Home General Discussion

Drew Estates La Vieja Habana Connecticut - thougths

spokspok Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 35
I've not posted here in a long time, the harsh PNW winter really kept my cigar pleasures confined to my garage and then I had almost no opportunity to enjoy at all. I've been enjoying our late arriving summer a lot more now and recently sampled one of my Drew Estates La Vieja Habana Connecticut that I purchased last fall from Cigar.com. Many online reviews suggest either its well liked or completely hated...I personally enjoy the mild flavor with the Connecticut wrapper with a morning cup of coffee or with a soda just before supper. I see this site doesn't carry or is out so I went to an alternate site to get more. Anyone have an input to this lil jem? I really enjoy the stick.

Comments

• bigfnstevebigfnsteve Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,290
    Woah another guy from Washington Yayeeeer! Welcome back from hybernation!
    Sadly I have no experience with this stick.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    ive had it. it isnt bad. it is a mixed filler and i have no problem handing them out to friends and non-smokers to give em a shot. i like the others in the line a bit more. but i cant complain with that one.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    I enjoyed it for the price point, it's betterthan others in it's range....go hawks
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    I like the La Vieja Habana line. They are inexpensive, decent smokes. I keep a few of the La Vieja Habana Cameroon Belicosos on hand. If you remember what they are, they are half decent smokes.
    If you try and compare them to a long filler premium, then you may not like them.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Hi David, Welcome back, after picking the moss out from between your toes... I know your pain but like BigFer I'm not familiar with that stick but do enjoy Drew Estates.
  • spokspok Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 35
    0patience:
    I like the La Vieja Habana line. They are inexpensive, decent smokes.I keep a few of the La Vieja Habana Cameroon Belicosos on hand. If you remember what they are, they are half decent smokes.
    If you try and compare them to a long filler premium, then you may not like them.
    so how are the cameroon wrapped ones?
  • spokspok Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 35
    Bigshizza:
    Hi David, Welcome back, after picking the moss out from between your toes... I know your pain but like BigFer I'm not familiar with that stick but do enjoy Drew Estates.
    Thanks, glad to be back
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    spok:
    0patience:
    I like the La Vieja Habana line. They are inexpensive, decent smokes.I keep a few of the La Vieja Habana Cameroon Belicosos on hand. If you remember what they are, they are half decent smokes.
    so how are the cameroon wrapped ones?
    Personally, I like the cameroon ones, but I'm a bit of a cameroon fiend.
    The thing you have to remember is that they are short/mixed fillers. They have a tendency to burn hot.
    Every once in a while, I get some that will burn funny, so they take a little maintenance sometimes.
    For the cost, they are a step above decent.