Home General Discussion

Just the thought

Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
The way I see things is this forum is a great Place! No matter what time it is you will always find someone on here. The people of this forum is what makes this place unique and fun! Yes we disagree at times and yes some things are said that well can't be taken back. But everyday is a new day! It's all on how you start it that will make it what it is. It turns my stomach that people are leaving the forums due to some threads! I know something's are hard to ignore and I have given in to some slamming myself. I feel it's a shame to have members leave especially the vets that have kept this place running for all this time! I am new to these forums and yet I feel like you guys are some of the most stand up people on the net. So please if you are thinking of leaving please don't! Think of the people you can help and mentor about this great hobby of ours! Yes one person leaving can and will effect the over all feeling of this great community. Personally I would rather leave then have the vets feel uncomftorable about even commenting on a thread. Please can we just let things be and treat today as a new day and a new start?

Comments

• BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Well said Lee, totally agree! To me, cigars are way more enjoyable when the experience is shared with others. How did you get it, where did you hear about it, who turned you on to it, who sent that hard to find stick? And so on and so on. It's the journey to a different type of enlightenment and our interactions with others here make it possible. We are able to share with virtual strangers that are from states we've never been to with an open Herf invitation. The positive out weighs the negative IMO...thanks.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Less arguing, more smoking. It's the Internet....
  • WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    Thanks Lee. I know I'm a noob ( and a girl lol) and my opinion might not be widely sought after, but I love this place and it saddens me to see it crumbling the way that it is. I joined this place to try something new and enjoy a hobby with my brother who is 1000's miles away from me. It has turned into so much more. I tell guys I run into that smoke about this place every chance I get. I even recently found another woman smoker and asked her to join so that her and I could share in this place together as few women smoke cigars and partake on the forum. I hope things lighten up around here and things get back to what's important - smoking cigars and bonding over them!
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    All we can do is stay above any BS, be respectful and have fun. Good people around will always outlast the bad and I know there will always be good guys (and girls) hanging around.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Bigshizza:
    Well said Lee, totally agree! To me, cigars are way more enjoyable when the experience is shared with others. How did you get it, where did you hear about it, who turned you on to it, who sent that hard to find stick? And so on and so on. It's the journey to a different type of enlightenment and our interactions with others here make it possible. We are able to share with virtual strangers that are from states we've never been to with an open Herf invitation. The positive out weighs the negative IMO...thanks.
    +1, Nicely put Jim!
  • NectarCigarNectarCigar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 171
    I'm with ya! I'll voice my opinion but never bash on someone else's.
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    NectarCigar:
    I'm with ya! I'll voice my opinion but never bash on someone else's.
    +1 i try to take every response in stride good or bad, but i too would never bash anothers opinion
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Hmm guess I've missed something somewhere since I haven't been able to get on much lately. But as with any forum your bound to have a clash of personalities from time to time. That's one of the reasons I try to avoid any threads relating to politics or religion. As I can become hotheaded myself. I prefer to stay with the topic at hand which is our love of cigars and thing related to them.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    WhoDeyGal:
    Thanks Lee. I know I'm a noob ( and a girl lol) and my opinion might not be widely sought after,
    FWIW, Even though we live in a Patriarchal society. I often seek a woman's opinion, and In most matters I feel a woman has a clearer perspective on things. I used to call/talk to my Mom often and she always was a voice of reason and helped me with many topics. I miss her. So always feel free to share your thoughts with us meatheads
  • WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    The Kid:
    WhoDeyGal:
    Thanks Lee. I know I'm a noob ( and a girl lol) and my opinion might not be widely sought after,
    FWIW, Even though we live in a Patriarchal society. I often seek a woman's opinion, and In most matters I feel a woman has a clearer perspective on things. I used to call/talk to my Mom often and she always was a voice of reason and helped me with many topics. I miss her. So always feel free to share your thoughts with us meatheads
    Thanks Kid! I appreciate that. Sounds like your mom was a lovely woman :)