Home General Discussion

When Is the Best Time to Smoke?

ElliotBoudinElliotBoudin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1
I love smoking cigars. I recently wrote a blog post about my favorite times to smoke a cigar and I posted it on my blog.

Vote for your favorite occasion to smoke!

http://www.bnbtobacco.com/blog/index.php/10-great-ways-to-enjoy-a-cigar-vote-on-your-favorite/

Light 'em up!

Comments

• mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Definitely going with "Just because"
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    mmccartneydc:
    Definitely going with "Just because"
    +1.... My answer...right now
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    I'll say the best time to smoke is when you're awake
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    robbyras:
    +1. LOL
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    robbyras:
    I have to disagree. I prefer to smoke when I'm half asleep, lol
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Puttering around in the garage.
  • Lift603Lift603 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 253
  • Bklyn78Bklyn78 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 65
    Lift603:
    After work
    thats when i enjoy it the most. When working for the public sweating your a$$ off and hearing everyones problems its one of the few things that really brings my day to a relaxing close.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    After a hard days work relaxing with a nice cold drink
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    When I have enough time to enjoy the smoke and not rush is the best!!! If I have time in the am great, pm great, whenever but as long as I have time!!!! I feel that is the best time!!!
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    MVW67:
    When I have enough time to enjoy the smoke and not rush is the best!!! If I have time in the am great, pm great, whenever but as long as I have time!!!! I feel that is the best time!!!

+1... Got to be able to relax and enjoy it without feeling rushed
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    We socialize regularly with about 20 people, we're all good friends, and enjoy each other's company a lot. BUT there's this one gal who's one of those anti- smokiing fanatics, and I really LOVE to fire up one of my cigars when she's around, just to see her fume. It always gives me the opportunity to remind her that I live in a free country too.

Second best is on a rainy afternoon sitting on my covered porch with a bit of my favorite whiskey.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    Anytime really.
    After you accomplish something is nice. Got the deck stained, cleaned the basement, pay the house off, whatever. Seems to taste better when you can mull these things over while you smoke.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    Ken Light:
    robbyras:
    I have to disagree. I prefer to smoke when I'm half asleep, lol
    half asleep is when you smoke the cheap ish...
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Anytime, anywhere, doing anything, with anybody.
  • TonyChbeirTonyChbeir Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7
    Lee.mcglynn:
    After a hard days work relaxing with a nice cold drink
    +1, especially this time of year!
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    The very best time for me is when the monster-in-law and my wife's idiot brother come visiting.
    I go inside and puff like a chimney. When they complain, I puff even more.
    It is so satisfying. Although, I hear about it later from my bride. LOL!
    But it is so worth it.
  • nickiamnickiam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 603
    My favorite time is after work in the gazebo that is designated as the smoking area with my noise cancelling headphones in so i cant hear all the loud, rude, annoying young soldiers that try and ruin my happy time. I hate living in the barracks...i need a wife so i dont have to anymore.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    JDH:
    We socialize regularly with about 20 people, we're all good friends, and enjoy each other's company a lot. BUT there's this one gal who's one of those anti- smokiing fanatics, and I really LOVE to fire up one of my cigars when she's around, just to see her fume. It always gives me the opportunity to remind her that I live in a free country too.

Second best is on a rainy afternoon sitting on my covered porch with a bit of my favorite whiskey.
    LOL
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Lately it's been after dinner almost everyday. However if I smoke a maduro after dinner, I feel like I'm eating yet another meal trying to smoke it. It can be a struggle at times. I know it's a bit off topic, but anyone else have this happen to them?
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I like to smoke and then post about it in a forum that I just joined to get some more traffic.
    That usually is the best time to smoke.

I AM being a dlck here, but you will find that if you actually become a member of the forums that you will gain many more followers than spamming us.

So in conclusion, the best time to smoke is when I'm among FRIENDS not advertisers...
  • SchroozSchrooz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 165
    After yadrwork or house maintenance stuff.
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    danielzreyes:
    Lately it's been after dinner almost everyday. However if I smoke a maduro after dinner, I feel like I'm eating yet another meal trying to smoke it. It can be a struggle at times. I know it's a bit off topic, but anyone else have this happen to them?
    Yep, some cigars are a meal all by themselves. I try to enjoy them after a very hearty "big meal", like a good steak.
  • T.J. ArmstrongT.J. Armstrong Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 256
    Lasabar:
    I like to smoke and then post about it in a forum that I just joined to get some more traffic.

I AM being a dlck here, but you will find that if you actually become a member of the forums that you will gain many more followers than spamming us.

So in conclusion, the best time to smoke is when I'm among FRIENDS not advertisers...
    +1, I am sure most of us noticed that the thread was started by someone with only 1 post, but I am glad someone who has been on here a while is the one to call it out :-) Seemed like a setup to drive traffic to their site instead of Ccom.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    T.J. Armstrong:
    Lasabar:

+1, I am sure most of us noticed that the thread was started by someone with only 1 post, but I am glad someone who has been on here a while is the one to call it out :-) Seemed like a setup to drive traffic to their site instead of Ccom.

Well, in spite of the newcomer's attempt, I'll paraphrase the British gentleman who said, "The proper time to prune your shrubs is when the shears are sharp", and will add that the proper time to smoke is when your cigar is lit.

• RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Looks like just because is it.