Home General Discussion

Why I think I like padron

Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
Well this afternoon while sitting back and enjoying a day off I lit up one of my favorites! The padron londres maduro that has rested for about 6months. Yes it's still young but no matter how many I buy they seem to fly out of my humi! Well back to it I think padrons are by far not the most beautiful looking sticks in the world but IMO one of the tastiest! Why I ask myself do they taste so darn good! Well I know the padron family takes pride with the quaulity of the tabacco and makes sure that it has been aged and formented properly. Not only that but they are all relatively box pressed so the wrapper really shines. I love all of the cigars this family creates and wish there were more brands that pride themselves as much as the padrons!! I don't think I can ever get tired of any of the cigars they create and IMO they are the best of the best!!

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    I just bought some of those! I agree, they are so ugly but so freakin tasty. I really enjoy the churchills too. And of course the anniversary lines are great too! But I'll take a 'regular' brown label Padron any day.
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    It's been a while since I've had one so I need to revisit now that I'm better able to taste. I do love that rough around the edges look in the padron line.
  • chemforeverchemforever Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,200
    I would like some confirmation on why padron is sooo good from padronpete if possible! I have had some good ones and loved the anny or two I have had but I need to try a 3000 maddy one of these days.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Padron is consistent and always delivers. I have never had a bad Padron stick, and I know when I spend good money on one, I will not be dissapointed. I love the fact that they keep it simple.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I know the padron family takes pride with the quaulity of the tabacco and makes sure that it has been aged and formented properly.
    the tobacco is aged and fermented. the cigars are not aged. Padron does not have an aging room like many other companies. they roll them, band them, pack them and ship. there is no wait in the aging room. they are always "out" of cigars.
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Does it matter when Padron uses 5-10 years aged and fermented tobacco for wrapper, binder and fillers? They don't need any aging room after rolling.
    kuzi16:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I know the padron family takes pride with the quaulity of the tabacco and makes sure that it has been aged and formented properly.
    the tobacco is aged and fermented. the cigars are not aged. Padron does not have an aging room like many other companies. they roll them, band them, pack them and ship. there is no wait in the aging room. they are always "out" of cigars.
    Padron is one of those rare cigar maker who maintains quality over quantity. I smoked many Padrons from regular to Family Reserve and never had any bad experience in terms of construction, draw, burn and taste.
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Well this afternoon while sitting back and enjoying a day off I lit up one of my favorites! The padron londres maduro that has rested for about 6months. Yes it's still young but no matter how many I buy they seem to fly out of my humi! Well back to it I think padrons are by far not the most beautiful looking sticks in the world but IMO one of the tastiest! Why I ask myself do they taste so darn good! Well I know the padron family takes pride with the quaulity of the tabacco and makes sure that it has been aged and formented properly. Not only that but they are all relatively box pressed so the wrapper really shines. I love all of the cigars this family creates and wish there were more brands that pride themselves as much as the padrons!! I don't think I can ever get tired of any of the cigars they create and IMO they are the best of the best!!
    rzaman:
    Does it matter when Padron uses 5-10 years aged and fermented tobacco for wrapper, binder and fillers? They don't need any aging room after rolling.
    kuzi16:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    actually yes it does matter. they apply the wettest wrapper leaves of any of the factories ive seen.
    this wet leaf can start another round of fermentation and that is what the aging room is designed to work out. it isnt really to age the tobacco, just make sure that any accidental ammonia is out of the cigar before it hits the smokers lips.

i suspect that this is one of the reasons why many people feel that padrons age very well.
  • NightHawkNightHawk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 246
    I've lit up my fair share of padrons, both from b and m and online orders and have never experienced ammonia. Although I can't really speak on the wet wrappers bc I've never been to their factory, all I know is that they make fantastic smokes for all budgets, and that they are without a doubt one of the most consistent manufacturers in the business.
  • oilburneroilburner Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 91
    Very interesting Kuzi. I always was under the impression of the complete opposite, in that I thought they were one of the few that actually aged their cigars post rolling. I love some Padron londres maduros, and have been looking for an excuse to buy a box or two to age Thanks for clearing up my misconception!
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    oilburner:
    Very interesting Kuzi. I always was under the impression of the complete opposite, in that I thought they were one of the few that actually aged their cigars post rolling. I love some Padron londres maduros, and have been looking for an excuse to buy a box or two to age Thanks for clearing up my misconception!
    Although kuzi is correct on the aging I have never ran into any problems. I do know they freeze the cigars before shipping wich is nice!! But all in all if you age or rest the regular line they are fantastic sticks!!
  • StreaterStreater Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 293
    The londres is one of my favorites from Padron. Like the original poster noted, they are hard to age.
  • NectarCigarNectarCigar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 171
    One of my favorite nc brands because of all the reasons noted above! I do need to try the londres though, everything else I've had, I've thoroughly enjoyed!
    oilburner:
    i can see why you would be under that impression. they do take care their tobacco. they take extra care in the way they age the tobacco and ferment so there is a good jumping off point.
    padron is a different cigar company than any other i have seen.
    kuzi16:
    oilburner:
    i can see why you would be under that impression. they do take care their tobacco. they take extra care in the way they age the tobacco and ferment so there is a good jumping off point.
    padron is a different cigar company than any other i have seen.
    +1 agreed!!!
    NectarCigar:
    One of my favorite nc brands because of all the reasons noted above! I do need to try the londres though, everything else I've had, I've thoroughly enjoyed!
    I find it the perfect size! It doesn't take hours to smoke and the wrapper leaf really shines! It's my version of the short story
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    Thanks, I'll check out the londres when I get some room.
    I asked the question to Jeorge Padron during on my trip to the Esteli factory. His answer was, their wrapper leaves are extra aged, as well as extra fermented and dry. It can be easily crumbled during roll a cigar that is why they wet their wrappers with additional water and also easy to stretch for rolling. According to him, wrapper is not only for it's taste but also for it's beauty. The quality of a cigar often judged by it's wrapper.
    kuzi16:
    rzaman:
    kuzi16:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    actually yes it does matter. they apply the wettest wrapper leaves of any of the factories ive seen.
    this wet leaf can start another round of fermentation and that is what the aging room is designed to work out. it isnt really to age the tobacco, just make sure that any accidental ammonia is out of the cigar before it hits the smokers lips.

i suspect that this is one of the reasons why many people feel that padrons age very well.
    rzaman:
    I asked the question to Jeorge Padron during on my trip to the Esteli factory. His answer was, their wrapper leaves are extra aged, as well as extra fermented and dry. It can be easily crumbled during roll a cigar that is why they wet their wrappers with additional water and also easy to stretch for rolling. According to him, wrapper is not only for it's taste but also for it's beauty. The quality of a cigar often judged by it's wrapper.
    kuzi16:
    rzaman:
    kuzi16:
    Lee.mcglynn:

Nice rzaman that's good to know and that's awesome you went to the factory!! Wish I could get over there some day!
    rzaman:
    Jeorge and Jose are nice people. I met them both on my factory tour. Jeorge is 100% right. most wrapper leaf that is rejected is done so on the sorting table mainly due to color variation or other visual imperfections.

they are just living by a similar thought that they do in the restaurant business. in the restaurant business there is a saying:

you eat with your eyes first"

so if the food does not look good then it will be rejected without a taste no matter how good it really is.

same thing with cigars.