Home General Discussion

Where to buy spanish cedar cheaps for a reasonable price?

JLonsinger2011JLonsinger2011 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 258
So I bought a 16 bottle wine cooler on CL for $40. Has a nice light and a glass door. My plan is to line it with spanish cedar and replace the shelves with spanish cedar and turn it into a humidor. Where can I find spanish cedar?

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Google Spanish cedar planks and you should find some. No need to line it, and you can use boxes inside to store cigars. There are plenty of guys in here running wineadors, I'm looking at one myself. Check and see if it is thermo or compressor cooled. You will need significant humidification. Let us know what questions you have bro and good luck! Ask Jason, jiunn, lasabar, and nickiam about them as I think they all have one.
  • JLonsinger2011JLonsinger2011 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 258
    I actually found the website wineadors.com and that's how I'm going to do it. Not sure if i'll buy it from them or not, but the new air cooler they use with the shelves they use looks perfect. I've only been into cigars since February or so and I'm slowly building my collection, but my pops 100 count is filled with his and with my collection getting to now about 40 csingle cigars and 2 boxes, I need somewhere to put them haha!
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    hey dude. first of all, welcome to ccom forums! lots of shinanigans going on here so I hope you enjoy it! in terms of purchasing spanish cedar to line your wineador, in my opinion and experience you don't need it. having your cigars in cedar boxes works perfectly. my cigars have zero difference between my spanish cedar humis and my wineador that only has cigars in cedar boxes. just ensure to get some beads and boveda packs to evenly distribute inside the wineador and you'll be set. let me know if you have any other questions and I'll try to provide advice based purely on my experience.
  • JLonsinger2011JLonsinger2011 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 258
    Will do, thank you!
  • MessickMessick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 86
    I found it pretty cheap on eBay, but make sure you check shipping. If you just need a few boards then find a Woodcraft store in your area. They might be a little bit more expensive but No shipping costs.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Messick:
    I found it pretty cheap on eBay, but make sure you check shipping. If you just need a few boards then find a Woodcraft store in your area. They might be a little bit more expensive but No shipping costs.
    Yep, if you don't do boxes...which work fine and will be cheapest....
    Check out woodcraft, I got boards from there about 1 yr ago - they were ~$8 for a 1/4"x36"x3" SC board
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Messick:
    +1 but also make sure it's kiln dryed!!