Home General Discussion

How to - Wine Fridge Humidor

2»

Comments

• Joel H.Joel H. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 101
    after seeing a few of these pics i think im going to go this route as well. thanks for the info guys!
  • jeff_connorsjeff_connors Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 483
    I aired out my 12 bottle wine cooler and not awaiting the beads...building some shevles next week...I have a general question about seasoning the wine cooler... should I just put the dry beads in with a dish of distilled water ..like a regular humidor and wait for the cedar to stableize...... then put the cigars in...should i run the fridge while i'm seasoning? ect....or...something else
  • niz33niz33 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 83
    jeff_connors:
    I aired out my 12 bottle wine cooler and not awaiting the beads...building some shevles next week...I have a general question about seasoning the wine cooler... should I just put the dry beads in with a dish of distilled water ..like a regular humidor and wait for the cedar to stableize...... then put the cigars in...should i run the fridge while i'm seasoning? ect....or...something else
    Run the fridge while you are seasoning it. But only put the beads in if they are fully charge and if they are the 70% ones. If they are not the 70% do not put them in. They will only slow down the process. Put them in as soon as you think the cedar has soaked up enough humidity. Beads work two ways they release humidity when needed and they absorb humidity as well.
    kent1146:...Hows the wine-fridgeador coming along? I have pretty much the same model..just started running it yesterday, any advise I'm having trouble keeping the humidity down, got almost a pound of the heartfelt beads in there and still the humidity is getting high around 80% at the bottom..beads are not fully charged .....the fridge is packed solid with a cedar shelve on every slot, the cooler is runing , keeping the cigars at 18degrees C, that the highest setting the thing has......the fan runs all the time, which is a good thing
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    What are you guys using to bond the shelves together? Glue, nails, staples? If so, what kind? Are there kinds I should stay away from?
    I used wood glue, lepage I think...my fathers a carpenter of sorts..he said no smell. you could use staple nails and glue if your working with thicker wood and have a driver