Home General Discussion

Breaking the Silence

90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
Well it's about time to break radio silence in my opinion lol.

I'd like to start off by saying that while my presence on the forum hasn't been seen in a while, when I have the ability to I do check in, and I have to say that I am truly proud of the growth and kindness of the Brotherhood at large and the character of my second home as well :D Those of you that I've been able to stay in touch with through PM or text have known how truly busy I am and some of the difficulties that have had plagued the Jarman household, but all said and done we're still here and all is and will be well ;)

Work has been difficult to say the least, but the long hours and massive overtime have significantly helped to put away money for the little one on the way and the quickly approaching move to our first place that Amanda, Peanut and I will call our own :D 70-90 hr weeks are the norm, but unfortunately got an injured shoulder that put me out for a little more than a week and a few other nasty health issues. Looking currently for a less physically demanding job to help keep the impact on the body less so we will see where that goes, but once again all good things will happen and soon I'm sure.

Amanda is doing great and is growing quickly, feeling better and having much better luck with the morning sickness! On my end I've had the good fortune and grace to have some great smokes lately and want to say thanks to all of the incredible brothers that had sent me these great smokes! Gave a Four Kicks Grand Corona a few weeks ago that absolutely blew me away (thanks Dennis!), and had a Diamond Crown Cabinet selection with Pops (I had been gifted two in the Atomic Bombing that I'd been hit with a while back from Glen thank you Sniper you are an animal!!!), an Avo Domaine from Greg which was truly incredible thank you brother, and several Tats including a Miami from Jiunn thank you man that is just a magnificent smoke!!!!

I'll be doing my best to be a bit more present on the boards, but dunno exactly what I can or can't promise yet. Did pick up a few new additions though that I've laid down for celebration when Peanut comes and the months after; a box of the Ramon Bueso Genesis The Project Torpedoes, a Mazo of 20 of the AB Black Market Robusto's, and courtesy of Tina when I placed my order with Ccom a three pack of My Father Special S robusto's that she felt would be the right little addition for the occasion of becoming a Dad! Ccom, the company and the forum, is truly an amazing place and is the reason that time and again this is the only place I will ever call my other home ;)

Talk with y'all soon brothers and sisters, Over and Out >:)

Irish

Comments

• rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Good to hear from you Brett. Hope things work out...welcome back!!!
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    rzaman:
    Good to hear from you Brett. Hope things work out...welcome back!!!
    Thanks Lord Rip, means a lot and I truly appreciate it ;) All will be well, of that I have no doubt!
  • JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    Welcome back Brett.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Welcome back Brett. Good to hear wife and baby are well. That sounds like a rough work schedule, but I'll take overtime any day...seems like money is that one thing you just never have enough of.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    90+ Irishman:
    Gave a Four Kicks Grand Corona a few weeks ago that absolutely blew me away (thanks Dennis!), and had a Diamond Crown Cabinet selection with Pops (I had been gifted two in the Atomic Bombing that I'd been hit with a while back from Glen thank you Sniper you are an animal!!!), an Avo Domaine from Greg which was truly incredible thank you brother, and several Tats including a Miami from Jiunn thank you man that is just a magnificent smoke!!!!
    Been out of pocket myself a good bit lately, great to hear that the Irish household is by and large doing well. Credit where credit is due though fellas - the Atomic Bombing Brett references was all Arameas, not me. I was just one of the tools he used to lay the smack down! LOL
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Hope you pace yourself and best of luck on these life changing events!!
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    Good to see you back, brother!
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Brett, good to see you around brother. Now that I am home, I need to give you a call and chat!
  • StreaterStreater Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 293
    Welcome back, Homeslice. Sorry to hear about the injury and the job. You are too intelligent to be doing that anyway. I am confident that you will find the right job soon. Don't be worried. I know this maaaan!
    j0z3r:
    Welcome back Brett. Good to hear wife and baby are well. That sounds like a rough work schedule, but I'll take overtime any day...seems like money is that one thing you just never have enough of.
    Thanks for the well wishes Joe ;) Like I said, it's trying and there are difficulties but all will be fine and having the OT pay (sometime 50 hrs a week of OT... Yeah 90 hrs in a week no joke) while I can do it. Just read on CNN that DISH is the No. 1 worst company in the USA to work for, and I can vouch for that lol. Got a job prospect on Tuesday for better pay and no manual labor so we shall see what becomes of it. Hope all is well on your front Joe, and absolute best wishes to you and yours as well :)
    The Sniper:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gave a Four Kicks Grand Corona a few weeks ago that absolutely blew me away (thanks Dennis!), and had a Diamond Crown Cabinet selection with Pops (I had been gifted two in the Atomic Bombing that I'd been hit with a while back from Glen thank you Sniper you are an animal!!!), an Avo Domaine from Greg which was truly incredible thank you brother, and several Tats including a Miami from Jiunn thank you man that is just a magnificent smoke!!!!
    Been out of pocket myself a good bit lately, great to hear that the Irish household is by and large doing well. Credit where credit is due though fellas - the Atomic Bombing Brett references was all Arameas, not me. I was just one of the tools he used to lay the smack down! LOL
    Thanks Glen, and yes Antonio was the ring leader and evil genius that lead and bled this attack and I'm truly humbled to the core still for every brother and sister involved, thank you all! The Diamond Crown Connie's were the cats azz though, very very smooth creamy and mild until the last inch or two where it builds quickly yet elegantly.... Superb, thank you for the matching pair Glen, being able to share one with my father was quite the unique and special treat!
    marineatbn03:
    Brett, good to see you around brother. Now that I am home, I need to give you a call and chat!
    GREAT to see you safe and sound stateside bro, can't tell you how glad I am you made it back safe!!!! Definitely give me a ring, PM me or Skype but either way we need to talk... I have something lined up for you that is long overdue ;)
    To my closest brothers and brotherhood, Chris, Dan, Justin and all my other bros thank you for the sincere and warm welcome back, it is truly a blessing to have the opportunity right now to be back and talking with my other family ;) Radio silence over so keep talking, I'll be listening ;)
  • Medic45Medic45 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,886
    Welcome back brother. I have also been on a retreat doing some RC airplane stuff....
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Wow, Brett and Brian both in the same thread? A miracle!!! Bwahahahahaha! Great to have BOTH of you back on the forum even though I text you just about everyday! haha!
    Medic45:
    Welcome back brother. I have also been on a retreat doing some RC airplane stuff....
    Thanks Brian, great to hear from you my friend and congrats on the retreat sounds like a blast!
    mmccartneydc:
    Wow, Brett and Brian both in the same thread? A miracle!!! Bwahahahahaha! Great to have BOTH of you back on the forum even though I text you just about everyday! haha!
    Preciate it Doc ;) Love being able to talk with you and some of the other brothers even when I can't make it into the forum, thanks again bro ;)
  • Medic45Medic45 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,886
    yes many thanks..
  • kevin1323kevin1323 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    Prayers to your family Brett. I hope everything is smooth sailing. (work/baby/life)
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Hey Irish, nice to hear from you. The extra cash may be nice but it will burn you out quickly . Take care of your health too.
    kevin1323:
    Prayers to your family Brett. I hope everything is smooth sailing. (work/baby/life)
    Kevin I don't recall having the pleasure of meeting you or introducing myself; thank you for your generous words and kindness they are much appreciated! Welcome to the forum (quite belated but welcome none the less lol) and its a pleasure to meet you brother ;)
    kaspera79:
    Hey Irish, nice to hear from you. The extra cash may be nice but it will burn you out quickly . Take care of your health too.
    Thanks Kas it's nice to be heard again lol! And yeah I agree 100%, the money is necessary and is a great benefit but it's better for me to be there and have a life and time with my wife and child than for my wallet to be there. The new job opportunity I'm looking into on Tuesday says they will pay double what I'm making now with far fewer hours and is commission based (something I need to get used to since I'll be pursuing sales from here on out) and is with a health club so I may even have the benefit of being healthier as well.
  • kevin1323kevin1323 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    90+ Irishman:
    kevin1323:
    Kevin I don't recall having the pleasure of meeting you or introducing myself; thank you for your generous words and kindness they are much appreciated! Welcome to the forum (quite belated but welcome none the less lol) and its a pleasure to meet you brother ;)
    You just wait Brett...that little guy or gal will eat up more time than you can imagine. I mean that in a good way!
  • BombayBombay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,207
    Glad to see everything is moving in the right direction and welcome back.
  • *Petey**Petey* Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 375
    Glad to hear the good baby news brett, keep on truckin, man. Being a dad will be even more work, than your in now, but so worth it.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    Medic45:

By "retreat" he means sneaky off to play with his toys while he's on duty... Yup, thrown under the bus!!!
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Good to see ya back sir!