Home General Discussion

Done

13»

Comments

• RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Dark Roast:
    Smokindaddy:
    This is all so freaking retarded, ALL OF IT!!! This forum is full of great people and a bad seed pops up, some of those great people take it upon themselves to control the environment so things can stay they way they are on our beloved forum. When that bad seed does not learn after many warnings, yes things are going to turn hostile since there is no face to face interaction and we just can't pick the guy up and throw him out of the bar, so to speak.

I find it completely dumb that so called "vets" show up out of the blue to put in their .02 cents on a situation that is already trying to be worked out. I also thinks it's completely retarded that the members that were sticking up for the forums were made to feel like the had to apologize for their actions, yet the bad seed has people coming to his rescue.

Some of the "vets" here need to practice what they preach, calling out good members of this forum was in complete bad taste and is no different then what good members were trying to do with the bad, yet they get chastised for it. If the "vets" would stop to think, many of them had a hand in having Ryan (aeonspiral) removed from the forums, should all the members involved with that start sending apologizes to Ryan and ask him to come back? I think not.

The forums are for everyone to use, new and old. Honestly it doesn't matter how many posts a person has to me, I could care less, it matters that we all found this place because we share the same hobby. Sorry "vets" the forums were not created for you, and the number of members is only going to grow, evolution, it's a crazy thing, and totally unstoppable.

Has the forums changed, YES, is going to stop changing, NO and really the only thing I see that is clearly different around here is the amount of hypocrisy that is spewed.

I think the "vets" that called out the good members of this place should apologize, after all, the good members were only giving their opinion and trying to do the right thing. Next time if maybe more good members backed people up a situation like what happened yesterday could come to a quicker resolution. I know this going to piss a lot of people off but, whatever, this is all just my opinion. Like it was so clearly pointed out, this belongs to Alex and The Beard, not to any of us, and if you have a high post count and all of this pisses you off enough to make you throw a fit and start threatening to leave, just remember there are plenty of noobs that will have 5000 - 7000 posts under their belt soon enough.

I'll wrap this rant up with saying, "vets" practice what you preach, you read something you don't like, well move on. Good members, keep up the good work, this place clearly needs people to call out the BS of other members so we can have a place we all enjoy. Certain "vet", no one owes you or this place an apology for doing what they though was the right thing. Im done!!
    F-OFF! You whining little ***! Nothing was being worked out. You jack-offs were berating an BOTL. You want to call him out then do it with a PM.
    So...this is appropriate?
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Please just stop all of this....
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    deejmemixx:
    Damn we just lost a great guy because of all this.......
    make this multiple people....... All with in the last few moments I am getting texts saying see ya. This did not need to go on for this long....take it to a pm.
  • Dark RoastDark Roast Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 463
    Rain:
    Dark Roast:
    Smokindaddy:
    This is all so freaking retarded, ALL OF IT!!! This forum is full of great people and a bad seed pops up, some of those great people take it upon themselves to control the environment so things can stay they way they are on our beloved forum. When that bad seed does not learn after many warnings, yes things are going to turn hostile since there is no face to face interaction and we just can't pick the guy up and throw him out of the bar, so to speak.

I find it completely dumb that so called "vets" show up out of the blue to put in their .02 cents on a situation that is already trying to be worked out. I also thinks it's completely retarded that the members that were sticking up for the forums were made to feel like the had to apologize for their actions, yet the bad seed has people coming to his rescue.

Some of the "vets" here need to practice what they preach, calling out good members of this forum was in complete bad taste and is no different then what good members were trying to do with the bad, yet they get chastised for it. If the "vets" would stop to think, many of them had a hand in having Ryan (aeonspiral) removed from the forums, should all the members involved with that start sending apologizes to Ryan and ask him to come back? I think not.

The forums are for everyone to use, new and old. Honestly it doesn't matter how many posts a person has to me, I could care less, it matters that we all found this place because we share the same hobby. Sorry "vets" the forums were not created for you, and the number of members is only going to grow, evolution, it's a crazy thing, and totally unstoppable.

Has the forums changed, YES, is going to stop changing, NO and really the only thing I see that is clearly different around here is the amount of hypocrisy that is spewed.

I think the "vets" that called out the good members of this place should apologize, after all, the good members were only giving their opinion and trying to do the right thing. Next time if maybe more good members backed people up a situation like what happened yesterday could come to a quicker resolution. I know this going to piss a lot of people off but, whatever, this is all just my opinion. Like it was so clearly pointed out, this belongs to Alex and The Beard, not to any of us, and if you have a high post count and all of this pisses you off enough to make you throw a fit and start threatening to leave, just remember there are plenty of noobs that will have 5000 - 7000 posts under their belt soon enough.

I'll wrap this rant up with saying, "vets" practice what you preach, you read something you don't like, well move on. Good members, keep up the good work, this place clearly needs people to call out the BS of other members so we can have a place we all enjoy. Certain "vet", no one owes you or this place an apology for doing what they though was the right thing. Im done!!
    F-OFF! You whining little ***! Nothing was being worked out. You jack-offs were berating an BOTL. You want to call him out then do it with a PM.
    Absolutely! I figure his $.02 comment was directed at me since I didn't see anyone else using that analogy. Why can't you guys just accept the fact not everyone is cut from the same mold and that is what makes people unique. Yea maybe they make you crazy sometimes but is worth berating them. F'm if you don't like them. By doing what you guys have done it has brought Seagarlover more attention than maybe he deserved. Plus I do not like to see people bullied!
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Dark Roast:
    Rain:
    Dark Roast:
    Smokindaddy:

Absolutely! I figure his $.02 comment was directed at me since I didn't see anyone else using that analogy. Why can't you guys just accept the fact not everyone is cut from the same mold and that is what makes people unique. Yea maybe they make you crazy sometimes but is worth berating them. F'm if you don't like them. By doing what you guys have done it has brought Seagarlover more attention than maybe he deserved. Plus I do not like to see people bullied!
    I pretty much agree with you. This has gotten way out of hand, it started small and is know huge. I was just confused because you fake cursing at someone could be seen as, you know..bullying. You know what I mean? Berating someone for berating someone, I was just confused.
    deejmemixx:
    deejmemixx:
    Damn we just lost a great guy because of all this.......
    make this multiple people....... All with in the last few moments I am getting texts saying see ya. This did not need to go on for this long....take it to a pm.
    over stupid sh$t.... Man up, apologize, and go smoke....
  • Dark RoastDark Roast Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 463
    Just ignore Seagarlover if you don't agree with him. Eventually he will get it or he will fade out like a bad memory. I am going to enjoy a Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale and pleas accept my apology if I have offended any of the BOTL on this forum! - Mike
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Rain:
    Dark Roast:
    Smokindaddy:

NO,,,I just dont understand how someone can tell people to send pm's and then lash out publicly,, I think this is exactly what Smokindaddy was referring to when he mentioned hypocrisy.
  • WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    catfishbluezz:
    Please just stop all of this....
    +1. Very sad place right now
  • seagarloverseagarlover Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 437
    Dark Roast:
    Just ignore Seagarlover if you don't agree with him. Eventually he will get it or he will fade out like a bad memory. I am going to enjoy a Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale and pleas accept my apology if I have offended any of the BOTL on this forum! - Mike
    I have been reading the post's today and except for an apology to a member and what I smoked in the am I have not typed one word today, so please dark roast leave me out of this today.
  • VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    seagarlover:
    Dark Roast:
    I have been reading the post's today and except for an apology to a member and what I smoked in the am I have not typed one word today, so please dark roast leave me out of this today.
    It will get bumped out..... It will end.
  • seagarloverseagarlover Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 437
    Vision:
    seagarlover:
    Dark Roast:
    It will get bumped out..... It will end.
    Thank You, I hope so, no body wants this to get back to the way it was before I got here more than I do, I'm not going anywhere, but I'm going to conform to the rules and guidlines and simple respect from here on in.
    Chris...its done, please do not reply to this thread....
  • WyattEarpWyattEarp Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 25
    Am I seeing double or are there two of these dang threads/ I'm a thinking Dark Roast needs to switch to Decaf / What this town needs is a sheriff.
    WyattEarp:
    Am I seeing double or are there two of these dang threads/ I'm a thinking Dark Roast needs to switch to Decaf / What this town needs is a sheriff.
    Since this thread has been bumped, I'll agree... Simply because this situation would not have gotten out of hand, which led to a bunch of people flaming each other, had a moderator shut it down. Someone has been banned/shunned from several boards for a reason... 2543 out...
  • WyattEarpWyattEarp Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 25
    catfishbluezz:
    Someone has been banned/shunned from several boards for a reason... 2543 out...
    If by someone you mean ol "ciggar cutter" boy, well that dont surprise me none. Like my great grandpappy used to say, "Lie down with dogs, wake up with fleas" or "One bad apple spoils the bunch". Yessir oll grandpappy was wise beyond his years. Chin up fellas ol Wyatt's with yaall now.
    WyattEarp:
    catfishbluezz:
    Someone has been banned/shunned from several boards for a reason... 2543 out...
    If by someone you mean ol "ciggar cutter" boy, well that dont surprise me none. Like my great grandpappy used to say, "Lie down with dogs, wake up with fleas" or "One bad apple spoils the bunch". Yessir oll grandpappy was wise beyond his years. Chin up fellas ol Wyatt's with yaall now.
    Yup...that's what's sad... I think the point is...this place didn't need a moderator before; hence, the vets left...