Home General Discussion

You are still special

rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604

Though I have many cigars without any written record but I can still tell if something is missing. I have a table humidor which I consider as one of my aging vault and I put some of my top collection for a special moment. Today, I realized that I was missing one of my priced stick- Padron Millenium. I gave away some of my other priced sticks Davidoff Royal Robusto in exchange of three Padron Millenium. I believe I post it somewhere here. Immideatly, I called my maids and asked them what happend. Long story short, twice a week they clean my Mancave. On Saterday while they were cleaning the room my nine years old son open the table humidor to show his friend a cigar. Unfortunetly he picked up the Padron Millenium and droped it on the floor. The cigar wrapper broke right away. My son was very scared and threw away the entire cigar and thought I would never remember about it.

Ofcourse I am very sad with knowing I will never be able to replace this gem. Today when I called my son and asked him why he didn't tell me. He gave me a empty look with a lot of guilt in him. I Immideatly hugged him tight and told him-you are still very special to me. There is no cigar can replace you in my life. Please do not touch my cigars again. He smiled and kissed me and ran away. Indeed, I am not sad but still thinking why did he picked up the Padron Millenium rather then any other cigar? LOL

Comments

• bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    Like father, like son, he has great tastes........
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    Rip, thank you for sharing that. just like your reviews, that was beautiful
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    A friend of mine had an opus x love affair. An original! His friend went into his humi and grabbed that stick and before he could say anything it was already cut and lit. it was his only one!
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    That is a very sad story. This happened to me few times and finally I limit bringing people to my Mancave. I do not mind to share good cigars with people who really appreciate it. Here is the most horrible one- I was gifted an original Limited Edition Cohiba Behike which cost $400+ per stick. This man was the Ambassador from a European country. I left the room for a bottle of single malt, when I returned the jerk already cut and lit my only Limited Edition Behike. The hardest part was when he told me the cigar still needed aging and smoke only half of it. For professional reason I couldn't say anything. In my thought I kicked his back million times. I hope someday I will be able to collect at least one stick in my life time.
    rwheelwright:
    A friend of mine had an opus x love affair. An original! His friend went into his humi and grabbed that stick and before he could say anything it was already cut and lit. it was his only one!
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,922
    rzaman:
    That is a very sad story. This happened to me few times and finally I limit bringing people to my Mancave. I do not mind to share good cigars with people who really appreciate it. Here is the most horrible one- I was gifted an original Limited Edition Cohiba Behike which cost $400+ per stick. This man was the Ambassador from a European country. I left the room for a bottle of single malt, when I returned the jerk already cut and lit my only Limited Edition Behike. The hardest part was when he told me the cigar still needed aging and smoke only half of it. For professional reason I couldn't say anything. In my thought I kicked his back million times. I hope someday I will be able to collect at least one stick in my life time.
    rwheelwright:
    I don't know how you kept your cool I would've flipped out on him when he only smoked half of it
    You have more patience that I. I would have flipped! Well if it makes you feel any better, I had a humi stolen that had about 3k worth of cigars. I ended up getting them back but I almost cried. I had old.opus x from 2004 and 2005, a box of partagas 150, a few padron 45s, about 4 - 5 boxes of GoF from 2005 and 2006 plus a few GoF sticks from 2004, other opus x, anejos from 2008 and some between the lines. Probably more but I forget.
    Rich, I am very sorry to hear about it. I know how you feel. It is not easy to forget about it. Thanks for sharing.
    rwheelwright:
    You have more patience that I. I would have flipped! Well if it makes you feel any better, I had a humi stolen that had about 3k worth of cigars. I ended up getting them back but I almost cried. I had old.opus x from 2004 and 2005, a box of partagas 150, a few padron 45s, about 4 - 5 boxes of GoF from 2005 and 2006 plus a few GoF sticks from 2004, other opus x, anejos from 2008 and some between the lines. Probably more but I forget.
    Robert, you have no idea what I deal with in daily basis. In my profession we can hardly express our true feeling. It is a very sad part of my career and profession. This is a reason why I am here and the only place where I can share my feeling and imotional sometime.
    robertgreen30:
    rzaman:
    rwheelwright:
    I don't know how you kept your cool I would've flipped out on him when he only smoked half of it
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,922
    rzaman:
    Robert, you have no idea what I deal with in daily basis. In my profession we can hardly express our true feeling. It is a very sad part of my career and profession. This is a reason why I am here and the only place where I can share my feeling and imotional sometime.
    robertgreen30:
    rzaman:
    rwheelwright:
    I feel your pain. I have to keep my cool at my job too and have to deal with idiots. I just wish we could have one slap a day to give cause I know you would have use it that day It should be a right to give a slap a day,then people would act right and not do dumb Sh!t
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Wow that really sucks!! I'm lucky to know people that ask before lighting up!! The one humi I keep out for show is pretty much locked up lol since I don't trust the people that might be there when I am not. But I have explained to my ol lady what the sticks are and how rare or how much they cost, and to make sure if someone did take one they would actually apriciate it!!
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Rip, its your own fault for only having "beautiful women" in your humi. lol
  • VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    I just looked on google to see if anyone still has any at all...... After looking I have a new appreciation for the rarity of that stick.... seeing as there are none I can find for ya brother. Sorry for your loss.
  • SmokindaddySmokindaddy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,107
    I feel your pain lol.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    That SUUUUUUCKS!
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    I hurt for you!
  • OldBlueEyes2012OldBlueEyes2012 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 239
    That was very heart touching. But now we have to figure out how to hide his bruises.
  • NectarCigarNectarCigar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 171
    cannot believe some of those stories! i would be heated to say the least! I always hate when friends go into my cabinet because they are always too rough with the cigars, guess they do not realize how delicate they are. But at least they ask before lighting any of them up! That behike story takes the cake!!
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    That was pretty moving there, Riptide, but uh...that's kid's gotta learn to blame stuff on the help. You know what I'm saying? Pin it on the maid!
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Yeah, that's you're fault for not burning the dang thing while you had the chance. Give the yoot a fiver of Swishers for his tenth, and tell him go play with his own cigars.

Jam side falls down. Every time.

• jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Nice story but it still sucks. You might have salvaged part of it. You handled it very well.
    It's been a day and I am still hurting for you!
    webmost:
    Yeah, that's you're fault for not burning the dang thing while you had the chance. Give the yoot a fiver of Swishers for his tenth, and tell him go play with his own cigars.

Jam side falls down. Every time.

Well David, I smoked one out of three and now I have one left. Here is the review I did couple weeks ago. I think, I will never touch the one I have unless I can get some more.

On occasion Padron manufactures a special release to commemorate a significant family date or event. In 2000, a celebration of the Millennium was marked with a limited production of 1,000 cases of 100 individually and sequentially numbered cigars. Today, there are no cases available with the exception of Padron family’s personal collection(Source: Padron website) These cigars were rolled in 1999 and released in the year 2000 and aged 5 years before that. Until today, they are 18 years aged.
    Photobucket
    Wrapper: Nicaragua

Binder: Nicaragua

Filler: Special Millennium blend
    Photobucket
    Good looking and boxed pressed, the wrapper is dark brown chocolate color, toothy, slight veiny, no oil present. I am not surprised because of 18 years of aging. It feels good in hand. The cigar smells dry cedar, mild chocolate with a hint of caramel. The band is beautiful and numbered 002130. The cigar is extremely well constructed without any glitch. The flavor profile is dominated by sweet dark chocolate, creamy espresso, hazelnut, dark French roast style coffee, super mild peppery background, cedar, molasses with a hint of refined sweet caramel. It seemed extremely mellow out, completely smooth, it has a wonderful aged tobacco sweet- bitterness at the background which I enjoy from a aged cigar. It burns very well with smooth-sweetness and complexity. The ash is semi-white. It delivered perfect draw. This is a dream cigar specially for those who enjoy aged cigar with flavor, aroma, mellowness and complexity as opposed to the strength. This is straight a medium bodied cigar. There is no presence of ammonia at all or even a slight harshness. How many cigars can be so smooth like this? It is something like drinking natural sweet spring water after a long hike. I smoked it very slowly because I wanted to relax and enjoy the cigar. I neglected the time and wanted the time to wait for me. I did not allow the time to control me. The cigar and me were against the world during the smoke.
    Photobucket
    1/3: It starts with very mild pepper, sweet dark chocolate, creamy espresso flavor and aroma. Within few puffs the mild peppery note goes to the background. Talking about quick complexity. The top of my tongue feels the quick peppery note but disappear to back right away. The middle of my tongue feels the sweet dark chocolate, cedar, creamy espresso flavor and aroma. Interestingly the creaminess is not heavy or thick. It is kinda medium creamy with dry sweetness. The back of my tongue is clean without any aftertaste except slight and short lasted mild peppery kick. Reminds me of some aged Cuban cigars.
    Photobucket
    2/3: The cigar is picking up some strength with more complexity. The above flavor profile is fully present with little more sweet and spiciness. The sweetness added with some caramel flavor- close to vanilla flavored molasses. Some of us describe it as sweet-creamy, vanilla, espresso coffee with caramel flavor. The cigar is completely smooth. It is so mellow that sometime it is difficult to detect the quick change in complexity. However, the distinctive hazelnut and dark French style roast coffee flavor came out at this stage. The top of my tongue is really enjoying the mild sweet-spiciness. The middle of my tongue can feel the medium bodied thickness with above flavors and aroma. The sweet-dry cedar and hazelnut flavors are dancing. It comes and go with different strength in each puff. The tingly feeling inside my mouth is very pleasant. Taking about complexity. However, I was expecting long finish but the finish is medium to long. The back of the tongue is really enjoying the aged tobacco clean sweet-bitterness. Until now, I am retrohaling the cigar and it is simply amazing smoking experience. The complex smoothness of cigar is for retrohale to enjoy the background flavor and aroma of this cigar. This is the perfect example why some people cherish aged cigars and spend hundred and thousands of dollar in the auction. The ultimate joy of a cigars is hidden in the aging process. Of course not all the cigars perform well with aging but Padron does, specially their limited released cigars.
    Photobucket
    Final/3: At this stage, the cigar picked up little more strength but still medium bodied. During retrohale I am getting more distinctive black pepper spiciness but with the background of dry sweetness- very enjoyable feeling. Interestingly, the complete flavor profile of 1/3 and 2/3 is present. Few cigars can hold the flavor and aroma for this long and can add more flavors. I am also detecting some creamy moca flavor with a touch of mild clove, cinnamon and peach fruitiness. Wow! I rarely give cigars a score but this one will get 97 in my taste scale. This cigar stayed sweet throughout the smoke with ever changing complexity. At this stage the cigar has long finish. I just wish this long finish was present at the 2/3 stage. Still medium bodied.

Final thought: It is another beautiful light rainy day with clear sky in Managua. My heart and soul is full of joy. I took two hours and forty five minutes to smoke this gem. Finally, I beat the time without any rush. I love this cigar. This is one of the top three non- Cuban cigar in my list. I have to get some more if I can. Life is too short not to smoke a cigar like this. It is a luxuriant experience. This cigar puts me in a bliss approaching cigar nirvana.

Note: I dedicate this review to one of our great BOTL- Tony.
    I said yesterday that I wasn't sad but after reading my own review I am kinda depressed.