Home General Discussion

I am sold on Xicar Lighters

VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
I left mine out in the rain over night. Still fires up. It was sitting in 90deg weather all day so it dried out nice. Fired right up. Just my .02

Comments

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    I've had my vectors go thru the laundry and dryer more then once still work perfectly fine lol
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    My xi crossover went through the washer and is still going strong
  • VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    Ive always had to double pump mine but on the second hit boom flame everytime. I still wish my 101 softflame worked.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    But I do like my xikar cutter
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    I love my Bugatti but its so damn finicky with butane lately and I purge every other fillup ... I recently purchased the Xikar xtx single and really like it although it's much smaller than the Bugatti and no punch. I recently was in NY at a B&M and was looking for Xikar butane and had an interesting conversation with a kid that works there and does lighter repairs ..... He advised me they didn't sell Xikar butane but assured me the fuel they sold in a 10 fluid oz can was every bit as good as the Xikar fuel and 6.95 which is dirt cheap. I figured worst case I'm out 7 bucks. I went home and purged the two lighters and a cheap jetline triple torch that Jsnake sent that's never really worked and filled them all and now all three lighters work flawlessly.
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 771
    kingjk729:
    I love my Bugatti but its so damn finicky with butane lately and I purge every other fillup ... I recently purchased the Xikar xtx single and really like it although it's much smaller than the Bugatti and no punch. I recently was in NY at a B&M and was looking for Xikar butane and had an interesting conversation with a kid that works there and does lighter repairs ..... He advised me they didn't sell Xikar butane but assured me the fuel they sold in a 10 fluid oz can was every bit as good as the Xikar fuel and 6.95 which is dirt cheap. I figured worst case I'm out 7 bucks. I went home and purged the two lighters and a cheap jetline triple torch that Jsnake sent that's never really worked and filled them all and now all three lighters work flawlessly.
    I know I write this a lot but vectron fluid is the best I've found and I've used many types. I have not had one problem with my colobri hybrid Or the black ops I got a Cigarfest.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    My obsessive-compulsive-cigar-dor has me owning a Xikar lighter, but I always use the cheap lighters for fear of ruining the xikar.... I love it though!
  • The buffalonianThe buffalonian Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 919
    I have always been a match guy since i stated smoking gars but i've been debating on getting on for a while.Is it really worth getting one?
  • VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    The buffalonian:
    I have always been a match guy since i stated smoking gars but i've been debating on getting on for a while.Is it really worth getting one?

I was too.... Now lighter only.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    The buffalonian:
    just get a soft flame. its all the plusses on a butane lighter with fewer of the match negatives.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    kuzi16:
    The buffalonian:
    just get a soft flame. its all the plusses on a butane lighter with fewer of the match negatives.
    is the xikar ex a soft flame? I'm pretty sure, but I've seen it called both... could I take it on an airplane? (I know torches are never allowed, soft flames, yes)
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i wouldnt chance it on a plane. it is soft flame. i have one. i love it . i cant thank laker enough for hooking me up with this. best lighter i ever had
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Today is my birthday so the wife is buying me the Ellipse II lighter. I liked the way it looked, anyone have one of these?
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    kuzi16:
    i wouldnt chance it on a plane. it is soft flame. i have one. i love it . i cant thank laker enough for hooking me up with this. best lighter i ever had
    How's it do with a light wind/breeze.
    I love my matches but they end up being more trouble than they're worth if there's any sort of wind so I just pull out my torch more and say heck with it.

Would a soft flame lighter work like matches or a torch lighter in windy conditions, any idea?
  • nickiamnickiam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 603
    Lasabar:
    My obsessive-compulsive-cigar-dor has me owning a Xikar lighter, but I always use the cheap lighters for fear of ruining the xikar.... I love it though!

dont be scared to ruin your xikar...they stand by their products and will repair/or replace it no questions asked if you are not happy with it. I had to send my xikar lighter back and I had a new one within 2 weeks.