But I would never pay more then $6 for it...plus I let some rest for a year and well there was nothing. That being said yeah there are a lot of idiots out there and fortunately or unfortunately they will just never know!! And yes people think the more they spend it must be good!! I am a person that firmly believes you get what you pay for! But unfortunately that is not always true... But good for him!! He's got money and no taste lol
    Actually, that is one Gurkha that I do really enjoy but like you I wouldn't spend much on it and for sure nowhere near the MSRP price.
  • mwebermweber Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 157
    Goldy:

Thats great! Instantly when I was reading this and I saw $600 and Gurkha in the same sentence, I thought he was talking about HMR. Clearly not though. I guess to some people that sounds "cool" but to cigar people that know the "ropes" he just talks like a person with a paper @$$hole.