Home General Discussion

Noticing a change in stock

Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
Well recently I have been rearranging my main humi only to discover my taste has changed. I use to always have a bunch of perdomo and stuff like that. Now I'd say 75% of my stock is either padron or preferidos...not quite sure how this looks but I can't figure out what has changed that much in my taste. Maybe I've just found some good old comfort sticks lol. I do always go to those two when I can't figure out what to smoke and I guess I've just been stock piling them. Or is it I just don't feel the need to look any farther? Who knows right? But now I think I must find something different to fill the remaining space I have. Take into mind the other 25% is almost all litto Gomez stuff. Any suggestions??

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    I myself have not smoked a Connecticut wrapped cigar in I don't know how long. I just dont like them anymore. Now I'm very selective about maduros. I dont know what it is. I don't know if I'm getting burnt out on them or my palate has changed to where I'm fading from them. I'm getting very picky in what I buy and smoke.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    I feel ya!! I really only rely on one conny but truley have probably not given them a good chance! It's just odd to see a change in what you buy more often now from what you use to. But I still owe you a hit so I'll give you a great conny IMO
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Hi Lee, it is very normal. You are developing palate and got matured about finer taste. This is the reason why you have more Padron, Preferidos and LFD. In fact, there are not that many good cigars. Your palate identify and enjoy more distinctive and fine flavor, aroma, balanced complexity, finish. In your subcontious mind when you purchase cigars, it automatically direct you to buy certain cigars. You are on the right track LOL. Enjoy the beautiful world of fine cigars.
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Daniel, in fact it is a good news that you are getting very picky. If you do not like Connecticut that's fine but have you asked yourself why? It is because the bitterness. You like Maduro because of the espresso, coffee, sweetness. Your palate has been changed. Wrapper releases 50-60% flavor and aroma of a cigar.
    danielzreyes:
    I myself have not smoked a Connecticut wrapped cigar in I don't know how long. I just dont like them anymore. Now I'm very selective about maduros. I dont know what it is. I don't know if I'm getting burnt out on them or my palate has changed to where I'm fading from them. I'm getting very picky in what I buy and smoke.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    rzaman:
    Hi Lee, it is very normal. You are developing palate and got matured about finer taste. This is the reason why you have more Padron, Preferidos and LFD. In fact, there are not that many good cigars. Your palate identify and enjoy more distinctive and fine flavor, aroma, balanced complexity, finish. In your subcontious mind when you purchase cigars, it automatically direct you to buy certain cigars. You are on the right track LOL. Enjoy the beautiful world of fine cigars.
    lol well thank you for confirming I'm not as crazy as I thought!! I guess it is a good thing to lean towards the cigars I have the most trust in as far as taste,enjoyment and consistency!!
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    rzaman:
    Daniel, in fact it is a good news that you are getting very picky. If you do not like Connecticut that's fine but have you asked yourself why? It is because the bitterness. You like Maduro because of the espresso, coffee, sweetness. Your palate has been changed. Wrapper releases 50-60% flavor and aroma of a cigar.
    danielzreyes:
    Rip, I usually find myself smoking a cigar more often after a meal whether it's after lunch or dinner. The bitterness of a conny doesn't bother me at all. It's more that conny cigars are ................... dry, if you will. I'm looking for something with rich, oily smoke and more power. As far as maduros go, I've mentioned this to a few other BOTL. It's probably just me but when I smoke a maduro after a heavy meal, I feel like I'm eating all over again. The stoutness and heavy flavors are too much after a heavy meal. Don't get me wrong. I love and enjoy maduro cigars very much. But not right after I have just eaten.
  • jadeltjadelt Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 766
    Funny that you say that now.... I am smoking a Park Avenue.... not my favorite and actually i dont like it. Conn wrapper.... kind of dry and bitter ?

My taste has changed a lot in a year.... I like fuller stronger sticks a lot now. Maduros have also fallen a bit out of favor as well. I seem to favor Habano (for the moment at least.)
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993