Home General Discussion

EVERY DAY SMOKE/GO TO CIGAR

124»

Comments

• edelrionycedelrionyc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 312
    I smoke whatever i want thats in my humi. Right now i'm filled with Oliva V and A. Turrent Triple Plays. I bought two boxes each of those. I love these smokes. But when i do not have the time to sit and relax for one of these cigars i have a separete humi thats filled with just A Fernandez Fresh Rolled Maduro Corona Size. These little things are tasty. I only smoke them though when i don't have the time to finish off a whole Olive or Triple Play. I guess you can call these my everyday smokes.
  • VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    I may be in the minority but I smoke for the experience. I like to sit in the back and enjoy a smoke no matter the cigar.
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,290
    Vision:
    I may be in the minority but I smoke for the experience. I like to sit in the back and enjoy a smoke no matter the cigar.
    +1 man.. that's what your paying for... is a experience. Cigars are allot like travelling in that aspect.
    bigfnsteve:
    Vision:
    +1 man.. that's what your paying for... is a experience. Cigars are allot like travelling in that aspect.

If I could hang out with some of you guys would it matter what was in my mouth (I opened that up for jokes). We would be talking about the Red Sox sucking, Patriots going back to the superbowl an how good looking I am..... Well maybe not exactly that... but you get my point. Reviewing a $40 smoke = Cool, Enjoying a $3 smoke with friends.... Priceless! Cheesey huh!?!?
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,290
    jgibv:
    Bigshizza:
    Hey John, we should split a box one of these days!! I don't have a lot of time so these Room 101 Nama's are great!!
    Heck yeah, Jim. I'm thinking maybe sometime later in the fall/closer to Christmas will be my next "big purchase".
    Just saw Rudy (The Kid's) post in TPB thread about splitting a box of these...very tempting but I've already spent lots of $$ on cigar recently and have a ton of "new to me" cigars that I need to smoke. Just can't justify getting anymore right now, ya know?
    jliu:
    ok ok back to cooking mama
    Dude! My fiance loves that game....I've tried to play it but am pretty terrible. What platform do you play it on - Wii, DS, other?

@bigfnsteve - I love that Entourage scene you posted the Youtube video of, might be one of the best. That and when Ari takes the paintball gun into Terrence's agency right after he buys it. My fiance and I just rewatched all 8 seasons earlier this summer, that was a fantastic show.
    And did you hear there's an Entourage movie supposedly "in the works"? Last I heard they were still finalizing the script then had to get it approved by the studio, get the cast on board, etc. but I hope it pans out. I'd love to see those guys on the "big screen".
    /thread jack rant.
    Yeah man I love entourage. Ari is by far one of the funniest characters ever devised. As far as the movie I hadn`t heard that. Imm marky mark could pull it off though!
  • jthanatosjthanatos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,563
    Vision:
    bigfnsteve:
    Vision:

If I could hang out with some of you guys would it matter what was in my mouth (I opened that up for jokes). We would be talking about the Red Sox sucking, Patriots going back to the superbowl an how good looking I am..... Well maybe not exactly that... but you get my point. Reviewing a $40 smoke = Cool, Enjoying a $3 smoke with friends.... Priceless! Cheesey huh!?!?
    I always seem to find myself handing my 'spendy' sticks off to friends when we get together. I already know I like it, I enjoy seeing if others do too.

My biggest issue with an "everyday" stick is I usually only get 45 minutes to an hour a night ... if that... for smoking during the week. Hard to enjoy any but the smallest sizes in that time...and even then, I feel like I am rushing and smoking too hot. Hoping things will calm down this fall.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Vision:
    Wouldn't say your in the minority...all sticks should be enjoyed!! But take for instance a few of my favorite sticks are pretty dang pricey so I wouldn't want to smoke a $20-$30 stick every day! Although it would be nice but I'm not filthy rich. For me the everyday stick is a enjoyable one that is consistent and not gonna break the bank! Thanks to this forum I've tried a ton of sticks I probably would have walked away from that ended up being very enjoyable!! And now I'm just building up even more to have on hand when I feel in a certain mood. So to get back at it I'm changing my everyday stick to the partagas 1845...it's pretty dang good and doesn't break the bank!!
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    jthanatos:
    My biggest issue with an "everyday" stick is I usually only get 45 minutes to an hour a night ... if that... for smoking during the week. Hard to enjoy any but the smallest sizes in that time...and even then, I feel like I am rushing and smoking too hot. Hoping things will calm down this fall.
    Yes, and to add to that....
    ....that's why I've had a hard time burning some of my harder-to-find, higher $$ sticks. Because I don't want to light it up, smoke half the cigar and then have something come up and have to leave/be forced to put it out. Especially if it's a cigar that I can't easily get again.
  • bigjohn125bigjohn125 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 476
    Vision:
    bigfnsteve:
    Vision:

I agree completely! Unfortunately, none of my friends smoke, so I use this forum as my "herf". When I'm smoking, I have this forum up. I read a lot, and comment a little. I've learned not to hate on anyone's idea of a good cigar. To each their own. Its all about enjoyment, whatever that might be to you.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    bigfnsteve:
    Yeah man I love entourage. Ari is by far one of the funniest characters ever devised. As far as the movie I hadn`t heard that. Imm marky mark could pull it off though!
    Hell yes, Ari is awesome. I always wonder if that's how Jeremy Piven carries himself in real life too, you gotta think that since he plays Ari so well - the character's persona has to creep into his real life as well.
    Check out Marky Mark talking about the Entourage movie here
  • seagarloverseagarlover Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 437
    edelrionyc, I was given one of the AJ FRESH ROLLED as a gift, I made a snap judgment, I'm going to purchase a few on my next order and give em a chance, after reading your post I relized I did not want to try to like them, so I will try again
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Vision:
    bigfnsteve:
    Vision:

If I could hang out with some of you guys would it matter what was in my mouth (I opened that up for jokes). We would be talking about the Red Sox sucking, Patriots going back to the superbowl an how good looking I am..... Well maybe not exactly that... but you get my point. Reviewing a $40 smoke = Cool, Enjoying a$3w smoke with friends.... Priceless! Cheesey huh!?!?
    Peter, not cheesy at all. I'd love to chit chat with you about the Red Sox sucking lolol. Then shortly after we can talk about how the Angels are sucking as well. But yeah, let's just make sure that its a stogie that's in your mouth hehe.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    danielzreyes:
    Vision:
    bigfnsteve:
    Vision:

If I could hang out with some of you guys would it matter what was in my mouth (I opened that up for jokes). We would be talking about the Red Sox sucking, Patriots going back to the superbowl an how good looking I am..... Well maybe not exactly that... but you get my point. Reviewing a $40 smoke = Cool, Enjoying a$3w smoke with friends.... Priceless! Cheesey huh!?!?
    Peter, not cheesy at all. I'd love to chit chat with you about the Red Sox sucking lolol. Then shortly after we can talk about how the Angels are sucking as well. But yeah, let's just make sure that its a stogie that's in your mouth hehe.
    I'd dig hangin and talking about the Red Sox, Angels and Mariners sucking booty...that would awesome!!
    I usually hand my dad a cigar and say "Give this one a shot". Now my dad was a Te-Amo and La Unica smoker untill I got into the hobby. he will ask how much did that one cost and I will tell him "It was part of a sampler" About half way thru I will ask what he thinks and his usual response is "smooooth". Thats when I tell him it was my only Padron 1964. I get a kick out of seeing him smoke a $15 stick knowing he would never pay that. That is my idea cigar smoking. I also try to only smoke ones that are given to me from members on this forum and shout it out to them. Its fun
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Vision:
    Definitely not in the minority. I know that is the reason I smoke cigars. It is my relaxing time.

seagarlover:
    KUZI16, Thank You for the comment on my original post, I'M GOING TO START FRESH, THIS IS A NEW DAY. I want to say i'm SORRY to all of U, I love this SITE so much, I look forward to it everyday. so again (SORRY TO ALL) to me this is the only CGAR site on the NET. I'm going tyo get back into what our hobby is all about, I do love it as much as I say, this is the best I can do I hope it is OK.
    Not to try and step on any toes, but I'm not sure why you are apologizing.
    We're all a big happy family (along the lines of the Adam's Family, but still) and every family has it's misunderstandings. We resolve those misunderstandings and move on. That's what families do.
    It's all good Bro!
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    Lately it seems that my go to stick has been the Gran Habano 3SLS ..... just a great cheap smoke in my opinion and for the price I paid its in the yard gar range but is nothing like a yard gar ..... I smoke them if there's a chance of some nasty weather moving in or on the golf course .... I'm looking to snag a box of Private Stock long fillers as I recently had one and was extremely satisfied and am looking to try the Ramon Bueso Genesis project.