Home General Discussion

COTM: newsletter and cigars don't match?

MaduroScottMaduroScott Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 53
I received my COTM shipment yesterday and for the first time ever the cigars don't exactly match the newsletter that comes with them. Did anybody else experience this problem?

Comments

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I didn't pay that close attention. What did you get? Maybe they threw in the wrong news letter.
  • brsmith21brsmith21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 207
    Now that you mention it, the sizes were off, though the labels were correct.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Ive been thinking of joining the COTM, as I belong to another one now and it is quite lackluster to be honest. Can anyone fill me in as to what an average month is like???Maybe what the last few have been? Thanks alot in advance.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    THe first month of the COTMC is 5 high end Gurkha's then the following month will pick up with what everyone else is getting. When I had the COTMC I was generally satisfied with the value of the sticks. The only reason I stop receiving it was because I had developed enough to know what I liked and was getting sticks that I knew weren't my cup of tea. For someone new or someone looking to expand their horizons I believe the COTMC is excellent but for someone who knows their tastes you'll likely be a little dissappointed.
  • mustluvcigarsmustluvcigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 686
    yes the sizes are off, and yes it seems to happen at least ever other month with me, never really gave it much thought till now, not a big deal to me me, as a matter of fact, I enjoy getting my COTM packages, and that 10% off comes in handy, especially on deals like todays:) thanks CCOM.
    mustluvcigars:
    yes the sizes are off, and yes it seems to happen at least ever other month with me, never really gave it much thought till now, not a big deal to me me, as a matter of fact, I enjoy getting my COTM packages, and that 10% off comes in handy, especially on deals like todays:) thanks CCOM.
    You mean the daily deal? When I add it to my cart, it shows the regular price, whereas the other stuff shows the 10% off.
    brsmith21:
    mustluvcigars:
    You mean the daily deal? When I add it to my cart, it shows the regular price, whereas the other stuff shows the 10% off.
    DOH! Nevermind, it's working for me too. Must have been operator error!
    mustluvcigars:
    My sizes are off too. I think maybe 1 or 2 are correct. The rest are wrong.
  • MaduroScottMaduroScott Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 53
    Good to know it wasn't just me. At least two of mine were the wrong size.
  • mattshellmattshell Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 34
    Nope, wrong for me too!
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    me three...right cigars, wrong sizes. It's an outrage, I say. Alex, if you're reading, there's a simple solution...take me to Nicaragua next time.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Luko:
    me three...right cigars, wrong sizes. It's an outrage, I say. Alex, if you're reading, there's a simple solution...take me to Nicaragua next time.

I'll go along as your interpreter Luko ... I'm quite fluent in Nicaraguaese...;)
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    gmill880:
    Luko:

I'll go along as your interpreter Luko ... I'm quite fluent in Nicaraguaese...;)
    Oh, we definitely need you there...you obviously know so much about the country...I didn't even know that Nicaraguaese was the official language. I thought it was Nicarauglish.
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    You guys are going to need a guide to the... uh... psychology of the Nicaraguan people. In order to get better deals, and stuff. So you should take me.
    You guys will need me as a body guard. So, I guess I'll just have to come along too.
    Luko:
    gmill880:
    Luko:

Oh, we definitely need you there...you obviously know so much about the country...I didn't even know that Nicaraguaese was the official language. I thought it was Nicarauglish.
    You silly guys, Nicaragua is in Latin America. You obviously need someone fluent in Latin. ;)
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    I think I need to go as official taste tester. We wouldn't want someone trying to poison Alex. I'll be glad to offer up my services. I would be less missed than Alex if something went awry! haha