Home General Discussion

Odd seasoning techniques

PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
Today I was chatting with my grandma's undertaker (who is a family friend) during a break from the wake, and we started talking about cigars. He's an occasional smoker that likes to smoke while fishing. He said that when he needs to get his humi set for some cigars, he fills his humi with tap water, lets it sit for a min, then pours it out. I nearly fell over when he said this. What are some odd seasoning or humi care techniques you all have heard?

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Doh! Did you tell him it's a humidor and not a fish tank? Man...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    wow. thats a great way to ruin a humidor.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    wow, what a way to cause warping and breaking the seal. Of course he is an undertaker so he does things other people will never do.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    When I first got started I had a small 20 count that fit about 10, and I let it get away from me and just dry out. My father-in-law said he could fix it and and he took a paper towel, wetted it thoroughly and wiped the walls and top of the humi, then wrung out the towel and placed it inside with the sticks on top of the hygrometer.

Needless to say, that humi is now my fiances and hold flavored sticks along with warped wood.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    Now we know what happened to Granny's box. LOL
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    I heard someone the other day say that in the absence of humidification, they cut an apple in half and placed it in the humi. Apple flavored Opus anyone?!?
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    i got mad at one of my friends so I opened his wooden humi, farted in it, and closed it. he's lucky I did it right in front of him. i haven't spoken to him in quite some time...
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    jliu:
    i got mad at one of my friends so I opened his wooden humi, farted in it, and closed it. he's lucky I did it right in front of him. i haven't spoken to him in quite some time...
    ACRID by Jiunn Estate
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    jliu:
    can I try one?
    deejmemixx:
    jliu:
    can I try one?
    put that other profile pic back up and i will send you a farty one
    jliu:
    deejmemixx:
    jliu:
    can I try one?
    which One? The scary lizard man/woman? I can not Mr sniper asked me to change it.
    deejmemixx:
    jliu:
    deejmemixx:
    jliu:
    can I try one?
    which One? The scary lizard man/woman? I can not Mr sniper asked me to change it.
    yea that one. do it. sniper doesn't really come on all that much anymore. shhh just do it
    jliu:
    deejmemixx:
    jliu:
    deejmemixx:
    jliu:
    can I try one?
    yea that one. do it. sniper doesn't really come on all that much anymore. shhh just do it
    that's sassy talk Mr mAn
  • lilninjabuddylilninjabuddy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 11
    PsychoSJG:
    Today I was chatting with my grandma's undertaker, who is a family friend
    Don't know about odd seasoning techniques, but that may be the oddest beginning to a thread about them ever!
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    ACRID by Jiunn Estate
    thats funny right there! lol