Home General Discussion

Well, here's my intro to the forum I suppose

JLonsinger2011JLonsinger2011 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 258
How's it going everyone. I started smoking cigars back in February. I smoked probably about a dozen in high school as I was on the golf team but never really got into them because I wasn't old enough to buy them. My pops gave me a Cuban for graduation and I was hooked. I pulled out my golf clubs back in February and decided to bring some stogies out for old times stakes and decided to become a cigar enthusiast. Since then my collection has grown to roughly 70 cigars. I just took a cruise to the Caribbean so of course I brought back some Cubans, and actually recently at the brick and mortar here in town, En Fuego, Rocky Patel was here where I bought my first box. Here's My father, Rocky Patel, and myself image The box I bought that came with a nice torch (Came with 5 free sticks) image And some Corona and Cuban Montecristos in the middle of Hurricane Isaac on the balcony. image I love to be on forums about stuff I love, so I'll be on here regularly in my spare time. So without any further ado, hey ya'll!

Comments

• jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    nice man! let me be the first to welcome you (again) haha. welcome! you like some very good cigars. came out swinging hard! niiiiice
  • bigjohn125bigjohn125 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 476
    Welcome. You can learn a lot here and have a lot of fun. Just don't give anyone your address. :)
  • JLonsinger2011JLonsinger2011 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 258
    Thanks guys! And nooo I wouldn't do that lol
    bigjohn125:
    Welcome. You can learn a lot here and have a lot of fun. Just don't give anyone your address. :)
    wait til my roomie gets on. you'll give it up
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Welcome.

When you say Habana Montecristo, do you mean to say it is a Cuban, or is it a part of the non-Cuban Monte line? I ask because I'm not terribly familiar with any newer releases of the NC Monte, and if someone sold/gave you that cigar telling you it is a Cuban, well quite frankly it's not. Anyway, just curious. Enjoy your stay, there is a lot of good info to be had here...some of these guys even have good taste in cigars. Big Smile [:D]
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    Welcome. Cigars and golf, gotta like it.
    I mean Cuban lol bought it in Honduras. Edited it to be more clear.
    JLonsinger2011:
    I mean Cuban lol bought it in Honduras. Edited it to be more clear.
    Gotcha. Was it any good? That cigar is most assuredly not a Cuban, everything from the band to the size and shape of the cigar are wrong. I don't like being the bearer of bad news, but at the same time I believe that knowledge is power when it comes to Cubans, and if more people knew how to spot fakes there might not be such a problem with them.
    It tasted amazing. The montecristos we got from the guy in the stateroom next to us. We did split a box of Cohibas with him that I have in my humi, and that box is 100% legitimate. We didn't get the box, the other guy did, unfortunately, but we still have 4 of them. The box had the correct markings, etc, and we didn't buy them in any back alleys or anything lol.
    Well if you enjoyed it, to me that's the most important thing. Here's a picture of the real Monte EL 2012. Not my picture, but from a well known source of info on all things Cuban cigars.

Exact same as the one I smoked, except the second band was reversed colors (as pictured above). Bottom line is that I enjoyed it, didn't have to pay for it, and still cam home with 10 cubans haha
    The pic you posted looked like a torpedo, maybe it's a visual thing. But yeah, definitely if you enjoyed it, at the end of the day that's about all that matters. Not trying to pick on you or anything, I just hate that people get duped by fake Cubans, I've been there myself, and try to inform people so hopefully it doesn't happen again.
    it was a torpedo, but he also had normal ones
    JLonsinger2011:
    it was a torpedo, but he also had normal ones
    And that's the thing about Cuban Limited Editions, they only come in one size. In this case it's a 6.1" x 55 robusto extra for the Monte LE 2012. Sorry to hijack your intro thread, I'll let this be the last post I make on the subject. Again, welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy your stay.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    Welcome to the Human Zoo! As previously stated, you'll find a pant load of info and some pretty decent folk on here. Well, maybe that Jiunn character is a little shady but we keep him around for comic relief. Just kidding, Jiunn like the month.
    So, without further ado, go ahead and publicly post your address. If we have to work for it things will only be harder for you...
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    So who's that good looking stud on the far right in the first photo? Is he seeing anyone? Is it serious? Does he swing, you know, both ways?

Tell him get hold of me. My name is Jiunn. I hijacked this other guy's forum account.

• webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Jiunn, knock it off. How'd you get my forum password?

Don't pay any attention to him.

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Welcome to the forums! It's a great place with a lot of nuts!
  • jthanatosjthanatos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,563
    Welcome to the forum. Looks like you are off to a good start.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    JLonsinger2011, I need to get up to Dallas and meet you (as well as take some of those fine cigars off your hands)! I'm at Fort Hood, so I'll see you...how does tonight work? ;) Welcome to the forums!
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Welcome aboard.
    on second thought, dont listen to people on here. go on ahead and join another forum. people here are aholes!
  • jthanatosjthanatos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,563
    jliu:
    on second thought, dont listen to people on here. go on ahead and join another forum. people here are aholes!
    But... I love you... guy I have never met... don't spurn my love D:

• marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    jthanatos:
    jliu:

Juinny Jam is just playing hard to get, don't let him fool you, he is rather easy, lol.
    Fine guys, here it is, come on over
    marineatbn03:
    jthanatos:
    jliu:

Juinny Jam is just playing hard to get, don't let him fool you, he is rather easy, lol.
    i'm reporting you guys to the army. they'll know what to do with you
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    JLonsinger2011:
    Fine guys, here it is, come on over 3872 FM 350 South, Livingston, TX 77351
    Oh no he didn't.......
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    catfishbluezz:
    JLonsinger2011:
    Oh no he didn't.......
    Bye bye JLonsinger2011, although short lived, I enjoyed your time here LOL!
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    JLonsinger2011:
    Fine guys, here it is, come on over
    Can we get your prisoner ID number as well to make sure the cigars go to the right inmate? This is pretty comical to give out a false address, but also careless. Someone might have actually tried sending you some cigars to this address and would probably be rather upset to find out you gave out a faulty address and the cigars were sent to where ever. We all love jokes, but not when it leads to cigars being needlessly wasted.
    SleevePlz:
    JLonsinger2011:
    Can we get your prisoner ID number as well to make sure the cigars go to the right inmate? This is pretty comical to give out a false address, but also careless. Someone might have actually tried sending you some cigars to this address and would probably be rather upset to find out you gave out a faulty address and the cigars were sent to where ever. We all love jokes, but not when it leads to cigars being needlessly wasted.
    I wasn't going to let it go for more than an hour lol.