Home General Discussion

overwhelmed!?

reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
just got my first order from ccom!
best of vs sampler
vegas 5 collection
and best of 2011collection
i have to say my humidor looks much better now!! my only question is....where to start??

Comments

• TridentTrident Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,005
    Great pick ups. And to answer on where to start. I would suggest you open the humi and pull a stick out. Take the cello of and go through your lighting technique and smoke it. Oh and somewhere in there, pour yourself a fabulous drink of your choice. Then sit and enjoy! Just my two cents.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Good advice.. just start! It doesn't matter where! If you got a Miami in the Vegas sampler, those are some of my favorites, just sayin. Enjoy!
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    Is your Humi full? If not, send me your addy for safe keeping ;)
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Can't go wrong starting with the 5vegas line IMO. Make sure to save atleast 1 of each of those VS's and let them age atleast 6months. I had one left from when I first started and forgot about it in the humi! Smoked it a couple weeks ago and it was MUCH MUCH better!
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    firetruckguy:
    Is your Humi full? If not, send me your addy for safe keeping ;)
    Don't do it! It's a trap. Don't look into the light!! ROFL!!
    On second thought, we need entertainment, give him your addy.
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    actually started with the 5 vegas gold! and i was thinking i should keep a couple in there for awhile, being new i would like to taste the difference
  • VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    reggie713:
    actually started with the 5 vegas gold! and i was thinking i should keep a couple in there for awhile, being new i would like to taste the difference

I had a Vic Sinc for close to a year in my humi. I was BLOWN AWAY how it turned out with that much rest on it. The Gold was a great start. Did you get any of the Vic Cameroon?
    yes i did, i think next up is the vic bamboo
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    do what me and ban ban have been doing lately. just close your eyes and play that claw arcade game. it's fun
  • seagarloverseagarlover Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 437
    Reggie, I know what U are going through, but, my problem is not what to smoke, my problem starts long before that point, this is the tyime of the month that i go through the C.COM CATALOG and the WEBSITE by the end of three days I have a trash can that is hidden under about 3 reams of paper, I make a list and I throw it away, I do this for three days every month. I was around when you wanted a CGAR you had only a few options. No such thing as a sample, U bought a box or U did not smoke.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Trident:
    Great pick ups. And to answer on where to start. I would suggest you open the humi and pull a stick out. Take the cello of and go through your lighting technique and smoke it. Oh and somewhere in there, pour yourself a fabulous drink of your choice. Then sit and enjoy! Just my two cents.
    Best advise ever lol your gonna burn a lot of sticks before you figure out what you preffer!! So start burning and enjoying and buying!!
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Trident:
    Best advise ever lol your gonna burn a lot of sticks before you figure out what you preffer!! So start burning and enjoying and buying!!

These guys are right, Reggie. I've been searching for my favorite(s) for a few years, now, and I'm still unfulfilled. Still searching. But I'll tell ya, it's been a helluva lot of enjoyment along the way. And having your favorite beverage along for the ride just makes it better.

• jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    It is always a tough choice when I open my humidor. There are the cigars I know and love and then there are the cigars that are new and I am dying to try them. Usually I judge what to smoke with what I am about to do. Am I smoking at work, grilling, hanging out on the deck, etc. Certain cigars I know I want to sit and savor while others I already know to be good are great for when I am doing an activity. Of course you could always smoke multiple sticks. The most I have ever done is 3 in a day which is just right for me.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    reggie713:
    just got my first order from ccom! best of vs sampler vegas 5 collection and best of 2011collection i have to say my humidor looks much better now!! my only question is....where to start??
    Rock paper scissors...
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    reggie713:

Hey, a lot of people sleep on Victor Sinclair's cigars. I'm not a big fan myself. But, I wonder what you thought of that particular one. I happen to have a few left from a bundle I got almost two years ago. It was a 6` 60. I always drink sweat tea with it or water. If I remember correctly, it's mild at best medium strength. But the sweetness from the tea paired very nicely with that cigar IMO. Shoot, I wonder what the time has done to this cigar now. Hope you enjoyed it.
    I read somewhere that the bamboo is the mildest of the vs line, didn't try it yet, maybe after work!
  • VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    RCY Cigars:
    reggie713:

Hey, a lot of people sleep on Victor Sinclair's cigars. I'm not a big fan myself. But, I wonder what you thought of that particular one. I happen to have a few left from a bundle I got almost two years ago. It was a 6` 60. I always drink sweat tea with it or water. If I remember correctly, it's mild at best medium strength. But the sweetness from the tea paired very nicely with that cigar IMO. Shoot, I wonder what the time has done to this cigar now. Hope you enjoyed it.
    I think with most inexpensive sticks, they need lots of rest. I had a VS Cameroon Boxpress sitting for close to a year. Smooth, not a ton of flavor or change/complexity but it was VERY sweet.
    thanx for all the input, ive been going with the grab and go routine! although i did pick out a few to age for a few months!!