Home Cigar 101

Stacking cigars in your humidor

0 That Guy 00 That Guy 0 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 188
Is there a "best" way to stack the most cigars in a humidor possible and still make them easily accessible in order to avoid leaving the humi open for long periods of time while rummaging through to find the specific smoke you want?

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Maybe use dividers/trays and organize them according to your preference? I have 2 humidors, and I know exactly what's in them and where the cigars are, so I don't need to rummage much at all
  • jihiggsjihiggs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 468
    ive tried extreme organization, the only way to make it functional is to lose a considerable ammount of space. I leave cigars in their own boxes until there are just a few left. I couldnt figure a good way to stack them in a desktop humi so I just stopped trying. I have one humi full of cigars I know little about and have not tried, another with just rocky patel, and my largest is with random sticks that I know and love. but pretty soon the first humi I will be trading a guy at work for a badass dual processor server.
  • kent1146kent1146 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 86
    What I do is set aside a bunch of cigars that I am likely to smoke within the next 2 weeks, and leave those up at the top of the humidor.  That way, when I open the humidor, the sticks on top are the ones that I will reach for and smoke.  This saves you the trouble of digging through your entire collection to find one cigar that you'd like to smoke, and therefore reduces the wear-and-tear on your cigars, as well as preserving humidity.