Home Non Cigar Related

HDTV

2»

Comments

• bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    Lasabar:
    Bad time to mention I work at Best Buy???
    Unless you can make some magic happen.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    lassy! your back, good to have ya back! long time. I saw the 55 samsung led tv 8000 over the weekend, wow, I'm in love. What a gem!
    Lasabar:
    Bad time to mention I work at Best Buy???
    I worked there too at one time. Though I have known a few people who knew how to really do their job and or knew the truth about products (tv's, computers, stereos..) most of them left or moved on to other jobs. I'm not saying anything about you or anything, but from what I can remember they as a company do not do a good job of putting people in the right jobs, and or training. But the same could be said for most companies in the service industry.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    No offense taken guys... I know that if I've ever jerked you guys around I could easily take care of the situation through cigars!

Seriously though, I have seen major differences in different Best Buy's around the country... if there are any major concerns or policies that need to be clarified, or if you feel like some douche bag kid is telling you the wrong info, just PM me and I can see what I can do...

Or, if you are even in Wisconsin come see me and I can get you the lowest price around!!! (I'm A Sales Manager)

and HOLY COW YES!!! The Sammy 8000 is like liquid sex solidified and then made into a TV!
  • jlzimmermanjlzimmerman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 282
    I brought my 50" Samsung 1080p LED DLP last year for $999. It is awesome, and since I didn't need a flat panel, it would have been insane to not buy it.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    I'm sorry to hear you had a problem, but it should be noted that it's a different company that manages the credit cards (HSBC).
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    jlzimmerman:
    I brought my 50" Samsung 1080p LED DLP last year for $999. It is awesome, and since I didn't need a flat panel, it would have been insane to not buy it.
    Brother, I got the 67" LED DLP last year for $1850. I love the TV.
    that's a big sucka
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    zoom6zoom:
    I'm sorry to hear you had a problem, but it should be noted that it's a different company that manages the credit cards (HSBC).
    Plus, now we have a new bank CHASE to approve our credit and we now accept re-issued Circuit City cards too
    yah, chase is reliable....
  • bibbybibby Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 152
    cholmes8310:
    Just bought a 37" Vizio Eco 1080p LCD and love it.  Great picture, great sound.  It is only a 60hz, but you don't tend to notice as much motion blur during sports or action movies on a screen this size.  It's as big as I could fit in the built-in entertainment center in my living room.  In my bedroom, I have a Samsung 55" DLP 1080p.  That picture is AWESOME!  The Vizio is very close as far as quality of picture goes though, and I only paid 640 for it, with a two year coverage plan. 
    Did you like it Cholmes; currently looking at the non-eco version for $577 at Sam's Club and the Eco version for $597 at walmart. I am guessing the only difference is the energy ratings, but maybe I'm wrong. Do you love it, middle of the road, or wish you had went a different route? I will also be using this product for my living room entertainment system. Let me know when you get a chance, thanks. ~Rob
    Cholmes, PM sent.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    Bibby:
    cholmes8310:
    Just bought a 37" Vizio Eco 1080p LCD and love it.  Great picture, great sound.  It is only a 60hz, but you don't tend to notice as much motion blur during sports or action movies on a screen this size.  It's as big as I could fit in the built-in entertainment center in my living room.  In my bedroom, I have a Samsung 55" DLP 1080p.  That picture is AWESOME!  The Vizio is very close as far as quality of picture goes though, and I only paid 640 for it, with a two year coverage plan. 
    Did you like it Cholmes; currently looking at the non-eco version for $577 at Sam's Club and the Eco version for $597 at walmart. I am guessing the only difference is the energy ratings, but maybe I'm wrong. Do you love it, middle of the road, or wish you had went a different route? I will also be using this product for my living room entertainment system. Let me know when you get a chance, thanks. ~Rob
    Yeah, it has a really good picture and sound. Being a smaller size, I cannot notice any blurring during action or sports. I can notice those things on my 55" 60hz.

Overall, I really like it, especially for that price. And I do believe the only diff is the energy rating as you said. If running it off a cable hi-def box that only supports 1080i, it can take a little while to set up to get the picture centered, etc. But after about 20 minutes of playing with it, I haven't had any problems.
    Thanks Cholmes, I will let you know which one I pull the trigger on. ~ Rob
    I actuallly ended up going with a Slyvania 37" 720P; I know I would have rather got a 1080P but the customer service at Sam's club pissed me off so bad I went to Target. God that hurt, but had to do it. Got it for $460 plus $30 for the service plan. No complaints and I don't have blue ray so I would have never used 1080.

Rob
    cholmes8310:
    Bibby:
    cholmes8310:
    Yeah, it has a really good picture and sound. Being a smaller size, I cannot notice any blurring during action or sports. I can notice those things on my 55" 60hz.

Overall, I really like it, especially for that price. And I do believe the only diff is the energy rating as you said. If running it off a cable hi-def box that only supports 1080i, it can take a little while to set up to get the picture centered, etc. But after about 20 minutes of playing with it, I haven't had any problems.
    Does your tv have 2 or 4 picture settings? I ran into a vizo that only had a wide and zoom setting, and when using the hdmi it distorted the picture. I had a customer that argued with me that it wasn't the tv, then after reading the specs on the tv from the web page still thought I was misleading him. Normally zoom wouldn't be bad, it just stretches the 4:3 feeds which for some reason a lot of people like anyway.