Home Non Cigar Related

Sazerac Antique Collection Whiskey

MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
I know put out by Buffalo Trace Company, any thoughts on these, Ryes and Bourbons?

Comments

• jthanatosjthanatos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,563
    The Buffalo Trace antique collection is always quite good. I really loved the Sazerac 18 and the Stagg from last year. But all told, I would snap them all up if the chance presented itself.

Edit: Here is a good review of last years bottling
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    jthanatos:
    The Buffalo Trace antique collection is always quite good. I really loved the Sazerac 18 and the Stagg from last year. But all told, I would snap them all up if the chance presented itself.
    All five? Heard Thomas Handy was great too?
    MVW67:
    jthanatos:
    I have personally had all but the Eagle Rare. I don't like the Weller as much as some other people do, just sits funny on my palate I guess. It is weird, one of those things that you are like, "yeah, this is a good whisky/cigar/beer, but not one I would choose to drink" The Handy was good, but if I only could get 1 bottle it would the the Saz 18. Hands down best rye I have ever had, every year I have had it.
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    jthanatos:
    MVW67:
    jthanatos:
    I have personally had all but the Eagle Rare. I don't like the Weller as much as some other people do, just sits funny on my palate I guess. It is weird, one of those things that you are like, "yeah, this is a good whisky/cigar/beer, but not one I would choose to drink" The Handy was good, but if I only could get 1 bottle it would the the Saz 18. Hands down best rye I have ever had, every year I have had it.
    I agree. A big thumbs up on the Sazerac 18. The Eagle Rare is my favorite Buffalo Trace bourbon, but then I rarely go for the higher dollar bottles.
    jthanatos:
    MVW67:
    jthanatos:
    Think I can get all 5 $75 per bottle.
    MVW67:
    jthanatos:
    MVW67:
    jthanatos:
    Think I can get all 5 $75 per bottle.
    That is a great buy. I haven't checked MSRP this year, but last was $70. If I wasn't spending freezing myself for my upcoming vacation, I would be hunting bottles right now.
    Have till am to decide....... you can just rock me to sleep tonight! LOL
    jthanatos:
    oh the peer pressure! LOL
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Don't know anything about it. So, I say do it so I can make a trip to Beloit and try it!
    So... did you buy it? I am going to WI this weekend and need to know if I need to swing through Beloit for some burglary.
    Yes got the 18, and eagle rare. Still debating on others