Home General Discussion

How Many?

2»

Comments

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    cholmes8310:
    cabinetmaker:
    6-8 per day, sometimes more... I'm self-employed, and I always keep a cigar lit in the shop. I smoke the cheap 50 bundle cigars in the shop, but I sometimes sneak over to the local cigar shop at lunch and buy a couple RyJ reserve maduros for an after lunch smoke.
    Finally, another RyJ smoker... I thought I was the only one for a while.

I'm about to order a few boxes of them, I'm getting really tired of the local prices, hehe.. I like the 1875 cedaro deluxe #1 too, and the viejos
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    cabinetmaker:
    cholmes8310:
    cabinetmaker:
    6-8 per day, sometimes more... I'm self-employed, and I always keep a cigar lit in the shop. I smoke the cheap 50 bundle cigars in the shop, but I sometimes sneak over to the local cigar shop at lunch and buy a couple RyJ reserve maduros for an after lunch smoke.

I'm about to order a few boxes of them, I'm getting really tired of the local prices, hehe.. I like the 1875 cedaro deluxe #1 too, and the viejos
    i always smoke the Reserva Real, but i like the Habano Reserve also. The Viejo has been on my list to try, but I haven't found a B&M around here that carries them, and I generally don't order singles online. Guess I'll just have to give Alex's guys a call and order some singles.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    cholmes8310:
    cabinetmaker:
    cholmes8310:
    cabinetmaker:

i always smoke the Reserva Real, but i like the Habano Reserve also. The Viejo has been on my list to try, but I haven't found a B&M around here that carries them, and I generally don't order singles online. Guess I'll just have to give Alex's guys a call and order some singles.

The Viejo is my fav RyJ but I also really enjoy the Reserve as well ...
  • Big DeanBig Dean Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 120
    In the winter, I smoke maybe 2 a month. Spring and Fall about 2 a week. Summer is like 3-4 a week.
  • WafflebobWafflebob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 118
    Due to a light wallet I keep it pretty light, 1-2 a week, sometimes less. I've been smoking my pipes a lot more as they are so much cheaper.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    pipes are a different ball game. i cant get into them as much. maybe when i get older and have more patience to fuss with them.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    I really enjoyed the pipe at first but once its initial appeal wore off I haven't smoked it much.
  • WafflebobWafflebob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 118
    kuzi16:
    pipes are a different ball game. i cant get into them as much. maybe when i get older and have more patience to fuss with them.
    I much prefer smoking cigars. The flavor is a lot better and much more complex. The thing I like about pipes is mostly the cost ratio. I can go to the tobacconists and spend $10 on a tin of pipe tobacco that will last a good 20-25 smokes, whereas for the same price I can only get 1 or 2 cigars. It's still a slow smoke and still flavorful and not something smoked just for the "fix"
  • FairwindFairwind Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 41

I was like Cabinetmaker at one time - 6+ per day 6 days a week. Solo employee in a big warehouse. I smoked the Blue lable bundles also. 100+ per month. Then I had to change jobs and so now just 1 per day. But now I smoke a lil better quality stick. So now unless I'm at a Dog Show - 6 to 10 per week.

Dan

• SmokeRingSmokeRing Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 61
    Sometimes I'll go through a phase where I smoke one a day. But most of the time it's 2 or 3 a week.
  • blustar4lifeblustar4life Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 36
    I am at around 4-5 week now that the weather is getting nice.
  • smbrinksmbrink Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    I usually try to fit in about 3-4 a week. If it dips below that I tend to get a bit cranky, and with mother nature being a mother ****er for the past couple of days and the next 2 weeks here on Cape Cod Im not gonna be a happy camper.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    I've recently joined the cripple race with a vehicular collision, so I'm at about one a day. I've prescribed it for myself. And I must say, it definately takes the edge off the pain.
  • Doughty421Doughty421 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 39
    1-2 a week mostly on the weekend after everthing is done work wise and around the house. Then it's my time!
  • robert69165robert69165 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 219
    Lets see, 3 a day for 7 days I would say anywhere from 15-21 aweek.
  • forgetfulrobotforgetfulrobot Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 40
    Normally id have one during the day either before or after mission and another at night. Unfortunately spring is in full force here so if the suns up chances are its around 115-120 and i can almost watch a cigar go from perfect to bone dry. So I'm pretty much limited to one a night.