Home General Discussion

Got my new humi in today :( Now with pics

VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
So I went ahead and scooped up an "Imperfect/Nicks/Scratches Humi this week. I recieved it in today and WOW what a total let down. I knew there could be an ingraving on the glass which there was (Close to my wife's initials so not a prob at all). But the let down is that the Hygrometer was totally broken..... All the guts smashed out, There is a good SMASHED in corner, and the top piece of wood that hold the glass down is lifted slightly. Now....... I massaged the corner down so it looks good and pushed the top down a little better. I will need to buy a hygro (dont even think about it :) ) which sort of sucks but other then that I THINK its live-able. Would you guys just say eff it and keep it (IF... Big IF it holds humidity) or would you call/return it?

Thanks for reading.... It just sucks because I want to start on seasoning it but will need to hold off till monday. What a total let down.

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Imo those analog hygro are useless anyways. As long as it seals the hole then you're ok.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    I'd say return it - imperfects are cheaper because there's a cosmetic imperfection in the wood, or a small dent in some small corner that doesn't affect the humi. It DOESN'T mean the hygro is smashed or there's a smashed corner - that's not an imperfect, that's a POS that needs to be thrown out.
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,922
    Pete I have an extra Hygrometer and can get it to you when I get home
  • VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    robertgreen30:
    Pet I have an extra Hygrometer and can get it to you when I get home

Thanks bro but this POS is going back. There is just way too much wrong with it. I will get pics up asap and see what people think then.
    Vision:
    robertgreen30:
    Pet I have an extra Hygrometer and can get it to you when I get home

Thanks bro but this POS is going back. There is just way too much wrong with it. I will get pics up asap and see what people think then.
    No problem. If you need it let me know
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    I love getting a new humi, just hate setting it up.
    phobicsquirrel:
    I love getting a new humi, just hate setting it up.

I enjoy the seasoning part of it. Its like waiting for XMas. I just hate when its broken.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    yeah broken isn't good.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,563
    Vision:
    So I went ahead and scooped up an "Imperfect/Nicks/Scratches Humi this week. I recieved it in today and WOW what a total let down. I knew there could be an ingraving on the glass which there was (Close to my wife's initials so not a prob at all). But the let down is that the Hygrometer was totally broken..... All the guts smashed out, There is a good SMASHED in corner, and the top piece of wood that hold the glass down is lifted slightly. Now....... I massaged the corner down so it looks good and pushed the top down a little better. I will need to buy a hygro (dont even think about it :) ) which sort of sucks but other then that I THINK its live-able. Would you guys just say eff it and keep it (IF... Big IF it holds humidity) or would you call/return it?

Thanks for reading.... It just sucks because I want to start on seasoning it but will need to hold off till monday. What a total let down.
    I would guess from a long conversation that I had with the people at that site before I ordered that the break happened in shipping, and is not the imperfection. I would call. The important quote from the site is "Nothing at all that compromises the humidors ability to perform correctly. This is just cosmetic damage."
    jthanatos:
    Vision:

I would guess from a long conversation that I had with the people at that site before I ordered that the break happened in shipping, and is not the imperfection. I would call. The important quote from the site is "Nothing at all that compromises the humidors ability to perform correctly. This is just cosmetic damage."

100% agreed.
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

Shipping damage... I agree... still sucks
  • seagarloverseagarlover Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 437
    I'm sorry but in my opinion, and this is just MY opinion I would return it asap.
  • Rail JockeyRail Jockey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 758
    Pm to you vision.
    seagarlover:
    I'm sorry but in my opinion, and this is just MY opinion I would return it asap.

Hope to on Monday. If it was one or two bumps i would be cool with it. But this is smoked.
  • SmokindaddySmokindaddy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,107
    Peter im so sorry this happened. Hopefully you can get it taken care of.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Send her back man..they'll stand behind their product..or else we will rise up!!
  • ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
    Yeah, I'd send that back. My wife bought me a blem humidor a few years ago, and I'm still not sure what they considered to be a blemish. The only thing I can find wrong with it is a tool mark on the Spanish cedar lining, which is barely noticeable only if the humidor is open and empty.
  • StreaterStreater Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 293
    Bigshizza:
    Send her back man..they'll stand behind their product..or else we will rise up!!
    There is so much truth to this comment, it's scary.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Streater:
    Bigshizza:
    Yup!
    Explain to them that you talked to the guys on the "Cigar forum" that you are a member of and they said to give them a chance to make it right, before all of them boycott their company.

That usually will get them to sit up and take notice. And if it doesn't, I have no problem adding them to my "DO NOT do business with" list.
    0patience:
    Streater:
    Bigshizza:
    Yup!
    Explain to them that you talked to the guys on the "Cigar forum" that you are a member of and they said to give them a chance to make it right, before all of them boycott their company.

That usually will get them to sit up and take notice. And if it doesn't, I have no problem adding them to my "DO NOT do business with" list.
    +1
    0patience:
    Streater:
    Bigshizza:
    Yup!

Thanks for all the support guys! I really appreciate it. Tomorrow we will find out. Until then my 50ct is busting at the seams! LOL
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    What happened with this??
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    That thing looks ROUGH.
    The Kid:

After a few weeks it was replaced. I didnt want to drag it out. I wanted to bash them but ...... I didnt. They did replace it but the guy who I spoke to wasnt fun at all
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Vision:
    The Kid:

After a few weeks it was replaced. I didnt want to drag it out. I wanted to bash them but ...... I didnt. They did replace it but the guy who I spoke to wasnt fun at all
    Well alls well that ends well
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Vision:
    The Kid:

Well, duh...you made him work.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Vision:
    The Kid:

Glad they replaced it for you....

sounds like the same experience I had with a retailer that offered "cheap"er cigar related items. Just helps put into perspective how good CCOM's customer service is, doesn't it?