Home Non Cigar Related

Winning!

2»

Comments

• JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    marineatbn03:
    Thanks guys.This is true, the floors all have to be replaced, and the commandant wants tile. So my next R&R will be spent laying tile, painting, and all that stuff to get it ready to be moved into in March or April.
    This will become an SOP. I don't know how many "vacation" days I've spent working on some damned house, but let's just say that you might want to get used to it.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    Sorry to hear about the house, James. Good luck with the hunt, brother.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    marineatbn03:
    Well, the inspection revealed that a new roof had to be put on, one room has moisture in it and the flooring is damaged, the A/C system needs replaced, and some electrical issues as well. So, we had to turn the property down because it was going to cost far more than what the house was worth. The search goes on, again.
    That sucks bro! I feel your pain, wife and I were in the same situation about a year and a half ago - inspector found all sorts of problems and seller didn't want to fix it or drop price so we could do repairs. Needless to say we turned that down.

You gotta look at the bright side though - at least you had a good inspector who was able to ID all these issues and you didn't get yourself in over your head.
    Buyers are still in the driver's seat though --- and our realtor & banker tell us rates won't be going up any time soon. Good luck with the continued search brother - and keep us updated, especially when you get a new addy :-D bwahahaha
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Thanks guys, since we cancelled the contract they put it back up for bid, so I think we are going to re-submit for almost 10k lower to cover the cost of the repairs. Don't think they will accept it so we just have to keep looking in the mean time. Pross, the boat funds are a priority. But I have to learn how to manuever that big beast first, lol.
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    marineatbn03:
    The wife just informed me that our offer on a house was accepted. This will be our first co-owned home together!!
    wait you're married? DANGIT! I always miss out. I ALWAYS MISS OUT
    jliu:
    marineatbn03:
    The wife just informed me that our offer on a house was accepted. This will be our first co-owned home together!!
    There is always room in my heart for you Jiunny Jam, but your roomie is possessive
    marineatbn03:
    jliu:
    marineatbn03:
    There is always room in my heart for you Jiunny Jam, but your roomie is possessive
    aww
    he asked why I was vacuuming so late last night w/ my door closed and locked. I told him many do that and he is the loser that doesn't
    jliu:
    marineatbn03:
    jliu:
    marineatbn03:
    aww
    he asked why I was vacuuming so late last night w/ my door closed and locked. I told him many do that and he is the loser that doesn't
    You mean people DON'T do that?
    marineatbn03:
    jliu:
    marineatbn03:
    jliu:
    marineatbn03:
    aww
    You mean people DON'T do that?
    what is going on. skeet skeet skeet
  • WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    Lol^. I'm just now seeing this. Sorry to hear it bro. I'll keep my fingers crossed they accept the new offer or you two find something better. Upside, I think I may have convinced T.j. To seriously consider moving down that way as well :)
    WhoDeyGal:
    Lol^. I'm just now seeing this. Sorry to hear it bro. I'll keep my fingers crossed they accept the new offer or you two find something better. Upside, I think I may have convinced T.j. To seriously consider moving down that way as well :)
    They countered us today so we will see. As far as moving, it would be awesome!
    We won it again, same house, just a lower price
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    marineatbn03:
    NOICE!!!!!!!
    Congrats bro.
  • WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    marineatbn03:
    Very happy for you!