Home General Discussion

"Pick my Stick" (Tuesday 9/11) COMPLETED WITH MINI REVIEW AND PICS

2»

Comments

• jadeltjadelt Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 766
    Looks like RAIN wins..... the Limitada is running away in the final stretch....
    OK folks....,., it was a close race but Limitada pulled it off at the end. It is getting cold here so I am going out now with my Woodford Reserve Bourbon and my smoking jacket (a ratty old lined plaid flannel shirt lol)

Review and pics to follow !!

Thanks !!
    5 Vegas 2010 Limitada...... prelight nice smell, wrapper has a couple of defects nothing major. Lick has no taste that I can tell. Prelight draw just right. Not too tight not too loose.

Pairing with Woodford Reserve Bourbon. First half of the smoke was nothing special. Nice kind of mild with no special flavor. No pepper no spices that I can tell. It is a little cold out and windy. The bourbon helps.

The bourbon goes fast.... the end of one bottle down. Opened the replacement. Second half of the smoke brought a bit more flavor. Again nothing special but a nice enjoyable smoke. The wrapper cracked a bit but I smoked through it and all was fine. I suspect the cold dry air had something to do with the wrapper.

Overall a good time was had by all..... my simple rating is 3.5 out of 5

Thanks y'all for a good choice !
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    How is the woodford? I have been reading old threads on scotch/bourbon and saw that name come up a few times. I am looking to grab a bottle of something; I've never been into liquor but I'd love to give it a try. I had a sip of makers mark a while back and it was absolutely disgusting. Never really tried anything else, but a good smooth maybe slightly sweet drink sounds great going into cooler weather.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Gray4lines:
    How is the woodford? I have been reading old threads on scotch/bourbon and saw that name come up a few times. I am looking to grab a bottle of something; I've never been into liquor but I'd love to give it a try. I had a sip of makers mark a while back and it was absolutely disgusting. Never really tried anything else, but a good smooth maybe slightly sweet drink sounds great going into cooler weather.
    Very Nice jadelt, and as far as the Woodford goes, it is my absolute all time favorite bourbon. Disclaimer-still have not tried Four Roses. However, Maker's Mark is not a bad bourbon by any stretch of the imagination so it may be that you just don't like bourbon. I would hate for you to try Woodford and dislike it. If you put a splash of ginger ale and a squeeze of lime in it, it will definitely smooth it out, eventhough to me, it is already extremely smooth! Side note-my mother in law makes her own ginger syrup and it is AMAZING with a good bourbon or whiskey. Let me know if there is any interest and I can get the recipe for you guys!
    mmccartneydc:
    Gray4lines:
    Very Nice jadelt, and as far as the Woodford goes, it is my absolute all time favorite bourbon. Disclaimer-still have not tried Four Roses. However, Maker's Mark is not a bad bourbon by any stretch of the imagination so it may be that you just don't like bourbon. I would hate for you to try Woodford and dislike it. If you put a splash of ginger ale and a squeeze of lime in it, it will definitely smooth it out, eventhough to me, it is already extremely smooth! Side note-my mother in law makes her own ginger syrup and it is AMAZING with a good bourbon or whiskey. Let me know if there is any interest and I can get the recipe for you guys!
    Thanks, yeah I'm not really sure, and I'd hate to buy some only to hate it. I tried a sip of the Jack and honey (I know that's not bourbon). And it was pretty good... but I'd like to give it a try I think, how much does a bottle run? Sorry to jack his thread.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Gray4lines:
    mmccartneydc:
    Gray4lines:
    Thanks, yeah I'm not really sure, and I'd hate to buy some only to hate it. I tried a sip of the Jack and honey (I know that's not bourbon). And it was pretty good... but I'd like to give it a try I think, how much does a bottle run? Sorry to jack his thread.
    Here, a fifth will run ya 32.99!
    Gray4lines:
    I have tried a few Bourbons and the Woodford Reserve is the one I like best. Very smooth. No bite, just good solid flavor. A little pricey but I usually only do one shot so a bottle lasts me a while. Another way to look at the price is it adds about $1.50 in cost and untold enjoyment of a fine cigar. It is getting cold here (30 last night) and yep I like it to keep me warm cuz I usually smoke starting around 7PM and it gets chilly by the time I am done.

See if you can buy one of those tiny 1 shot bottles to see if you like it...... or stop by my place in Montana and its on the house.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,563
    jadelt:
    Gray4lines:
    I have tried a few Bourbons and the Woodford Reserve is the one I like best. Very smooth. No bite, just good solid flavor. A little pricey but I usually only do one shot so a bottle lasts me a while. Another way to look at the price is it adds about $1.50 in cost and untold enjoyment of a fine cigar. It is getting cold here (30 last night) and yep I like it to keep me warm cuz I usually smoke starting around 7PM and it gets chilly by the time I am done.

See if you can buy one of those tiny 1 shot bottles to see if you like it...... or stop by my place in Montana and its on the house.
    Woodford is my go to bourbon. If you like the flagship, definitly try the double oaked, it is pretty fantastic.
    jadelt:
    Gray4lines:

Next time I'm up north I will pay you a visit! haha! Do liquor stores sell the little bottles? I may have to get a variety sampler, lol
    On one other note....... the bourbon was better than the cigar. Cigar was OK but maybe made better by the bourbon. Just my taste..... your taste may vary. (YTMV)
    jadelt:
    On one other note....... the bourbon was better than the cigar. Cigar was OK but maybe made better by the bourbon. Just my taste..... your taste may vary. (YTMV)
    Haha, I thought that maaaay be the case since we are all talking about the drink and not the cigar! I was hoping the limitada's would be great, I think I have a 2011, so we will see... I guess that's a plus of a good drink!