Home General Discussion

Need help id'ing a Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur using its band

xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
Ok, so I got a cigar as a gift, smoked it/loved it, and I don't know what kind it was, so I can't buy more of it!

It was a Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur, and it had a yellow and gold band around it that said 'Limited Edition' on the right side, and 'handmade', acuerdo no. 194    1971 on the left side

I think it's either an Excalibur No. I (maybe No. II ??), or an Excalibur Epicure, but I really don't know

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 682
    xmacro:
    Ok, so I got a cigar as a gift, smoked it/loved it, and I don't know what kind it was, so I can't buy more of it!

It was a Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur, and it had a yellow and gold band around it that said 'Limited Edition' on the right side, and 'handmade', acuerdo no. 194    1971 on the left side

I think it's either an Excalibur No. I (maybe No. II ??), or an Excalibur Epicure, but I really don't know

Thanks for any help
    Sounds about right. They are one of my favorites, and the first box purchase I made about two years ago. I still have about 9 of them aging,love that smoke!

I am in Seattle right now, and away from my humi. When I get back in a couple of weeks I'll pull one and let you know what the band reads, bud. :D
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Does anyone think I should send an email to Cigar.com asking for an answer to this question?  Unless the bands on the No. I or II are exactly the same as on an Epicure, it shouldn't be too hard, should it?

As soon as I can get an answer, I have enough of a reason to buy some (my humi's crying out to be filled with something beyond discount cigars)